Tax return questions???

Benner

And that's a bad thing? Remember it's money everyone has earned - if you get a refund then the withholding is taking too much money from you.

Would you rather have your money monthly with which to invest, pay bills, and use for recreation? or would you rather have the government hold on to it interest free for a year and then give it back to you all at once at the same time as everyone so private sellers jack up their prices on goods knowing everyone be flush?

and yes I know the percentage goes up as income goes up...but that is why some people game the income tax bracket through deductions and filing status.

Not necessarily true, personally I'm all for lower income brackets getting back all of what they have put in throughout the year. (we are probably in the minority on here with that belief) but it's those that get back more then they put in I'm not thrilled with. My sister in law would make about 10, pay in 1-2 then get 6-7 back on her taxes. The only upside in my mind is that people in that category are guaranteed to put 100% of it right back into the local economy.

And that's a bad thing? Remember it's money everyone has earned - if you get a refund then the withholding is taking too much money from you.

Would you rather have your money monthly with which to invest, pay bills, and use for recreation? or would you rather have the government hold on to it interest free for a year and then give it back to you all at once at the same time as everyone so private sellers jack up their prices on goods knowing everyone be flush?

and yes I know the percentage goes up as income goes up...but that is why some people game the income tax bracket through deductions and filing status.

I'm not disciplined enough to set aside ~$30/wk (~$1500 return) to get myself $15 in interest on a savings account. I'd rather let em hold it and have that big payment once a year and forgo the $15 I'd earn on it.

I used to always use TurboTax, after I bought my house and my income jumped a bit I started doing itemized deductions and writing off part of my home for business since I work from home.

I found a CPA down here that does them for $75 and for the past 2 years she has gotten me no less than $500 more back than what TurboTax has told me when piping the info in there. It realistically costs me about the same amount after paying TurboTax for the federal and state filing.