New Here

TheManInDboX

Joined as i am into cars, but have slipped away from buying exciting cars for the time being.. I have had anything from Turbo Civic's to All motor Corolla's, Fox bodies, S281's, Vans, trucks, and nearly everything in between.. I am currently driving a camry SE with a 15in Solo baric in the trunk and a 1500x1 Amp. I plan on a summer project building a Block up 5.0 HO engine, and hopefully the following summer i figure out what i want to put it in.. After all the mustangs, i really am leaning more toward a sleeper crown-vic or a Super Ranger build.. At any rate, i am in the hilliard area..

Joined as i am into cars, but have slipped away from buying exciting cars for the time being.. I have had anything from Turbo Civic's to All motor Corolla's, Fox bodies, S281's, Vans, trucks, and nearly everything in between.. I am currently driving a camry SE with a 15in Solo baric in the trunk and a 1500x1 Amp. I plan on a summer project building a Block up 5.0 HO engine, and hopefully the following summer i figure out what i want to put it in.. After all the mustangs, i really am leaning more toward a sleeper crown-vic or a Super Ranger build.. At any rate, i am in the hilliard area..

I understand 57% of this post. Welcome. You'll fit in here.

I'm liking this guy...

...and not because of his old junk pictures. :masturboy:

Did he seriously have a rat rod Sienna with whitewalls? Or is Rymer screwing with mah emotions?

It was the "Jap-Rod"

I purchased it in 2009 with 130K miles on the clock, and it was backed into by a truck.. The entire front end was crushed.. I ended up replacing the radiator, core support, upper and lower rad hose, front bumper, lights, grill, bumper cover.. Issue was after replacing all of that, it was nearly 5 different colors... Went to an army navy surplus shop, and purchased about 2 gallons of what i was told stealth bomber flat black paint.. was about as thick as glue.. cut it with acetone and used a wagner paint spray guy you would use on a deck.. after about 2 days for sanding, and primer, followed by filling in dents, and then priming again.. I painted the entire van 3 coats with the military paint.. never scratched again.. The wheels were all scuffed and also a variety of colors.. purchased a set of used BFGoodwrich radial T/A tires, used a Hub with homemade axel and a drill on a press... and shaved the tires down on the white letter side down to full on white walls.. painted the wheels with header paint, cherry red.. and had the used tires mounted on the wheel.. the image i have is up here, by rymer... (Co-Worker) the image i can't find, is after i heated the springs up and slammed it to the ground. Actually traded in that van at The Honda Dealer over on Sawmill about 4 years, ago.. so it is possibly still around the Columbus area... Hey if you are going to drive a mini-van.. why not a JDM Rat-Rod?

Welcome. Sounds like you need some new toys, a Camry with a subwoofer is not fun at all unless it's your Mom's car and you you put the sub in just to troll her.

It's a little bigger than what i would use to troll a "mom" car.. lol..

It's a daily driver, not really my first choice but i needed something reliable to get back and forth to work in.. I honestly wanted a Challenger, or another Mustang.. But responsibility sucks ass..

The System in the camry is;

Solo-baric Classic 15in at 1ohm

The Amp is a competition 1500.1 Monoblock

Wiring is gold plated copper wire (no aluminum crap)

The Interior speakers are JL Audio components

The Deck is stock..

The Interior door speakers are on an older Sony Xplode 4 channel wired to 1.5ohm.

I run about 1/4 the gains on the sub as i am worried it will break the back window if i go louder..

Honestly though the full system was just parts i had laying around from the sienna "Jap-Rod" which had a total of 4 subs... 2 L712 Solobarics, 2 15in Classics, and 14 component speakers.. The rear windows of the van were reinforced during competitions, it ran a Toyota "Dolphin" alternator, and a Yellow-top with a 5farad cap.. Was good for nearly 3K watts of bass pounding power... Hardly a "let's piss off my mom" system..

I have had both fast and slow cars.. my favorites are still sleepers.. i mean don't get me wrong a blown mustang is fun.. but a swapped Scion XB, or a 2zz Swapped corolla with a gutted interior and tinted windows is more fun.. really only for the look on the guys face that thinks he has you until you until you get traction..

But alass i do agree.. i need a new toy..

You have my attention, please continue?

Owned a 1999 Corolla LE..

Which i purchased with a hydrolocked 1zzfe.. pulled the motor, and replaced it with a 2zzge out of a celica GTS, purchased a C56-04C 5 speed transmission, which has the LSD. The exhaust was a 3in pipe with a high flow flowmaster cat, back to a wagner muffler.. "no fart cans" the interior was gutted.. the car i believe was under water.. so the stank was not OK.. LOL.. Pulled the front seats from the same Celica GTS, black leather.. No carpet, no head-liner, no spare tire, no radio, no speakers.. anything that had weight was pulled from the car.. 180HP at the crank, and coming in just under 2k lbs is fun as all hell.. Clutch was a stage 2, with a lightened flywheel.. used the stock air-filter box, and some new plumbing to the engine, wrapped the intake manifold and air filter housing as well as the plumbing with "good-ole" asbestos header wrap.

Drove that car 312K miles after the swap.. Was hot in the summer with no AC, and cold in the winter for about a year until i was bothered to put the heater core back into it..

Was it as fast as the stangs? Nope.. was it as fast as the new anything.. probably not.. But with 14in wheels, toyota wheel covers, and 195/65/14's on it, with what looked like stock exhaust, and with the tinted glass so you couldn't see it was gutted.. it did embarrass plenty of civic drivers with their girlfriends in there cars.. And that my friend makes it worth it every-time..

It was the "Jap-Rod"

I purchased it in 2009 with 130K miles on the clock, and it was backed into by a truck.. The entire front end was crushed.. I ended up replacing the radiator, core support, upper and lower rad hose, front bumper, lights, grill, bumper cover.. Issue was after replacing all of that, it was nearly 5 different colors... Went to an army navy surplus shop, and purchased about 2 gallons of what i was told stealth bomber flat black paint.. was about as thick as glue.. cut it with acetone and used a wagner paint spray guy you would use on a deck.. after about 2 days for sanding, and primer, followed by filling in dents, and then priming again.. I painted the entire van 3 coats with the military paint.. never scratched again.. The wheels were all scuffed and also a variety of colors.. purchased a set of used BFGoodwrich radial T/A tires, used a Hub with homemade axel and a drill on a press... and shaved the tires down on the white letter side down to full on white walls.. painted the wheels with header paint, cherry red.. and had the used tires mounted on the wheel.. the image i have is up here, by rymer... (Co-Worker) the image i can't find, is after i heated the springs up and slammed it to the ground. Actually traded in that van at The Honda Dealer over on Sawmill about 4 years, ago.. so it is possibly still around the Columbus area... Hey if you are going to drive a mini-van.. why not a JDM Rat-Rod?

giphy.gif

-10 points for knowing rymer and joe...

FWD LOL, Camry LOL, Responsibility LOL

Get a mustang, they troll M3s pretty easily.

I have had a few..

two SVO 80's foxes.. a 5.0 80's fox convertible and a 2009 Roush 429R packaged one..

I honestly just want to start with the engine..

Once spring comes i will be starting to look for a 5.0 out of an explorer to purchase.. (want the GT40 or GT40P heads) and do a full build.. Once i have that done, than i will start to look for a donor to drop it in.. Still not sure i want another mustang.. honestly think i would like to swap it into a ranger.. figure the 8.8 should fit in it from the explorer, and with some minor welding and fabrication work, i should be able to get the engine and some mounts in a ranger body easy.. The issue i am having now, looking isn't the engines, i found a few local cheap.. but the Ranger Pickup bodies are all rusty.. I really don't want a rust pit that i have to spend months fixing.. that sucks..

giphy.gif

Thing is.. While it was "Cool" or at least i thought it was.. It wasn't finished.. My plans originally were to have a friend of mine do a mural on it.. they were going to originally do a black and white pin-up style woman up the side of it.. since to me it looked like a fuselage of a bomber.. than i was going to clear coat it.. but they never had the time to actually work on it.. so i ended up doing none of that.. really wish i had finished it though..

Hey it was a vision.. and it was different..

• Casper unlocked this topic