New to me. 2002 Yukon XL SLT

Benner

Don't know how many of you remember my "Looking for a Vehicl"e thread I posted a few months ago but I found me a winner.

2002 Yukon Xl SLT fully loaded 2wd. 181k and from a single owner. Picked it up for $2800 off Craigslist. Previous owner took awesome care of it. Has 2 manageable rust spots I plan on taking care of with tax return.

Only issues with it are intake gaskets (which I have) inner tie rod (already replaced and aligned), small tailshaft seal leak, and water pump seeping.

Put around 600 miles on it so far and yet to skip a beat.

Plans for it are mild drop maybe 2/3 or 3/4 inches some decent GM 18's or 20's and long tubes and tune. Just enough to wake it up a little but not kill gas even more.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj32/Formula98/My%20Cars/20161201_151514_zpsvvcr83oh.jpg

That's a nice Vehicl"e.

Why 2wd?

Anything else I was seeing in the price range 4wd was beat to hell. Plus I couldn't pass this one up with how clean and well maintained it was.

However it hasn't skipped a beat even with the ice we had a couple weeks ago. Still use a lot more caution with it in ice and snow but can't complain so far

Good job getting a 2WD...awesome plan to drop that beast...sure it'll handle a lot better and look the business.

Looking forward on some updated pics. Cant believe you can buy an SUV that awesome and modern for less than $3k. Let me know if you find anymore beasts like that (relatively rust free)

Good job getting a 2WD...awesome plan to drop that beast...sure it'll handle a lot better and look the business.

Looking forward on some updated pics. Cant believe you can buy an SUV that awesome and modern for less than $3k. Let me know if you find anymore beasts like that (relatively rust free)

Yeah I got lucky. It was garage kept. Most of the Yukons/Suburbans I was seeing under 5k were either 200k+ or rusted out with heavily worn interiors. Did find a couple denali's that were around 5k with 220k however the AWD system made me a little nervous at that mileage.