• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Under 10k for that? Jesus lol. Very nice car especially for the money

Thanks! Im happy with it.

In b4 flips.

This one is a keeper. :)

And in truth you can have your own for less! I actually drove this car. Cheapest in the country with a clean carfax. But it was not nearly as clean, I was not in love with the color combo- and it needed some front end work at a minimum. but-turbo car-no check engine light-clean car fax- its a killer price even if it needs a few things. Probably the first time in my life I did not opt for the cheapest option.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=44131&endYear=2017&modelCode1=5_SERIES&sortBy=derivedpriceASC&showcaseOwnerId=595712&makeCode1=BMW&startYear=2007&firstRecord=0&searchRadius=25&showcaseListingId=417743791&mmt=%5BBMW%5B%5D%5B5_SERIES%5B%5D%5D%5D&listingId=423840694&Log=0

Still haven't mentioned how many miles is on the car.

Littlle over 100k

Looking that sharp, and at that price, I wouldn't care if it had 200k miles on it. Very high miles on an eight year old car looking that good would just tell me that they were mostly highway miles. And I would prefer that over a 50k mile car that was short trips/city miles.

Nice score, JP. :thumbup:

Thanks.

There is something to be said for that theory, and its something I have to think about every day. My drive to work is a bumpy 12 minutes via city streets with at least 15 lights, OR 16 minutes with one light and zero bumps via the highway. Although the highway puts on more miles-I am confident the suspension alone would last 5x as long if I only took the highway route. Add in stop and go wear on an engine, and brakes "highway miles" is a true consideration. That being said I only take the side streets if I have to stop at the store on the way home.

You Cbus guys are spoiled-some of the bad roads up here are like the ace of the fucking moon!

I've been looking at these again because I am selling mine. It's funny every. single. one. I see for sale has the caution triangle light up for some little quirk. It was a good day when I finally fixed all of mine.

http://images.autotrader.com/scaler/544/408/hn/129da1f59fe8495b8928b526ecb8528d.jpg

I've been looking at these again because I am selling mine. It's funny every. single. one. I see for sale has the caution triangle light up for some little quirk. It was a good day when I finally fixed all of mine.

http://images.autotrader.com/scaler/544/408/hn/129da1f59fe8495b8928b526ecb8528d.jpg

Turbo car? Auto? Ever change the trans fluid?

I had a caution light for a day, but it went away when I aired up my tires. :p

• 4 weeks later...

Weeeeelllllll That didnt last long.

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af154/coltboostin/IMG_20160413_202138828.jpg

I skipped stages 1-9 and went straight to "kill mode"

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af154/coltboostin/IMG_20160414_194427784.jpg

I have a fucking problem lol. But in other news, the car went from meh....to YEAH BUDDY just like that. I am truly in love with this thing now. Only down side is its so god damn quite its hard to get a race! I did put a bus length on a early 2000's M3, and had a good run with a 2010 ish S4 with a temp tag. I ricer flyby'd him-he came up hard to do the same but I matched speed, and drove away quietly putting car after car on him. :)

I will be installing DIY airfitler(s), wheels and calling it good!

• 4 weeks later...
So stock and E85?? HAHAHA!!!!! Cobb is the way to go, Chad has a front mount kit for our cars.

I didnt know that! maybe I will put one on.

As an update- this thing freaking flyes. I love the car, and it has been a dream to drive so far. Updated I Drive is easy to use too.

Linn if you have cobb-just go straight to the race map. If you loook at the maps-you can use it will all stock parts. The intercooler just wont keep up-so it will start to pull timing hard on back to back pulls. I put 3 cars on a WRX that went Mid 12's @109 that same day. Video to come...

Also got super lucky and scored a set of CLS staggered 19s for super cheap on C list. Just needs front tires :)

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af154/coltboostin/IMG_20160513_205059461.jpg

Here is the video of that run with the WRX. I guess it was an STI (did not realize) Intake, exhaust, e40 tune. About as turned up as you can make it without aftermarket fuel/turbos..ect. He was honking-and left well brake boosting like a champ. I just stabbed the gas but was shifting in manual mode.

Linn, want to try it out? :)

I didn't realize these things were dirt cheap.

Came across a 535i wagon, with 80k miles for right over 10k........

Would be a much better tow vehicle than my Abarth...

How does yours drive, and handle? I test drove a new 335i M package back when they were new, and loved everything about them until I drove it......

I didn't realize these things were dirt cheap.

Came across a 535i wagon, with 80k miles for right over 10k........

Would be a much better tow vehicle than my Abarth...

How does yours drive, and handle? I test drove a new 335i M package back when they were new, and loved everything about them until I drove it......

It drives like a brand new car. I preferred it over the 2011+, hence why I made this purchase. And besides an Abrath is one of the nerdiest vehicles I have ever seen. The 535 wagon would be 1000000x classier and mature. Just try to get the maintenance history on it-they have all had HPFPs done. Injectors and coils would be a huge plus. Also about time it may need a intake blast-but you would feel hesitation if it needed it.

I saw those wheels on c list and must've texted him right after he sold them to you. Great score!

Right!!! I didn't even low ball him HE came up with the price LOL. I dropped them off to get 2 used fronts put on and balanced, we will see what happens

Augh!!!! Those wheels need CENTER CAPS! ;)

Seriously, that's a damn impressive vid. Wonder what it's putting down from a Cobb tuner and E85 fuel?

All of it. LOL. I just put a car+ on a buddy with a modded e55 AMG. I was shocked I pulled away from him up top. Pully, longtubes, full exhaust (no tune yet). Im sure with a tune we would be dead even or worse for me-he went 12.3@113. No video as my phone dies and I could not turn my go pro on :mad:

$250-DELIVERED.

Still convinced one of them is bent or cracked for that price LOL. We will see how they balance

I told you BMW wheels were cheap.

Mine is gone and I can honestly say I don't miss it, but that is probably because I am having way too much fun with its replacement.

I told you BMW wheels were cheap.

Mine is gone and I can honestly say I don't miss it, but that is probably because I am having way too much fun with its replacement.

Not THIS cheap. LOL

They balanced well-need to clean some old plasti dip off the barrels and will be installing soon.

It drives like a brand new car. I preferred it over the 2011+, hence why I made this purchase. And besides an Abrath is one of the nerdiest vehicles I have ever seen. The 535 wagon would be 1000000x classier and mature. Just try to get the maintenance history on it-they have all had HPFPs done. Injectors and coils would be a huge plus. Also about time it may need a intake blast-but you would feel hesitation if it needed it.

Right!!! I didn't even low ball him HE came up with the price LOL. I dropped them off to get 2 used fronts put on and balanced, we will see what happens

All of it. LOL. I just put a car+ on a buddy with a modded e55 AMG. I was shocked I pulled away from him up top. Pully, longtubes, full exhaust (no tune yet). Im sure with a tune we would be dead even or worse for me-he went 12.3@113. No video as my phone dies and I could not turn my go pro on :mad:

I might have to drive one. The reliability stories scare me though, but the things are dirt cheap. I don't have co workers, so no need to care about whatever image I'm trying to sell. I wouldn't classify an almost 10 year old car classy anyways.

A comfy TT wagon with the potential to make over 400hp for under 15k is a lot of bang for the buck though..

I got my volvo for the same price/miles and that looks way nicer :fa:

Yes, but your will likely break less and be less expensive to fix!

I might have to drive one. The reliability stories scare me though, but the things are dirt cheap. I don't have co workers, so no need to care about whatever image I'm trying to sell. I wouldn't classify an almost 10 year old car classy anyways.

A comfy TT wagon with the potential to make over 400hp for under 15k is a lot of bang for the buck though..

The wagons are dope, but I would make sure you wait for a well sorted unit

After 2+ hours of cleaning plasti dip off, I got them to my buddy to get 2 used fronts installed and the rears resealed. $80 later.....Bam!

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af154/coltboostin/IMG_20160519_103927416_HDR.jpg

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af154/coltboostin/IMG_20160519_104013666_HDR.jpg

Still shocked they were straight and balanced well. Tint, and I think I am done. I know it would look great lowered, but I will not lower it if it at all compromised ride quality.

If it's anything like the 3-series AWD...it's a pain to get it lowered and only leads to powertrain trouble down the road.

Trans is beefier, but other than that I assume its the samish.

Im in no rush-Im fine with the gap. :) Ride is same as stock with these tires.