Craigslist Freak-of-the-Day

Geeto67

Dude you'd spend 6 months just trying to figure out what fuckery he did. Cool concept, but execution would be really tough.

Yep. Better off buying a brand new kit for less, buying your own motor and trans and not taking on someone else's failed project for essentially the same cost. I don't know what that guy is thinking trying to sell that kit for almost what he has in it.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno, The new kit stuff is pretty great. This isn't like an old Fiberfab or Kelmark kit where everything is file to fit or modify to fit and requires some basic fabrication skills to ever finish. The new stuff goes together better than a revell model kit and you could just work through the manual and make sure he did things right - you can't really trush his work, but you can sort of trust that unless he was a ham fisted idiot the thing is put together pretty ok to this point.

The G50 porsche transaxle will run you $3500-$5K on it's own, so I think he has solid bones there with the 99 vette LS1 engine.

My problem is the price. Unfinished kit cars are worth half or less than the purchase price - so figure without the drivetrain pieces it's $12,500. Maybe the drive-train and ancillary pieces are worth say $10K that's still only $22,500. The potentially most expensive part of any kit, the paint, body work, and interior, is yet to be done and that's still another $7k-$15K for a pro job. At $45K you would be into it for what others spend on building a car from a brand new kit. It's awesome, it's just not a good price.

Someone's watched too much of Mighty Car Mods...

I bought a LeCar, hoping to convert it to a Renault Turbo5. Unfortunately, I ended up scrapping a hacked-up FWD french fry of a car with a whole lotta obscure bits from Europe that I paid too much to ship them to Ohio. I WISH I SAW THIS CL AD SOONER!!! :lol:

I'm not sure that car completed would be worth 8k.

Exactly.

What's it worth right now as it sits.....maybe $1500 if some desperate fanboy falls in love with it?

Seller would be better off parting it out

Custom 1958 Ford del Rio ranch wagon

https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/6165999218.html

01515_cmRABsaLJeH_600x450.jpg

Had a 434 cu. in it. Mid engine .chevy one ton rearend mark Williams axles..wildwood brakes. Ford truck front axle..51 chevy spindles..Chrysler rack. It's a neat old car. But it is a neat old 58 ford that was owned for 59 years by one owner."

wait....did he say mid-engined? and had as in no longer has?

• 2 weeks later...

freak in a good way:

https://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/6159296079.html

01414_bfgSY8NS7vV_600x450.jpg

2001 LS1 5.7 all aluminum engine, Brian Tooley Stage II Comp Cam, valve springs and push rods. Billet fuel rails, modified steam tubes, Taylor wires, heat wrapped headers, PSI Wiring harness and PCM.

* TKO 600, modified shift rails, Lakewood Quicktime steel bell housing, LS steel billet

*Flywheel, RAM Powergrip 11" hydraulic clutch, Tilton T/O bearing, Billet shifter and shift knob

*Air Ride Technologies suspension w/shutoff valves

*9" Ford rearend, 3.23 gears, 4 wheel disc brakes

* Lokar & Wilwood pedals & master cylinder

*Aluminum radiator with Moroso overflow

*Speedway Mustang II front end

*17 x 10.5 rear, 17 x 8 front American Racing Shelby wheels

*Sweet Power steering rack, with Afco billet tie rods

*G-Force 5 point racing harnesses

*Barrett DS Bomber seats

All this and the car gets great fuel mileage and has plenty of power. Nash-ty Nash is set up to run Autocross or you can drive it daily.

Odd combo, but I really like for some reason.

I know right....it's like you can almost smell the aquanet and pall malls of the past seeping through the monitor with every glance.

I love Zoomies, but man that's gotta be turrible-loud cruising down the highway.

eh...it's the kind of car that you paint heavy flake candy blue or gold, stripe the crap out of (or panel paint), chrome everything underneath, and it spends most of its run time coming off a trailer and into an indoor car show display where it sits with 5 mirrors underneath it surrounded by angel hair.

http://www.roddersjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Rodders-Journal-Issue-55-Angel-Hair-Indoor-Car-Shows.jpg

...wait....do they even have indoor car shows anymore? And can you still get angel hair?

How much do you guys think that Nash will go for?

I'll bite. Market is real soft at the moment, probably somewhere between $30K and $35K.