2016 Fishing thread

Mojoe

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been slammed with house project, but with the rain and sun mix today, I made some time to cast a few this evening. I just came in from the pond catching 7 large mouth bass in about 40 minutes. I'm pretty sure I caught the same one, three times in 2 minutes. He's the one in the first pic. I stocked 20 in his size this year. Good to see they are aggressive, hitting on that Mr Joshy chartreuse bait. The other pic is more like it. Maybe a little over a pound, but a fun fish to catch. Pic make him look like a huge fish next to my shoe. That's just the angle. He wasn't very big.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l284/dsnowgod/E6B56735-BC96-403D-80F5-70CB8465A13E_zpshosztqjc.jpg

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l284/dsnowgod/0210C6FC-CA1C-46B5-A786-2550852D5FA5_zpsynfqmyng.jpg

finally trying those bigjoshy swimbaits??? fishing is starting to heat up.. get out and get fishing!

finally trying those bigjoshy swimbaits??? fishing is starting to heat up.. get out and get fishing!

Yuuup. Caught another one this morning doing a quick lap around the pond. Really wanting the water to warm up a bit more to get the top water action hitting.

Adding some copper sulfate this weekend to help with water quality and clear up some algae. Illegal in Cali, but every place else swears it's great in light use.

Derek, here's what needs to happen. Next Thursday or Friday, you need to bring your gear to work, and swing out here and get my tires mounted and balanced for the FD. I'll trade off some fishing and can throw some burgers on if needed. LMK

• 3 weeks later...
What are some good places to go shore fishing in central Ohio? I haven't fished in 20 years and would like to get into it.

Hit the spillway at alum. I don't know what you are fishing for but you can get saugey, bass, musky, and so on. Once you get a routine you can even move down the creek to find better fish.

Joe, I saw you mentioned getting out on Alum for musky, when you are ready let me know. I have the boat, you bring the desire. I have been looking for an excuse to put the bass tackle away and go after the musky. My vote though is to skip alum and head to clear fork. It is only a few more minutes away from alum for me and now that it has warmed up it is harder on the musky to be taking them out of the deeper water. Clear fork is shallow all over.

Hit the spillway at alum. I don't know what you are fishing for but you can get saugey, bass, musky, and so on. Once you get a routine you can even move down the creek to find better fish.

Joe, I saw you mentioned getting out on Alum for musky, when you are ready let me know. I have the boat, you bring the desire. I have been looking for an excuse to put the bass tackle away and go after the musky. My vote though is to skip alum and head to clear fork. It is only a few more minutes away from alum for me and now that it has warmed up it is harder on the musky to be taking them out of the deeper water. Clear fork is shallow all over.

all you need to do is goto alum and bass fish shallow, you will catch plenty of muskies.. though they're tapering off shallow now and heading into deeper water.. Troll crankbaits (small hot-n-tot, shad rap 7, flicker shad/minnow 7) at idle speed 2/3mph put out 100 feet of line drive of the tips of points in the south pool you will catch muskies, saugeye, bass, crappie and catfish. try to go over the points in 9\12 feet of water with those crank baits.

all you need to do is goto alum and bass fish shallow, you will catch plenty of muskies.. though they're tapering off shallow now and heading into deeper water.. Troll crankbaits (small hot-n-tot, shad rap 7, flicker shad/minnow 7) at idle speed 2/3mph put out 100 feet of line drive of the tips of points in the south pool you will catch muskies, saugeye, bass, crappie and catfish. try to go over the points in 9\12 feet of water with those crank baits.

Yeah now that they are pulling deeper I try not to catch them. Any of the die hard/educated musky guys will stop fishing alum shortly. It is horrible to pull them from deep water. It is just really hard on them when the water gets over 70. At clear fork they handle it a lot better due to it being shallow every where.

Why would you go and put something like that out there? Now that's all I'm going to be thinking about. Let me get the house stuff wrapped up and I will be taking you up on this. I'm good for where ever for location. I like shallows, but it plays hell on many boats. You're the guide.

For now, I will throw a line while doing a lap or two around the pond, a couple days a week. I had a striper hit a bigjoshy hard as hell last week. It was about as textbook for fishing as it could be.

Why would you go and put something like that out there? Now that's all I'm going to be thinking about. Let me get the house stuff wrapped up and I will be taking you up on this. I'm good for where ever for location. I like shallows, but it plays hell on many boats. You're the guide.

For now, I will throw a line while doing a lap or two around the pond, a couple days a week. I had a striper hit a bigjoshy hard as hell last week. It was about as textbook for fishing as it could be.

striper? in your pond?

Yeah now that they are pulling deeper I try not to catch them. Any of the die hard/educated musky guys will stop fishing alum shortly. It is horrible to pull them from deep water. It is just really hard on them when the water gets over 70. At clear fork they handle it a lot better due to it being shallow every where.

oh i dont try and catch them. i try for saugeye and they wont leave my cranks alone.. but theyre coming from 10\13 fow and not down near the cold thermocline where people like to summertime fish for them. i hook maybe5/6 each year from june/sept when i fish alum normally

Joe we won't have any problems with shallow on this. Just let me know.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk251/XChris1632X/IMAG0547_zpskgt5ohhh.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone fish Hargus lake? I have been going there for over 20 years. The past years though it's like it has been fished out. When I first started fishing Hargus we use to catch so many fish it was crazy. Now they are just not there anymore.

• 1 month later...

I've been fishing in FL, used a cast net to catch greenbacks for bait, use them and some shrimp to catch amberjack and sheepshead. In the backwater I use a Wal*Mart spoon to catch some sea trout and catfish.

I've gotten my daughter into fishing...will have to get to Joe's pond this fall. ;)

Anyone fish Hargus lake? I have been going there for over 20 years. The past years though it's like it has been fished out. When I first started fishing Hargus we use to catch so many fish it was crazy. Now they are just not there anymore.

I believe its one of the top 5 overfished lakes in the country.

Daughter came home, broke out the Barbie 3ft pole, ding ding school was in session. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160807/3e87d6cf811417b1db65e5269a51ed78.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160807/d4987f739716e106612ababa3c10a89d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk