My Winter Project - 1991 Honda Beat

Exodus

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool car. K-series swap?

I think if I did a swap it would be further down the road. I can't remember if kswaps have mount kits or Busa swaps do. I think a kswap would be terrifying in this thing.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Saw this for sale. The place has a GTR that has peeked my interest!

I have to ask, was it worth what they are asking? I would have had a hard time leaving in the Beat with some of the cars they ahve sitting on their lot

As far as I know this car wasn't listed for sale when I inquired about a beat... I'm not sure what lot you're referencing.

The guy had a DA5 integra and an R32 skyline that I saw.

As far as I know this car wasn't listed for sale when I inquired about a beat... I'm not sure what lot you're referencing.

The guy had a DA5 integra and an R32 skyline that I saw.

Im using GTR as a blanket reference to any Nissan R-thirtyanything.

I asume this was your car?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=687476124751263&set=a.367596686739210.1073741827.100004666457937&type=3&theater

Im using GTR as a blanket reference to any Nissan R-thirtyanything.

I asume this was your car?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=687476124751263&set=a.367596686739210.1073741827.100004666457937&type=3&theater

Sure is. Didn't know it was listed. Really great guy I bought from. He's headed back to Japan in Jan and is bringing home some containers of cars and parts. Hope to have some stuff brought back for the beat.

You drove a 64hp kei car that is smaller than an original Mini Cooper 7 hours on the interstate next to giant ass 18 wheelers? You sir have balls that clank.

Beats are really neat cars, I think mugen did a tuner version and had parts for them years ago, no idea what's still available.

It isn't as scary as you think. I owned a early 90s geo metro hatchback in high school. At least once a month I drove from columbus to canton trading places with semis. They would always pass me going up a hill and opposite going down a hill.

OP nice pickup. I have a soft spot for 3cyl cars. I can't wait on you future updates :)

It isn't as scary as you think. I owned a early 90s geo metro hatchback in high school. At least once a month I drove from columbus to canton trading places with semis. They would always pass me going up a hill and opposite going down a hill.

It's funny, I have thousands upon thousands of motorcycle riding miles on a highway around the big trucks, but tiny tin can cars make me a little nervous. I guess it is that at least with a motorcycle you have a lot more room to move if someone is being stupid and enough power to throttle out of situations. In a tiny car you usually don't have either. when I ride I'm always looking for an exit to a potential bad situation, when I am in the car, if I think about it at all it is just about which side of my face I want the airbag to hit. Also the thought of being trapped in something reall small that just got smaller is unappealing.

Anyway, Let's get back to talking about how awesome a honda beat in Cbus is.

Are you going to bring it to CCC?

It's funny, I have thousands upon thousands of motorcycle riding miles on a highway around the big trucks, but tiny tin can cars make me a little nervous. I guess it is that at least with a motorcycle you have a lot more room to move if someone is being stupid and enough power to throttle out of situations. In a tiny car you usually don't have either. when I ride I'm always looking for an exit to a potential bad situation, when I am in the car, if I think about it at all it is just about which side of my face I want the airbag to hit. Also the thought of being trapped in something reall small that just got smaller is unappealing.

Anyway, Let's get back to talking about how awesome a honda beat in Cbus is.

Are you going to bring it to CCC?

I understand the motorcycle mentality. I feel the same way when I ride. Easy exits next to semi's. In this thing there it's no power haha.

I'll stop by CCC this sat if it's still at lennox. I live around the block.

Are you going to replace the seats?

I've seen Kerry in a Miata (top down)...I'd love to see him get into a Beat. [emoji38]

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rjWdqlvHzvg/UGszlchqUBI/AAAAAAAAAIA/RR6sZVhZKWo/s1600/FL045.jpg

635941061174137290-678972396_tumblr_lghb43cGbP1qakrdzo1_500.gif

I had thought about swapping in del sol seats as I think they would fit perfectly but I sort of like this zebra print. Ha.

Agree with most the comments on the 4um. Like adding some new wheels (Ditch the steelies) and also like the PDR guy.. Have heard really good things about him and need to get the Z4MR up there in the Spring to fix a dumbass move on my part.

Very cool and some of the interior pics remind me of the 1st Gen Miatas.

• 1 month later...
I forgot about it until this thread got bumped, but I think I saw this car in the Marconi garage downtown a month ago or more. I actually turned into the "empty' parking spot, only to find it deep in there lol. Super tiny.