Where to shop for a clean Fox

excell

Yea, I talked to this guy. A few red flags for me -- body has about 170k, was repainted but he didn't know when, etc. Sounded like a decent car for more like 4k but I'm sure they won't go there.

I have my eye on a 2001 Cobra right now. Low miles, stock, and the colors I want. Top of my budget but I think you have all turned my thinking a bit. Nicer, newer car that's got more upside and I won't feel bad actually driving it. If I end up with it I'm sure I'll get lots of "lol not a Terminator" though haha.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thing is amazing minus it being a damned auto. Still has the coil cover, dizzy boot, working ashtray ect. CLEAN....A/T :mad:

My thoughts too. Seen a lot of nice auto cars. I just don't have the time or interest for a swap.

Also, hi Jaron. :)

I have my eye on a 2001 Cobra right now. Low miles, stock, and the colors I want. Top of my budget but I think you have all turned my thinking a bit. Nicer, newer car that's got more upside and I won't feel bad actually driving it. If I end up with it I'm sure I'll get lots of "lol not a Terminator" though haha.

Just before I bought my BMW, I was looking at New Edge Cobras. I liked the idea of a mainstream, V8 RWD convertible with a little bit more of a pedigree. At the time, there wasn't anything under $7500.

If you're going to go Mustang for a convertible, a Cobra is definitely a good way to go. Would rather be looking at "COBRA" on the rear bumper than "MUSTANG" :lol:

Would rather be looking at "COBRA" on the rear bumper than "MUSTANG" :lol:

When did they start doing that? I had a buddy that ran through a series of mid-90s cobras (when they were new) that said mustang on the bumper. To be fair they were pre-new edge cars. To be double fair he totaled every single one of them (4 in all).

Not sure why they stopped in 1999... but those cars were odd birds. I think they rushed them out which is why they had all the performance problems and recalls. Skipped 2000 except for the Cobra R and 2000-2001 are supposed to be really fun cars. They just got paled in comparison to Ford's "I'm sorry we fucked you in 1999" Terminator which is a great car. I always really liked the n/a Cobra though, and they can be found for half the price of a Terminator. That's 10k worth saving to me.

Funny enough Clay -- the Cobra's are still hard to find under $7500 in any generation. They have held value pretty well.

Nice pick up. My dad rented a 5.0 mustang lx manual convertible for a weekend trip to West Virginia when I was a kid. I'm guessing it was '90 or '91. Fond memories of taking rides in it through the mountains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the 99-04 body style, but their interiors are horrendous.

they had the same exact interior the 95-98 had.

And then I bought this. :) 1989 two owner Florida car, 98k miles. Gotta get it shipped up from Georgia.

Looks nice!