College Football 2016/17

Lauren

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big 12 voted not to expand. Stupid decision.

Well guess Herman for sure is leaving now.

Everyone thinks Texas, but I have a feeling he ends up at USC. He's a cali guy and I think recruiting for USC is easier at this point that it is for Texas. Who does he have to compete against in Cali for recruits, UCLA? Texas he has 3-4 other big schools plus Oklahoma and others coming in to steal recruits.

Anyone nervous for this game?

I'll admit that the game I was most worried about this year was last week- even when I saw it on the schedule before the season started. Any night game at PSU is going to be tough and I'm hoping we don't have a hangover from last week.

My nervous factor: 4/10.

Everyone thinks Texas, but I have a feeling he ends up at USC. He's a cali guy and I think recruiting for USC is easier at this point that it is for Texas. Who does he have to compete against in Cali for recruits, UCLA? Texas he has 3-4 other big schools plus Oklahoma and others coming in to steal recruits.

I wouldn't say he's a "cali guy." He is most certainly a Texas guy. He was born in Cincinnati, went to college in California and his list of coaching locations are as follows...

Texas Lutheran (1988) WR Coach

Texas (1999/2000) GA

Sam Houston State (2001-2004) WR coach

Texas State (2005-2006) OC

Rice (2007-2008) OC

Iowa State (2009-2011) OC

Ohio State (2012-2014) OC

Houston (2015-Present) HC

I think the biggest possibilities for him are Texas or LSU. He seems to be comfortable in that region and with recruiting there.

Anyone nervous for this game?

I'll admit that the game I was most worried about this year was last week- even when I saw it on the schedule before the season started. Any night game at PSU is going to be tough and I'm hoping we don't have a hangover from last week.

My nervous factor: 4/10.

I could agree with the 4/10. Penn State is one of those teams that plays us tough typically and it's at their place at night. I was reading on Penn State's message board and most of their fans there are not confident at all with PSU's chance to win. I guess they have a really weak offensive line and they are afraid of OSU's pass rush. I think that will be the key factor in the game. Penn State has really good receivers so if we can get to the QB before he has time to hit them down field, I think we will be fine.

"Herman was born in Cincinnati and still has family there, though he was raised in Simi Valley, California"

Thus, he's a Cali guy...

I mentioned in my picks that this game will be closer than people expect it to be for a while. Ultimately the talent takes over and OSU wins, but I am fully expecting a 7-7, 10-3, 10-7 type score after the 1st quarter.

Lol dude you are literally nervous for every game...even Tulsa

I wasn't nervous when I told everyone that Ohio State was going to beat Oklahoma and then proceeded to accurately predict the exact final score of that game.

Remember when that happened little bro? DO YOU

I wasn't nervous when I told everyone that Ohio State was going to beat Oklahoma and then proceeded to accurately predict the exact final score of that game.

Remember when that happened little bro? DO YOU

Did you really? I actually don't remember that haha.

Either way, I'm pumped for this damn game. I love night games.

I'm always nervous playing Penn State at night in Happy Valley.

Meh, maybe in other years. Don't forget PSU is coming off a pretty big win against Maryland, they wracked up a lot of yards and McSorley had career highs running, LOL....while we are coming off a squeaker against the Badgers.

Meh, maybe in other years. Don't forget PSU is coming off a pretty big win against Maryland, they wracked up a lot of yards and McSorley had career highs running, LOL....while we are coming off a squeaker against the Badgers.

Not sure what point you're making.

Here's my point: Penn State is traditionally a pretty difficult out when they play at home for big night games.

The importance of Ohio State's win there in 2014 cannot be overstated, IMO. I think it was when the team really "gelled" and realized that they could win a tight, closely-contested, physical game. And I still think Bosa's sack to end that game should get more praise.

According to Reddit, Ohio State isn't inexperienced at all because the team is full of 4 and 5 stars, and Urban Meyer deserves no credit for their 2 road wins because the team has 4 and 5 stars.

Urban might win the NC this year and still won't be elected B10 coach of the year. Rather, it'll go to Harbaugh or Cryst. Or Kirk Ferentz, who should likely get another raise and contract extension by December.

Thanks for brining this up again...no I am all worked up about it again.