College Football 2016/17

Lauren

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Louisville shouldn't fall too far in the polls and will continue to be in the discussion for the playoff. Wisconsin won't, though. Which kind of reinforces the point I made a few pages back -- it's usually regarded as acceptable to lose in a shootout, but not in a low scoring, defensive battle. The Louisville/Clemson game was exciting, and the Michigan/Wisconsin game was boring. Both away teams just narrowly lost. But watch - Louisville will still hover around the top 5 - hell, they may only swap spots with Clemson in the polls - and Wisconsin will nose dive. And, BTW, both Louisville and Clemson looked downright sloppy at times. I think there were about 19 turnovers in that game.

List looks right. Who's your last two in the top 10?

9. Who cares

10. Irrelevant

Honestly, it likely doesn't matter, because I don't consider any other teams out there in realistic contention for the playoff at this moment. However, if I had to round out the top 10, I'd probably say:

9. Wisconsin (even though I don't think they really are very good at all)

10. Texas AM (isn't good either and I think any decent team would curb stomp them)

My top 10

1)Ohio State

2)Alabama

3)Clemson

4)Michigan

5)Washington

6)Houston

7)Louisville

8)Tennessee

9)Texas A&M (I guess?)

10)Wisconsin

It's really top 7 then everyone else in my opinion. I'd be surprised if someone outside of my top 7 made the playoff

This is showing how over rated the B1G is right now.

Says you and nobody else. Hell, when Mark May starts picking tOSU and Finebaum, 'Bama's second largest homer after your girlfriend and slightly more so than you, says the B1G is college footballs strongest conference there's no fallacy.

Time will tell, but overall I'd say the B1G is top conf thus far. 'Bama did not impress yesterday. I was actually disappointed. I'm sure you have some Geeto-esque reason why, but I wasn't even whelmed.

Coaches Poll

1. Bama

2. tOSU

3. Clemson

4. Michigan

5. Houston

6. Washington

7. TAMU

8. Louisville

9. Tennessee

10. Miami

Notable B10 teams

12. Nebraska (Finally getting some love)

13. Wisconsin (didn't nose dive as bad as I thought)

This weeks picks:

#25 Va Tech vs #17 UNC

#9 Tennessee vs #8 TAMU

#1 Bama vs #16 Arkansas

Upset Special: Florida State over Miami

Thats actually a very fair top 10 (coaches poll). I want louisville to come back and get into the playoff somehow. Really bumed they lost yesterday, and I really don't care about the team or the school, just nice to see someone different in top 4. Also, really glad to see Michigan 'is back'. Its not a good rivalry when the team sucks.

Washington will flop at some point.

TAMU will beat the Vols.

I'm not so sure on Bama Vs Arkansas. Could be an upset brewing there

Says you and nobody else. Hell, when Mark May starts picking tOSU and Finebaum, 'Bama's second largest homer after your girlfriend and slightly more so than you, says the B1G is college footballs strongest conference there's no fallacy.

Time will tell, but overall I'd say the B1G is top conf thus far. 'Bama did not impress yesterday. I was actually disappointed. I'm sure you have some Geeto-esque reason why, but I wasn't even whelmed.

B1G has Ohio ST and maybe Michigan. Everybody rode Wisconsin junk because they beat Michigan St we found out are frauds. Seriously you have two teams in the B1G. Iowa just lost to Northwestern.

SEC has Bama, TAMU, Arkansas, Tennessee. I think Tenn is over rated but they are finding ways to win. They have the heart.

B1G has Ohio ST and maybe Michigan. Everybody rode Wisconsin junk because they beat Michigan St we found out are frauds. Seriously you have two teams in the B1G. Iowa just lost to Northwestern.

SEC has Bama, TAMU, Arkansas, Tennessee. I think Tenn is over rated but they are finding ways to win. They have the heart.

You mean the Tennessee that needed OT to beat App St and struggled with OU? Want to be sure we are talking the same team

Thats actually a very fair top 10 (coaches poll). I want louisville to come back and get into the playoff somehow. Really bumed they lost yesterday, and I really don't care about the team or the school, just nice to see someone different in top 4. Also, really glad to see Michigan 'is back'. Its not a good rivalry when the team sucks.

Washington will flop at some point.

TAMU will beat the Vols.

I'm not so sure on Bama Vs Arkansas. Could be an upset brewing there

I agree with this.

SEC has Bama' date=' TAMU, Arkansas, Tennessee. I think Tenn is over rated but they are finding ways to win. They have the heart.[/quote']

SEC has 'Bama who may be on a slippery slope, be honest. TAMU? Arkansas? TN? EL! OH! EL! :lol: C'mon man. Take the blinders off. Not one of those other teams will make the playoffs.

I'm not saying the B1G is superior and everyone should bow down in a manner that SEC fans have been for year. TBH, I want TTUN to do well and then get destroyed by tOSU every year. Outside of that I could care less how the rest of the conf does. I'd LIKE them to do well, but it is what it is.

Then again, I'm not a homer and I can admit when my team is down without making excuses. :)

You mean the Tennessee that needed OT to beat App St and struggled with OU? Want to be sure we are talking the same team

Right?

In replying to you saying the B1G is the best conference in college football not that I think Tennessee is going to make the playoffs. I think Bama beats them twice this year.

Hell, when Mark May starts picking tOSU and Finebaum, 'Bama's second largest homer after your girlfriend and slightly more so than you, says the B1G is college footballs strongest conference there's no fallacy.

I would bet Wisky and Sparty could "upset" a few of those teams you listed even. Who knows though? It's all speculation. I jsut have not been impressed with anyone in the SEC this year, including 'Bama. They didn't look stellar against a far inferior team yesterday.

NOT saying they aren't good and not saying they won't make the playoffs, but they were and have been underwhelming.

I'm sure there's an excuse as to why though. :)