College Football 2016/17

Lauren

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say it guys but we've gotta be huge Michigan fans from here on out...

Hypothetically speaking if Michigan loses a game before they play us and Penn State wins out, even if we beat Michigan guess who wins the B1G East? Fucking Penn State

Yeah, that would absolutely suck balls. Looking at Michigans schedule, on paper there isn't a team that should come with in 40 points of them. The only game that makes me somewhat nervous for them is Michigan State. Yes, they are horrible this year, but it's still a rivalry and MSU has had Michigans number the last few years.

11w breakdown of the passing game issues.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/film-study/2016/10/75777/film-study-ohio-states-inconsistent-passing-game-in-happy-valley

TL: DR- Play calls are ok, sometimes perfect, JT Barrett is good enough, WR suck balls

11w breakdown of the passing game issues.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/film-study/2016/10/75777/film-study-ohio-states-inconsistent-passing-game-in-happy-valley

TL: DR- Play calls are ok, sometimes perfect, JT Barrett is good enough, WR suck balls

I guess some people just don't remember all of the dropped balls. Hopefully someone decides to step up soon, or we are in some trouble.

The top 2 WR's on this team are converted RB's, that's an issue! I said a couple years ago that the WR recruiting here at OSU was suspect and I remember LJ busting my balls over it. They were recruiting athletes more than they were pure WR's and missing out on the top WR's i.e Kirk (TAMU) Quick (Louisville) and a few others. Last year they really began to recruit WR's but both those kids are young, unproven and haven't gotten much playing time at all. It'll be another year or 2 before the WR group at OSU is up to the standard around here.

I can remember complaining about them too, specifically Marshall. Clark is a real WR (almost 5k yards in HS), he just sucks. McLaurin was a flex, WR/RB, he sucks too. Hell, probably the best receiver is a RB, Wilson. I think the issue is recruiting misses right now, KJ Hill missing much of the season so far with an injury (he was a an Army All American and #16 WR), Corey Smith is hurt again.

If you watch football at all, you should know that this is not a good route

https://cdn-e1.streamable.com/video/mp4-mobile/jmin.mp4?token=1478548920_9d6f33f79175079727f2be30e0c19a6e723018b7

It's clear JT expected Clark to see the zone coverage, and break over the top of the defender and get separation. Instead he broke it inside and drifted.

OSU would be the fourth best team in the SEC

The SEC is garbage.

funny that penn state shows up for 1 game a year

They honestly see tOSU as their biggest rival. They could lose every game but be ecstatic if they beat tOSU. Truth.

tOSU, on the other hand, doesn't see them as anythign other than an occasional speed bump.

JT Barrett is an average qb and we are seeing it now.

This is why nobody can take you seriously on here. I mean, wear the blinders, drink the kool aid, and hate all you want, but for fucks sake, don't be a dumb ass.

He probably had the best all around supporting cast in college football.

See Henry from the 2014 season. lol. C'mon.

Now you see him with good talent but nowhere near what he had and he isn't all that impressive. Passing game is atrocious and the running game is fluttering. If it wasn't for OSU's incredible front four on D and how deep they are there this team would have 3 losses already.

This is why nobody can take you seriously on here. I mean, wear the blinders, drink the kool aid, and hate all you want, but for fucks sake, don't be a dumb ass.

Who said they will be top 5 after this loss?

The couple of trolls on here who can't read for comprehension nor use logic.

Nebraska over Wisconsin ( I'm not on the Wisconsin bandwagon like all you homers)

Northwestern over OSU (because troll)

:lolguy:

Where's the queen of hair products and his thoughts on the game

Irony is clearly your strong suit Tiny Dancer.

I would bet the amount of Bama fans rooting against OSU is 500x higher than the amount of OSU fans rooting against Bama....

I agree, and it's because they'd rather waltz their way to another easy NC. Pun intended.

Which game should I attend. Northwestern vs Buckeyes or Nebraska vs Buckeyes?

Doesn't matter. You'll end up not buying the tickets off of someone at the last moment.

All in all, this is a YOUNG team. Preseason I expected losses to OK and Wisc. Got past them and PSU pulls a miracle out of their gaping anus and TTUN is stout.

Gonna be an interesting season from here forward.

I don't think JT is "Average" but I don't think he is elite either and I do not expect much out of him after his college days. I just told a friend, that to me, he is a more athletic Kenny Guiton/Krenzel. His field generalness is amazing, but his arm is not that great. The WR's are running terrible routes, I will agree with that. I will even say that some careers have been set back due to injury but there have been some huge misses with kids choosing to go elsewhere.

Samuel has 37 receptions, the next 2 top WR's have that many combine (Brown 19/Wilson 18). All other WR's have a combined 32 receptions between 7 guys...

People wonder why ND is not in the elite category, it may have something to do with their head coach. A recruit recently backed out of his verbal to them and ultimately chose Michigan.

"“He doesn't act like he's important,” Jeter told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “He's real down to earth and humble. He's easy to talk to. Talking to Brian Kelly wasn't fun. It wasn't cool. You have to make an appointment just to go to his office. Coach Harbaugh has an open-door policy. Every one of Michigan's coaches has an open-door policy.”"

The SEC is garbage.

They honestly see tOSU as their biggest rival. They could lose every game but be ecstatic if they beat tOSU. Truth.

tOSU, on the other hand, doesn't see them as anythign other than an occasional speed bump.

See Henry from the 2014 season. lol. C'mon.

The couple of trolls on here who can't read for comprehension nor use logic.

:lolguy:

Irony is clearly your strong suit Tiny Dancer.

I agree, and it's because they'd rather waltz their way to another easy NC. Pun intended.

Doesn't matter. You'll end up not buying the tickets off of someone at the last moment.

All in all, this is a YOUNG team. Preseason I expected losses to OK and Wisc. Got past them and PSU pulls a miracle out of their gaping anus and TTUN is stout.

Gonna be an interesting season from here forward.

You try to prove your case that sec is garbage by linking me to a OSU webpage. :lolguy:

Perhaps you should take your blinders off and quit drinking the kool aid.

People wonder why ND is not in the elite category, it may have something to do with their head coach. A recruit recently backed out of his verbal to them and ultimately chose Michigan.

"“He doesn't act like he's important,” Jeter told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “He's real down to earth and humble. He's easy to talk to. Talking to Brian Kelly wasn't fun. It wasn't cool. You have to make an appointment just to go to his office. Coach Harbaugh has an open-door policy. Every one of Michigan's coaches has an open-door policy.”"

Yep.

Brian Kelly is a fucking clown. He is such an arrogant douchebag and never takes accountability for anything. Paul Finebaum summed it up nicely...

“Let’s think about what Brian Kelly has done in the last couple weeks,” Finebaum said. “He blamed everyone on his team a couple weeks ago and said he would be re-evaluating (every position), then he blamed his defensive coordinator and fired him. He’s blamed his quarterback who has had a really nice year. And (Saturday) he called out his center saying he had been snapping atrociously in middle of a hurricane.

“I’m beginning to wonder who’s next for Brian Kelly to blame? Donald Trump? I’ve always respected Notre Dame and I think it’s one of the great institutions for higher learning in this country, but why would anyone want play for Brian Kelly? He’s a miserable human being and blames everyone but himself.”

“I frankly think this season is going down the drain and they could lose as many as eight or nine games,” Finebaum said. “He’ll keep his job, but you wonder whether he’ll want to keep his job. I think Brian Kelly is resembling the Titanic quite frankly in South Bend.”

Sorry I'm late to the party. I was busy trying to come up with some excuses for Ohio State like I did after the Indiana game (underrated defense!) and the Wisconsin game (tough environment, top 10 opponent!), and couldn't find any. This team is not playing very well right now, the end. Hopefully they rebound nicely like they have in years past. Them only dropping 4 spots in the polls shows that they've received the benefit of the doubt and built up a lot of political capital.

Sorry I'm late to the party. I was busy trying to come up with some excuses for Ohio State like I did after the Indiana game (underrated defense!) and the Wisconsin game (tough environment, top 10 opponent!), and couldn't find any. This team is not playing very well right now, the end. Hopefully they rebound nicely like they have in years past. Them only dropping 4 spots in the polls shows that they've received the benefit of the doubt and built up a lot of political capital.

Offense and defense actually played well enough to win. Special Teams gave up 10 points. That's just a facet of the game that we take for granted having Tressel and Urban the last 15 years.

Offense and defense actually played well enough to win. Special Teams gave up 10 points. That's just a facet of the game that we take for granted having Tressel and Urban the last 15 years.

Yep. How often do we give up a td off of a blocked fg?.....seriously. We lost. We deserved it. Now we move on and try to win out and get back in.

It's not how you lose, it's who you lost to and what you do after you lose.

I would take this loss 100 times over again before a loss to Michigan to end the year if both teams were 11-0 going in.

We lost at the wrong time to the wrong team last year (MSU) and it cost us our season. This Penn State game SHOULDN'T cost us our season, so for that, we should be thankful.