College Football 2016/17

Lauren

I'll be at the Michigan game. I look forward to all crying fans when Michigan wins.

Please tell me how I do t understand football

2nd half coaching and talent took over.

Not scared in the least by Michigan. I do not get what everyone is so scared of with them, good team, not intimidating. They beat wisky by 7 at their place, not at night, not the game of the week. Factors game to game change a lot, so trying to draw conclusions is not amicable.

OSU is the best team talent in the b1g and just maybe slightly behind bama.

Too soon you forgot bama was in serious trouble with ole miss...this would be a great year to play in the SEC, they all down less Bama.

So just relax, sit back, watch teams mature. I think right now Bama is clearly 1 and we are clearly 2, the rest is meh. With OSU's youth its impressive where they are.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SEC is fraudulent. Wisconsin would easily win the East and would contend for the West. Let's not forget just how over ranked their teams are. Alabama blowing out the 9th best team in the nation would be impressive if Tennessee was in fact that good. They aren't. Wisconsin would beat Tennessee by 3 TDs.

Ohio State will face a top 8 Nebraska team before facing Michigan later in the year as well. I have a feeling this is the week Alabama goes down when they face Texas A&M. Alabama did what everyone expected them to do against Tennessee, they finally showed that Tenn was severely over rated. Wisconsin did exactly what I expected them to do, played Ohio State wire to wire. I am not real sure why anyone in their right mind felt that game was going to go any other way than it did last night. If you go back and look, you'll see that Wisconsin always plays Ohio State close and even more so when it's in Madison.

2002: @ Wisconsin 19-14 (Win)

2003 @Wisconsin 17-10 (Loss)

Why did they play back to back away games against Wisconsin?

2004: 24-13 (Loss)

2005: DNP

2006: DNP

2007: 38-17 (Win)

2008: @Wisconsin 20-17 (Win)

2009: 31-13 (Win)

2010: @Wisconsin 31-18 (Loss)

2011: 33-29 (Win on Braxton Hail Mary)

2012: @Wisconsin 21-17 (Win in OT)

2013: 31-24 (Win)

2014: 59-0 (Win in CCG)

2015: DNP

2016: @Wisconsin 30-23 (Win in OT)

Aside from 2 games during the regular season and the championship game, these games are generally decided by 7 points or less.

So lets break it down further, since 2002 the series is 8-2 which seems pretty lopsided. However, the 2 losses have been at Wisconsin. Two others went in to overtime while at Madison and one other only a victory by 3 points. It's much like Purdue for Ohio State, they always seem to give OSU fits and or OSU plays like absolute trash in that game.

6-0 heading in to another hostile environment at Penn State. I am not expecting this one to be as close to what the Wisconsin game was, but I would not be shocked if we saw OSU struggle early on once again.

Coaches poll is out and not a single change among the top 10 haha. OSU is #2, Nebraska is #9 and Wisconsin is #10

So with that, lets get to some picks for next week

#1 Alabama vs #6 Texas A&M (This is a legit pick here, not just trolling Lauren. I think it's 31-24 TAMU)

#2 Ohio State vs Penn State (Close to start but talent takes over and separates)

#17 Arkansas vs #24 Auburn

Upset Special: UCLA over #18 Utah

Herbie talks out of his ass a lot. There's a reason he's not very welcomed here in Columbus and from what I have read, he's not welcomed at Ohio State by the coaches. Not sure if true or just "reports" but usually where there is smoke, there is fire.

Bama is good, but they aren't close to even being the best team Bama has fielded in the last 5-6 years in my opinion.

Coaches poll is out and not a single change among the top 10 haha. OSU is #2, Nebraska is #9 and Wisconsin is #10

So with that, lets get to some picks for next week

#1 Alabama vs #6 Texas A&M (This is a legit pick here, not just trolling Lauren. I think it's 31-24 TAMU)

#2 Ohio State vs Penn State (Close to start but talent takes over and separates)

#17 Arkansas vs #24 Auburn

Upset Special: UCLA over #18 Utah

I will take Bama over A@M. Should be their toughest team to play so far, but I think they have them covered. However, it doesn't matter what any of us think. They play the game for a reason.

Clemson should have lost yesterday and Ohio St got lucky. They finally played a decent squad and exposed how weak Ohio St really is. It's to bad Wisconsin can't play a full 60 min game let alone overtime. They looked gassed after the touchdown drive in the fourth. No way Ohio St can match up against Michigan let alone Bama. Bamas D will shut them down. Right now I don't think anybody can match up with Bama in any phase of the game. Bamas offense is scary good and Hurts is a monster. They are only getting better each game.

What is your basis from this statement? Wisconsin > Tennessee and playing at Camp Randall at night is one of if not the toughest place to play in the country. Alabama would struggle mightily playing there at night and they would potentially lose just like Ohio State. You have no substance to your statements and you just come off as ignorant. Alabama has looked good, but to say Ohio State is "weak" after they just beat a top 10 team on the road at night is just plain stupid.

What is your basis from this statement? Wisconsin > Tennessee and playing at Camp Randall at night is one of if not the toughest place to play in the country. Alabama would struggle mightily playing there at night and they would potentially lose just like Ohio State. You have no substance to your statements and you just come off as ignorant. Alabama has looked good, but to say Ohio State is "weak" after they just beat a top 10 team on the road at night is just plain stupid.

What is your basis for determining Wisconsin is better then Tennessee? Both programs have two losses and those two losses happen to be to the top two teams in their respected divisions.

I've looked at a few sites just not with regards to to toughest stadiums. Camp Randall only shows up in one persons opinions versus the 4 other sites that doesn't list it.

Listen past couple of weeks Ohio State has looked flat on offense and defense. Gonreread this thread and see what people were posting during games. The passing game is pretty much non existent currently. Noah brown is a threat in the end zone for sure and Wilson has got a couple of bombs but over all it's just not there. JT is carrying this team right now.

I will say this about Bama and Osu. Each team is one bad play away from big trouble. Jt is taking a lot of hits right now and Hurts is as well with how much both teams are running them. One bad play and I have no faith in cooper Bateman and not even sure who your back up is right now. This isn't 2014 where Cardale can pop in to a high power offense that works in all phases. Any of you worried about this?

Wisconsin didn't almost lose to Appalachian State and didn't require a hail mary to win another game. That is the difference between them and Tennessee..

The offense looks like shit since Oklahoma, I don't think anyone will argue that. However, how good of a team are you, when the offense is struggling and you still manage to hang 58, 38 and 30 respectively. I am tired of seeing JT carry the ball, I can tell you that much. I have seen two qb's go down under Urban here at OSU from them carrying the ball too many damn times (Braxton and JT). 47 carries the last 2 games for JT is about 20 times too many! Give the ball to the running backs and let them do their job.

The WR's need to be set in stone as Brown, Wilson and Samuel. The other WR's have looked like shit and I honestly do not think JT trust them. They are young and the inexperience is beginning to really show the further in to the season they get. As the competition begins to get tougher, the WR's have looked worse and worse. Even against Oklahoma, the only person who did anything was Brown. He has been a ghost since then really, 7 catches in the last 3 games (yes he did score in the Wisconsin game, but otherwise non factor).

Ohio State is going to need someone to step up and be a legit WR outside of the above names mentioned. I think they have enough right now to get through the regular season, it's the playoff that worries me a little. With that said, lets get to the strong suit of this team, the defense.

If you think the defense looks flat I think you are crazy. You take away the 1 long run by Wisconsins running back, which should've been a fumble and they have what? 96 yards rushing? The secondary is one of the most ball hawking groups I have ever watched. In almost every game OSU plays, you almost expect them to grab a few INT's and return one to the house.

Looking at the stats, Ohio State has given up 4 less touchdowns on defense than might Bama. They are also only giving up 4 more yards per game than Bama. I don't think the defense is the issue with Ohio State, in fact I would venture to say the defense is the reason OSU is undefeated at this point.

The only legit win Bama has thus far and I say that very loosely, is Arkansas and I would pick Wisconsin to beat Arkansas this year.

As for your boy Hurts, JT is on par or better than him in every category while playing 1 less game LOL

Hurts/Barrett:

Yards- 1385/1207

CMP %- 63.5/63.2

TD- 9/16

INT- 3/4

Rushing:

Yards- 428/434

TD's- 8/6

I hate running quarterbacks, why even have a damn running back at that point? I hate when OSU puts Samuel in the wildcat and puts Barrett out at WR, everyone knows you aren't throwing the damn ball. You might as well bring in a second TE and just have an extra blocker.

In my opinion, OSU is in the same position they were early last year, trying to figure out their identity. Once they got it sorted out and knew who they were, they were awesome. Hopefully, they figure it out quickly and don't lose a game in the process, which I don't see happening honestly. I don't think they lose a game the rest of the year in the B10, even against Michigan. I think JT goes for 300 in that game and OSU wins pretty easily.

I think Dontre is the best receiving weapon on the team and needs to be used a TON more. I don't think there are very many Nickel backs that can cover him 1 on 1 coming out of the slot, and I know for sure there aren't any LB in the country that could cover him, just way too sharp and quick. Samuel is a good weapon, but he isn't a #1 guy. I think KJ Hill is really good, but he is working his way back from an ankle injury. I think the starting 3 receivers should be Brown, Wilson and Hill. I think Wilson should be used in the passing game before Samuel, meaning he always stays on the field and Brown, Hill, or Baugh come off for Samuel.

I hate running quarterbacks, why even have a damn running back at that point? I hate when OSU puts Samuel in the wildcat and puts Barrett out at WR, everyone knows you aren't throwing the damn ball. You might as well bring in a second TE and just have an extra blocker.

In my opinion, OSU is in the same position they were early last year, trying to figure out their identity. Once they got it sorted out and knew who they were, they were awesome. Hopefully, they figure it out quickly and don't lose a game in the process, which I don't see happening honestly. I don't think they lose a game the rest of the year in the B10, even against Michigan. I think JT goes for 300 in that game and OSU wins pretty easily.

Urban runs the QB because in college you gain a numbers advantage with superior athletes. You spread out the defense, then use your RB as a blocker and you have 7 on 6 or 8 on 7

What is your basis for determining Wisconsin is better then Tennessee? Both programs have two losses and those two losses happen to be to the top two teams in their respected divisions.

I've looked at a few sites just not with regards to to toughest stadiums. Camp Randall only shows up in one persons opinions versus the 4 other sites that doesn't list it.

Listen past couple of weeks Ohio State has looked flat on offense and defense. Gonreread this thread and see what people were posting during games. The passing game is pretty much non existent currently. Noah brown is a threat in the end zone for sure and Wilson has got a couple of bombs but over all it's just not there. JT is carrying this team right now.

I will say this about Bama and Osu. Each team is one bad play away from big trouble. Jt is taking a lot of hits right now and Hurts is as well with how much both teams are running them. One bad play and I have no faith in cooper Bateman and not even sure who your back up is right now. This isn't 2014 where Cardale can pop in to a high power offense that works in all phases. Any of you worried about this?

Wisconsin was tied late into the 4th quarter @Michigan who you regard as a great football team. So Wisconsin lost by a TD to two top 3 teams where as Ole Miss lost to a team (Florida State) who got DESTROYED by Louisville by like 50 points.

Did you even watch the game? Did you hear how loud it was there???

We don't have Cardale but Joe Burrow is a more than serviceable backup and I honestly think he is a better passer than Barrett. He isn't quite as good on the ground as Barrett but he can still move. I honestly wouldn't be concerned if Burrow was playing especially the way Barrett is passing right now. I honestly think he might be somewhat hurt but that information isn't getting out because they don't want the distraction of another controversy.

I think Alabama is above Ohio State right now, but on the field anything can happen. I thought Alabama was better than us in 2014 and we saw how that went. All we can hope is that they meet this year in the playoff and hopefully it's the National Championship with everything on the line. I think it could potentially be one of the greatest National Championship games ever. Two GOAT coaches and programs squaring off again.

All Cardale could do that JT couldn't was throw the ball a really long way.

Again, I think that was the perfect storm that propelled Ohio State on their championship run in 2014 - all of a sudden you had a team with a QB with a cannon of an arm just launching balls down the field, which softened the defense and allowed our very talented RB run wild. Teams had no film on Cardale, had no idea really what to expect, and by that point it was too late.

BTW, I just saw that Ole Miss is still ranked #23 in the AP Poll.

QUALITY SEC LOSSES BRO QUALITY

Seriously, this always happens about this time of the year - just throw all SEC teams into the top 25 somewhere. Oh you lost? Well, it was to a top 25 team so we will just keep you somewhere in the polls. Oh you won? That's because you're a world beater so let's rocket you up these polls right quick. Rinse and repeat

Slightly off-topic but how about Zeke? Dude is just straight beasting on teams right now. Green Bay had averaged allowing 50 rush yards per game and he lit them up for 156 yards. He's far and away the leader in rushing yards and he's on pace to have almost 1900 yards rushing this season along with about 300 yards receiving. Here is a comparison between Elliot's projected stats thus far and Adrian Peterson's far and away best season in 2012...

Elliot: 1875 rush yards 5.1 average 13 TDs/ 261 receiving yards Total Yards: 2136

Peterson: 2097 rushing yards 6.0 average 12 TDs/ 217 receiving yards Total Yards: 2314

I know there are still a lot of games left to be played, but if Elliot stays on this path, it will possibly be the greatest rookie season ever. He's only 21 years old.