College Football 2016/17

Lauren

I wouldn't say he's a "cali guy." He is most certainly a Texas guy. He was born in Cincinnati, went to college in California and his list of coaching locations are as follows...

Texas Lutheran (1988) WR Coach

Texas (1999/2000) GA

Sam Houston State (2001-2004) WR coach

Texas State (2005-2006) OC

Rice (2007-2008) OC

Iowa State (2009-2011) OC

Ohio State (2012-2014) OC

Houston (2015-Present) HC

I think the biggest possibilities for him are Texas or LSU. He seems to be comfortable in that region and with recruiting there.

I could agree with the 4/10. Penn State is one of those teams that plays us tough typically and it's at their place at night. I was reading on Penn State's message board and most of their fans there are not confident at all with PSU's chance to win. I guess they have a really weak offensive line and they are afraid of OSU's pass rush. I think that will be the key factor in the game. Penn State has really good receivers so if we can get to the QB before he has time to hit them down field, I think we will be fine.

Having spent the last two years in Houston, I can tell you that the state of Texas, which unilaterally hates everything about the state of California, Most definitely embraces Herman as a Texas Guy. He has spent almost his entire career coaching in Texas, and his relationships with Texas HS Coaches are FANTASTIC. They freaking love him, always have. No, I'm with the majority on this one, Strong is out, and UT is going to back up the Brinks Truck to Hermans front door, and he will walk to Austin on a path paved with c-notes. LSU is out because they are cash strapped, they can't afford to pay Herman what Texas can...and really, why the hell would you move to the hell hole that is LSU when you could live in Austin, the only city in Texas that feels like it actually belongs on the same planet as the rest of us.

Also, despite the fact that he SHOULD be fired as of right freaking now, I think that Brian Kelly gets another year at ND. They are just now finishing up their payments to Charlie Weiss (seriously, that guy is a turd), and probably won't be too quick on the trigger to excommunicate Kelly. That being said, Kelly could do a lot for himself if he stopped acting like Whitey Bulger on the field and in the locker room (miss a block at your own risk),

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with DJ, I think Texas makes a play for Herman, and he accepts.

People who think the HC gig at LSU is on par with the Texas HC job are delusional. I mean, LSU is a nice job and all, but it's second tier, whereas Texas is first tier. Hell, you could make the case that the HC job at Texas is the best job not only in college football, but the best job in all of sports, period.

I'd take Texas over USC job. Probably.

If it was me 15 years ago I'd be all over that douchey LA scene. Now that I'm more sensible, I take the Texas job. Money will go farther in Austin, media will be more forgiving, and the higher ups aren't as weird (because the brass at USC hss been pretty odd in recent years).

Not sure what point you're making.

Here's my point: Penn State is traditionally a pretty difficult out when they play at home for big night games.

The importance of Ohio State's win there in 2014 cannot be overstated, IMO. I think it was when the team really "gelled" and realized that they could win a tight, closely-contested, physical game. And I still think Bosa's sack to end that game should get more praise.

I was just saying that we usually meet a loser PSU team with a chip on their shoulder. This year we show up humbled from our scare at Camp Randall while they are riding high after their beatdown last week. I think they may need a bite of reality sandwich.

Speaking of targeting.....by the way, Bama getting refs to help them out has been going on for longer than most of us have been alive. My step mom is from down south and is a huge football fan, as in knows WAY MORE than our resident band wagon bammer, and said that every other sec fan was so used to it, that they expected 3 or 4 blatant bad calls in bama's favor every game.

Damn rednecks.