College Football Thread 2016/2017 v2.0

Zx2guy19

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USC. Destroyed them.

LSU, auburn and Florida all have top defenses but down offenses. We will find out how they play this bowl season and against other p5 teams.

A&M was a dominant team when Bama played them but after the Bama loss they faltered. Kinda imploded but still a decent team. I would take A&M over Any big ten west team.

Just because the sec was kinda down the athletes Bama played against all year were top notch. It's not like Bama played 13 games against FCS and high school teams.

Texas A&M would beat Wisconsin? :dumb:

There is only two bowl games between B1G and SEC on the schedule with the possibility of a NCG which would make 3 then. Florida will beat Iowa and Tenneessee will be Nebraska.

For how "Down" the sec is , I still think it has a better bowl record then the big ten. Any takers on that bet?

The B1G also has the hardest bowl schedule by far so that's not even a fair comparison. I think Iowa will beat Florida though. The SEC gets away with not playing any of the actual power houses in the B1G except possibly Ohio State in the NCG. If your 2nd, 3rd and 4th best teams in the SEC had to play the B1G's 2nd, 3rd and 4th best teams the B1G would clean house.

There is only two bowl games between B1G and SEC on the schedule with the possibility of a NCG which would make 3 then. Florida will beat Iowa and Tenneessee will be Nebraska.

For how "Down" the sec is , I still think it has a better bowl record then the big ten. Any takers on that bet?

I mean, our top 4 are all playing NY bowls (the Outback Bowl is not a true New Years bowl no matter how bad you want it to be). The Florida vs. Iowa matchup is pretty lopsided, seeing as it's SEC#2 vs B1G#5/6. Furthermore, both of these are home games for the SEC :lolguy: But don't get mad when Nebraska trounces Tennessee by 14. I'll give you Florida over Iowa though.

You're an idiot if you think these 2 games represent the SEC being on par with the B1G. Play it evenly, bowl-eligible B1G #1 vs SEC #1, B1G #2 vs SEC #2, etc., and we'd take the series no questions asked. Bama/OSU would be close, but you're fucking guessing if you think Florida, LSU, and Auburn would even come close to touching Michigan, Penn State and Wisconsin.

Wisconsin is over rated and Nebraska is junk. Nebraskan claim to fame was beating a terrible Oregon team in week 3. That's it. They have done nothing else since then.

Wisconsin has a good defense front and good running backs. Their secondary is trash hence the PennST come back. They didn't knock Down or intercept any of those 50/50 deep balls. Their qb is garbage and they rely on the running game. Put the. Against a auburn or Florida defense who is top at rushing defense and it's a no brainer.

Ohio st is by far the best and most complete team in the big ten. Michigan has a stout defense but pretty lack luster on offense. Stop their run game and cut off the te's and they are average at best. PennST certainly has a good defense and a good deep ball game. I would see them causing plenty of sec schools issues in a bowl game.

Wisconsin is over rated and Nebraska is junk. Nebraskan claim to fame was beating a terrible Oregon team in week 3. That's it. They have done nothing else since then.

Kind of like Bama beating a trbl USC early and not beating a single top ten team since?

This I agree with. To the tune of all of them save 'Bama.

The problem is, geeto at least uses logic you can tie back to if you stretch. This homer is lost...

Bingo was his name-o.

Translation: Nobody.

Week 1 - USC Trojans - #9 now, garbage then.

Week 2 - Western KY Hilltoppers - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Week 3 - Ole Miss Rebels - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Week 4 - Kent State Golden Flashes - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Week 5 - Kentucky Wildcats - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Week 6 - Arkansas Razorbacks - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Week 7 - Tennessee Volunteers - #21

Week 8 - Texas A&M - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Week 9 - Bye - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Week 10 - LSU - #20

Week 11 - Mississippi State Bulldogs - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Week 12 - Chattanooga Mocs - :wtf:FCS team

Week 13 - Auburn Tigers - #14

Week 14 - Florida Gators - #17

Congrats on your super tough schedule.

Ohio State, in comparison:

Week 1 - Bowling Green Falcons - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Week 2 - Tulsa Golden Hurricane - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Week 3 - Oklahoma Sooners - #7

Week 4 - Bye

Week 5 - Rutgers Scarlet Knights - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Week 6 - Indiana Hoosiers - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Week 7 - Wisconsin Badgers - #8

Week 8 - Penn State Nittany Lions - #5

Week 9 - Northwestern Wildcats - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Week 10 - Nebraska Cornhuskers - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (Note: same record as USC and played in a far superior conference)

Week 11 - Maryland Terps - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Week 12 - MSU Spartans - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Week 13 - TTUN - #6

#9, 21, 20, 14, and 17 for the conf champ compared to #7, #8, #5, and #6. End of the year rankings. Don't get me started on how tOSU played 4 top ten teams at time of play and 'Bama played zero.

But please, tell us more about how awful 'Bama's schedule was and how dominate Hurts has been against amazing teams. :lolguy:

Why no response to this Lauren?

Looks like Fickell to Cincinnati is happening.

I think this is a huge blow for OSU honestly. The dude is a great recruiter and coach. As I said in my previous post it's looking like a mass exodus of coaches from OSU. It'll be interesting to see who Meyer brings in as their replacements and how well they do here.

I think this is a huge blow for OSU honestly. The dude is a great recruiter and coach. As I said in my previous post it's looking like a mass exodus of coaches from OSU. It'll be interesting to see who Meyer brings in as their replacements and how well they do here.

Yeah... I sure as hell wouldn't mind if our entire offensive staff got cut, but our defense has been stout since Tressel and beyond. Fickell absolutely deserves his share of credit for that. We've had absolutely phenomenal linebackers, and he's absolutely had a hand in that. Wish him luck, but damn this sucks for OSU.

It's a blow for OSU losing Fickell and possibly Schiano, but this is Ohio State. You want good assistants? Guess what, they're going to leave for a HC opportunity eventually if they are successful here which is what we want. I trust Urban will continue to make good moves and get solid assistants to fill any gaps. He has done a good job to this point with the exception of Tim "Terrible" Beck.

Bleacher Report stating Fickell has been hired at Cincy, will become official tomorrow...

Also stating he will be taking Coombs with him to be the D-Coordinator. Cincy in my opinion instantly became better. Coombs and Fickell can both recruit their asses off and Coombs is a legend in the Cincy area.

Fickell officially took UC job.

Sounds like Coombs is being promoted to Co-DC at OSU.

Fickell hired my top choice for LB coach at UC, Marcus Freeman

Lane Kiffin took FAU job, LOOOOOOOOOOL

Why in gods name would Lane take that job. What a moron. He should have stayed another year (but word on the street is Saban wanted him gone) or gone to LSU for a year and waited for a more prime job to open up.

Yeah, but then vouched that he had matured into head coach material. :dumb: