Need a Fun Car

BStowers023

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the 2.7 just like any other make sure check any leaks and when the belt and water pump was changed, also check for sludge. Otherwise they handle good and can be modded easily. Your BMW option for the price and performance you want would be say a 335 and then the "bulky" will be depending on what you by coupe vs sedan but all s4 are smaller sedans so I don't feel they handle bulky

Motorbike

This, but it doesn't necessarily mean "sport bike". $15K can net you a new thruxton R or the ducati monster 1200, both are great bikes and much easier to ride than a full racer tuck, 9 second 1/4 mile, zx-10r. Heck you could buy a used bike and still have some left over for a crap can DD that you can use when it's raining/snowing.

Or, instead of DD'ing a 12 second car, what about buying a miata and just going full on auto-X?

didn't see the 04-06 GTO on your list - maybe one of those? they can be found for below $15K.

On the 2.7 just like any other make sure check any leaks and when the belt and water pump was changed, also check for sludge. Otherwise they handle good and can be modded easily. Your BMW option for the price and performance you want would be say a 335 and then the "bulky" will be depending on what you by coupe vs sedan but all s4 are smaller sedans so I don't feel they handle bulky

I'll look into the S4's some more. I like the 135i the most though because they're very compact and can make 350+whp cheap.

The 335 diesel is a less obvious but killer choice and moddable.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-2011-BMW-3-Series-335d-t37380#listing=154438183

I don't know much about diesels but I do know they last a long time lol. Would maybe consider it, but I'd probably be the dumbass that fills the tank with gas on my way home from the dealer :lolguy:

This, but it doesn't necessarily mean "sport bike". $15K can net you a new thruxton R or the ducati monster 1200, both are great bikes and much easier to ride than a full racer tuck, 9 second 1/4 mile, zx-10r. Heck you could buy a used bike and still have some left over for a crap can DD that you can use when it's raining/snowing.

Or, instead of DD'ing a 12 second car, what about buying a miata and just going full on auto-X?

didn't see the 04-06 GTO on your list - maybe one of those? they can be found for below $15K.

I already have a motorcycle. I actually want to sell it. I enjoy riding it, but I'm trying to stay living in the city and honestly, I just don't trust people enough. I barely ever rode my bike this summer/fall because I currently live in Dublin and all of the foreign assholes that can't drive scare the shit out of me.

I already have a motorcycle. I actually want to sell it. I enjoy riding it, but I'm trying to stay living in the city and honestly, I just don't trust people enough. I barely ever rode my bike this summer/fall because I currently live in Dublin and all of the foreign assholes that can't drive scare the shit out of me.

You could just have the wrong bike. The right bike will inspire confidence, the wrong one will feel like it's constantly putting you in peril. It sounds strange and somewhat patronizing but really it's not - the wrong bike can just mean a lot more work for you to stay safe. What bike do you have currently?

If you are thinking S4 why not Mustang - similar size overall

I have never been a fan of Mustangs unless it was one of the 1st generation Mustangs... Even then, there are other muscle cars I'd choose before that.

You could just have the wrong bike. The right bike will inspire confidence, the wrong one will feel like it's constantly putting you in peril. It sounds strange and somewhat patronizing but really it's not - the wrong bike can just mean a lot more work for you to stay safe. What bike do you have currently?

It's a little Kawasaki 440cc cut and made into a bobber. Not fast by any means, pretty small bike. I like riding the bike but I honestly would rather have a fast/fun car. Just a personal preference with safety aside.

C5

or GTO if you want a back seat

or CTS-V if you want 4 doors

/thread

Personally I would look for an LS swapped 3rd gen Camaro, but I'm weird like that

A c5 is definitely high on my list...

2002 s2000 with 90k miles rebuilt title with oem ap1 wheels

9k cash

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c321/minyskater/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsgsy8ki9z.jpeg

Might consider checking it out. I've always liked s2000's

Ugh

An LS is a wise choice. CTSV, TBSs, or a GTO would all be wise choices.

CTS-V is probably the only one of those I'd consider

I've been talking with him. Seems like a hell of a deal.

Just buy a Vette....you know you want one....hell I want one. There is a daily driven C6 yellow one near me, I see it morning and night every damn day. That guy is doing it right.

A corvette is almost always a good choice. You guys are slowly talking me into it. Although I shouldn't need talked into it lol

Let me kno. My brother has a black one with 100k and a new top for 9k as well. Fun cars.

Will do!

Ive got a 2000 S4, 119k. Timing belt, waterpump, and valve cover gaskets all done. Its an auto but im about to put it for sale.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I think I'd rather have a manual. An auto 2000 S4 wouldn't be much different than my auto Acura TL. Thanks though

Ive had my WRX wagon for about two years and I still really enjoy it. Its the 2014 hatchback, basic bolt on car (turbo back exhaust/intake/cobb tune/lowering springs/wheels&tires). Its not the fastest car out there by any means, but I have had a fun time in it for daily stuff, and the hatch has been super usable/handy. Lots of space inside when you fold down the rear seats, and comfortable seats to me. Be prepared to pay a bit extra for a hatch though if you want it because they seem to keep a higher value since they don't offer a new WRX with a hatch.

I haven't had any engine issues (ringlands) like others have, but I also keep up on oil changes and don't get on it till it warms up and don't get on it and shut it off immediately,maybe I'm just lucky. I find them easier to work on, but parts can be a bit $$ depending on what part it is.

Ive had my WRX wagon for about two years and I still really enjoy it. Its the 2014 hatchback, basic bolt on car (turbo back exhaust/intake/cobb tune/lowering springs/wheels&tires). Its not the fastest car out there by any means, but I have had a fun time in it for daily stuff, and the hatch has been super usable/handy. Lots of space inside when you fold down the rear seats, and comfortable seats to me. Be prepared to pay a bit extra for a hatch though if you want it because they seem to keep a higher value since they don't offer a new WRX with a hatch.

I haven't had any engine issues (ringlands) like others have, but I also keep up on oil changes and don't get on it till it warms up and don't get on it and shut it off immediately,maybe I'm just lucky. I find them easier to work on, but parts can be a bit $$ depending on what part it is.

Good info to keep in mind. I really like the new WRX hatchbacks, particularly the STI's but they are a little out of what I'm wanting to spend right now. The main reason why I want to keep it under $15k is to keep my payments low and debt low because I'd like to buy a house within the next year or two.