Doorbell machine thingy question

PRD2BDF

Hello all! I have a question. I have a doorbell machine thingy that chimes when you push the doorbell button. It is on the wall in the living room. Of course, as most of you know, it's useless to me. I was wondering if it is possible to remove the thingy and replace it with a light that lights up every time someone pushes the button? I do know it is wired but I don't know a lot about electricals and how much electricity the thingy uses/provides. I'm not sure if it is even possible.

Can anyone shed soms light on this?

I mean, it's not a bunch of novel's of him fighting with Geeto, so yeah, you're the only one.

blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah,

What are you trying to say Jesse? ;)

I mean, it's not a bunch of novel's of him fighting with Geeto, so yeah, you're the only one.

blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah ba blah, blah...ect

What are you trying to say Jesse? ;)

thank you :masturboy:

Cody are you asking if the current wiring would work with a light?(as in take door bell ringer machine off, and use existing wiring to wire in a light)

I have one better for you... How about you get alerted on your smartphone and can look at HD video of who's at your front door and also speak with them if you want to... I actually have 2 of these (front and back door) and they are great... https://ring.com/

This wouldn't work if he doesn't have his phone on him. If you didn't get it yet hes deff, and is trying to be alerted via sight.

Yes, Paul, that is what I'm asking. Thank you for simplifying it. I couldn't think of a way to phrase it.

Doorbell chime is probably only 24 volt, but it may be possible to get a low voltage LED fixture that would work.

Is there a basement under this area? Usually they are a later addition to the house and you can see the wiring from below.

Cody are you asking if the current wiring would work with a light?(as in take door bell ringer machine off, and use existing wiring to wire in a light)

This wouldn't work if he doesn't have his phone on him. If you didn't get it yet hes deff, and is trying to be alerted via sight.

who doesn't carry their phone on them 24x7 anymore?

When im home I never have it on me. When im out and about sure the entire time.

fair enough. I have so much home automation at my house though that I normally have it always on me because my wife is always wanting the A/C turned up or down, or I need to check to cameras to see what my kids are doing, etc....

The bell likely has a step-down transformer internally that cuts your household 120volts down to about 24 volts for the chime. I suppose you could source some kind of LED light that can handle 12-24 volts (an automotive strip LED light maybe) for a simple solution that directly connects to the output power for the chime. Is this what you are after? Also, I think it would only flash on and off as quickly as someone presses the button. Not sure if you are wanting a turn on and hold or on/off solution.

The bell likely has a step-down transformer internally that cuts your household 120volts down to about 24 volts for the chime. I suppose you could source some kind of LED light that can handle 12-24 volts (an automotive strip LED light maybe) for a simple solution that directly connects to the output power for the chime. Is this what you are after? Also, I think it would only flash on and off as quickly as someone presses the button. Not sure if you are wanting a turn on and hold or on/off solution.

Yep pretty much this.... there is more than likely a 12-24v transformer mounted close to your electrical panel or on it. 2 wires run from there to the doorbell, then another 2 out to the button. You push the button it closes the circuit and sends 24v to the chime.

Now you could do all kinds of stuff if u want to get creative...... and are decent with wiring... use the existing bell switch to send a signal to a 24v relay then have a light turn on or off, you could set the relay next to the existing 24v transformer then run 120v wiring through its contacts to a regular LED light.

Something like this https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DN33S3C/ref=pd_aw_sbs_263_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=41KLc5xUrbL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL100_SR100%2C100_&psc=1&refRID=CGV86GJYAY18CNYWBSFK

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The last 2 posts are close to correct, while it will be a lower voltage, and it can vary from 8-24 volts, the voltage will be AC not DC, meaning you would need a couple of relays to make a DC light work, as well as a power source for it, and a relay and a 110v source for it, which could be taken off the input of the transformer (which is probably in the attic) close to the door heel assembly itself.

Ah true on the ac part.... idk why i was thinking dc..... this should work then https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DN34JC6/ref=pd_aw_sim_60_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=41j%2Bg5bwuXL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL100_SR100%2C100_&psc=1&refRID=RWN89D359045FJ31FH0C

What spectra is saying sounds way complicated for some reason.... almost 80% of the transformers are mounted directly to the electrical panel....

Depending on how the existing wires are ran it could be very simple... i almost always use the actual chime as the central junction point.... if you pull the chime down and you have 4 wires there and you can find the transformer by the panel you should be set......

Take the 4 wires in the chime connect the colored pairs together off of the chime just use it for a junction box.

Then by the panel on the transformer unhook one wire and hook it to the 24v ac relay i posted. Then take a single wore from the other transformer terminal and hook it to the other coil input wire. That will make it so when the button is pressed the relay will energize. Then take 120v from the panel run the hot through whichever contact you want (normally open or closed) then to the light you want to turn on or off when the doorbell button is pressed.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk