Anybody have a whole car painted?

Cordell

I'm thinking that I want my Corvette to look showroom fresh or better, not that it looks horrible but there are some big flaws that bug me and I'm positive those area would require paint to look correct. However doing the whole car seems like a better option to fix many things.

So has anyone done this in the last few years, I'm trying to guesstimate roughly what it would cost and where I would go.

Paint always depends on the quality you want, you can paint a whole car for $500 or spend 10k or more

It varies so much with quality of paint used, body work needing done, what you want removed it left on the car, wet sanding and cutting so many factors. Your absolute best bet is to sit down with say Kevin and the car and fully explain what you have and what you want it to be when it is done and he will be able to explain the options to meet your needs and budget.

So does anyone have any contacts other then Kevin Clifford? I mean I like the guy but he doesn't seem too interested in painting cars.

If you would like pm me and I can get you in contact with a painter , not a sponsor here so I don't mention them

Well he is damned good at it....probably just the shear amount of labor after said painting that sucks. Hes a busy dude.

CSN Motorsports up in Plain City was fantastic. I always recommend them, but they were $1200 to replace and paint a door when I was there....cant imagine a whole car.

This won't end well without way too much invested. Chances are high that you'll be trading imperfections, and simply be bugged by new stuff. Especially if you're not paying damn near what your car is worth for the job.

Charlie at CSN is the best in the city, that's why he has the client base he has. You name the super car or uber rich person in central Ohio, if it needs paint/body work done that's where it goes.

The vast majority of our business goes to Taylor Auto Body, good honest group of guys that do an excellent job. Certainly not the cheapest out there but you'll be very happy with the finished product.

http://taylorcollision.com/

Let Allen or Nick know Austin sent you

This won't end well without way too much invested. Chances are high that you'll be trading imperfections, and simply be bugged by new stuff. Especially if you're not paying damn near what your car is worth for the job.

This is kind of how I was thinking. With the chance for imperfections likely, I may do it myself like I do everything for this reason. I can always keep doing it until I'm happy or trade the damn thing in.

Is the paint actually that bad or do you think a high end detail might fix it? Might be cheaper to pay $500 in a massive overhaul/paint correction/detail than to have it re-painted.

I had my bumper and hood repainted on my Regal a few years back. This past year and last year I noticed a LOTT more paint chips on the hood than the previous 10 years the stock paint had. I'm assuming the paint Clifford used is a softer? paint and more prone to chipping.

Is the paint actually that bad or do you think a high end detail might fix it? Might be cheaper to pay $500 in a massive overhaul/paint correction/detail than to have it re-painted.

I had my bumper and hood repainted on my Regal a few years back. This past year and last year I noticed a LOTT more paint chips on the hood than the previous 10 years the stock paint had. I'm assuming the paint Clifford used is a softer? paint and more prone to chipping.

I don't think a broken fender and deep scratches can be buffed out. It also needs a new mirror that will need painted. I certainly don't want a mismatched finish on this type of car and since it will need big touch ups on multiple panels to look good I would rather paint the whole car.

I had over $2000 in paint and materials when my vette was painted a couple years ago. This was the top of the DuPont line. Painting fiberglass/plastic is a bit more challenging than steel. I agree with your ability you may want to look into doing it yourself. It is not hard just takes space and time. Edited by RS69

There are only a few shops I would trust since I have seen almost all of the reputable shops in Franklin County. There is also extremely good private combo guys that do things on their own but they will take a while to get it completed since they have a full time job.

You obviously want quality so I would only recommend a few people since I have know of the painters and the quality they produce.

Is time a factor?