550-600rwhp N/A LS what is needed

hpfiend

thats a good guess- that engine did have a unique manifold with dual carbs.. maybe the manifold had individual butterflies

I wouldn't copy that build exactly.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/attachments/generation-iv-external-engine/221658d1268744235-ls-itb-s-dscn0451.jpg

Since I can buy a 480 HP LS3 with zero miles crate for just under 7K I would think considerably less than that for a junkyard piece together mill

There's a big difference in a crank rated 480HP crate and a WHEEL rated built motor. 400 wheel is a cake walk anymore, 500 takes a bit of effort and 600 takes a fuckload of money. Pick your battles.

There's a big difference in a crank rated 480HP crate and a WHEEL rated built motor. 400 wheel is a cake walk anymore, 500 takes a bit of effort and 600 takes a fuckload of money. Pick your battles.

Yep. Also, consider all of the supporting mods you'll need to run that type of power. If you're even mildly considering a power adder, you can do a junkyard 5.3 and piece together a turbo kit plus have plenty of money for your supporting mods for under $7k no problem and make a reliable (if done correctly) 600whp.

The couple guys I know with 500+whp both told me if they could do it again they'd just go F/I. You're talking knarly cam, deep sea compression and spinning it hard. Or you could just bolt on a blower and have WAY better street manners.

Thanks for your post! 6L80 or 4L80? Tim on here? Did you port your tb and manifold?

6l80 with an FTI 3600 billet triple disk. Tim Toops, he is on here. Think his username is NHRATA. Futral Motorsports in Louisiana did my intake and TB.

Yep. Also, consider all of the supporting mods you'll need to run that type of power. If you're even mildly considering a power adder, you can do a junkyard 5.3 and piece together a turbo kit plus have plenty of money for your supporting mods for under $7k no problem and make a reliable (if done correctly) 600whp.

If I could redo my Camaro over again I'd either boost it or spray it to the moon and call it done. If I would have done either of those, I'd still probably be driving it instead of getting frustrated and selling it off.

If I could redo my Camaro over again I'd either boost it or spray it to the moon and call it done. If I would have done either of those, I'd still probably be driving it instead of getting frustrated and selling it off.

If I did it again, I'd go cam only and none of the extra crap. Throw an LSA blower on it and call it a day. I've got as much in headers and head work as a used blower costs.

Edited by aussiek2000

I did cam, headers and such but my cam was pretty aggressive. After that I started chasing NA power and realized it was too steep of a hill to climb. I had too much into it to go back but if I could have started over, it would have been boosted.

What do you all think of a 4.8 crank, 6.0 block, L92 heads, pac1218 springs, some turbo cam, ls6/ls3 manifold 80 lb injectors, and my gt45 turbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do all that, if your going to toss a gt45 on it you can make your power goals with a 4.8,5.3 or 6.0 from the junkyard stock with a set of head studs some rod bolts and I'd go ls9 gaskets.

Since I can buy a 480 HP LS3 with zero miles crate for just under 7K I would think considerably less than that for a junkyard piece together mill

Not extremely realistic for a normally aspirated engine that needs to produce 1.7hp per cubic inch or thereabouts. It can be done, but it gets expensive. N/A engines are less forgiving to mistakes and non efficient parts than forced induction engines.