Craigslist Freak-of-the-Day

Geeto67

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Kerry was complaining about GM not making DOHC motors...here's a good example of one. However, the Jalopnik NPOCP article (where the CL link came from) said the GM DOHC's were high-maintenance...curious what common problems they experienced. This one looks to be in really good condition.

https://jalopnik.com/at-4-500-would-you-find-this-1991-chevy-lumina-z34-tr-1832722109

I'd love to see the RWL Goodyears on some Bassetts or Soft 8s...too bad about the FWD offset. Maybe some newer Monte Carlo SS wheels blacked out?

https://www.hubcaphaven.com/c/336/chevrolet_monte_carlo_wheels_rims.html

There were guys seeking these out to swap into Fiero's back in the day. Supposedly a few up to 300-325 HP N/A, and that was back in the 90's. They also had a more exotic sounding exhaust note.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

This is....interesting... :lol:

99 K2500 454 3/4 ton GMC Suburban - $3000

https://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/d/hilliard-99-k-ton-gmc-suburban/6817608442.html

I thought I had bought my dream truck. ZERO rust, all service records, always dealer serviced and repaired, owned by a doctor who used it to pull his race cars.

So clean underneath that you'd think it was built last week.

I drove it home and started absolutely POURING money into this piece of shit. EVERYTHING is brand new but the body and glass. I mean EVERYTHING. Now the motor is giving up. Will need rebuilt or replaced. Tires were 1200 bucks and don't have 500 miles on them. I am done. That said, DO NOT offer one penny less than 3,000. I have tens of thousands of dollars in this pile of weasel shit. It would be worth every fkn dime to me to just spend idle time with a surface grinder getting even. I don't need help selling it, might trade for a nice 1/2 ton pickup, or something else. But if you offer a trade, it will need to be worth more than 3,000.

Hopefully I've reiterated it enough but just for those that are thick of skull...do not offer less than 3,000. I will simply grind this fkn pile of shit to dust while cackling madly. However, it is absolutely rust free so some masochistic SOB may get his jollies by having this Godless hunk of crap dink him in the puckerhole for a while. Different strokes. I should point out that this thing starts right up and drives fine, it just popped a bunch of exhaust studs right after I bought new tires...pissing me off for the last time. I have new heads that go with it, I'm just not willing to mash another knuckle fucking with this pile of shit. If you want to put a top end on a 166k mile big block, knock yourself out. I quit.

Ok, so...do any of you know somebody who would read all that and then offer 500 bucks and get butthurt when I said to FUCK OFF? Well, HERE is "Captain Keyboard Balls" phone number... 740-605-7694

Give him a shout if you wish to experience HI-FI stupidity.

UPDATE: Captain Keyboard Balls is at it again, making threats then hiding behind his screen in his mom's basement when called out. Give him a shout today, he is really feeling butthurt and NEEDS your support ROTFLMFAO

Ok, after a steady parade of ILLITERATE FUCKS, I have decided I am not selling this thing. I am going to wait til the weather breaks, and grind it into dust for my own satisfaction. I am just leaving the ad up so some of you who CAN read and comprehend, can have a giggle.

This is....interesting... :lol:

99 K2500 454 3/4 ton GMC Suburban - $3000

https://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/d/hilliard-99-k-ton-gmc-suburban/6817608442.html

^ So, remember this guy? He's changed his ad a little.....

https://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/d/hilliard-99-k2500-suburban-454-4wd/6834028233.html

Let's try this again. I've replaced or rebuilt every stitch of this truck, poured at least 15 grand into it. Thought I had it all done, so I bought new Goodyear E loads. Then the exhaust studs started breaking. Then the brand new ignition wires got burned.

Needs new heads, which I have, but I don't feel like doing that much more work so I am willing to sell it for 3,000 dollars. NOT A PENNY LESS, and if you offer less you will NOT be buying it. Not even for the 3,000. In other words, if you are not willing to pay THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS, you are unable to buy this truck. Offering less eliminates you from further dialogue. I will walk away, and you will stand there feeling and looking stupid because this ad TOLD you before twice, and is telling you again, the price is only negotiable UPWARD. I apologize to the people who can read and comprehend for having to state this stuff repeatedly, and I have bad news for you in that group...the dumbasses have us outnumbered BADLY. 3,000 dollars is the BOTTOM DOLLAR. I do not need money. If you want to offer up a trade, feel free.

It runs and drives fine aside from horrific exhaust leak and missing some from the burned ignition wires, and literally everything is new. Please don't ask for a list. NOT new would be the body itself, glass, and interior. The hood took my wrath when I got fed up. The rest of the body is virtually rust free, but the bumpers acted as sacrificial anodes and are Swiss cheese. If you don't know what sacrificial anodes means, this is not the truck for you.

He really did a number on that hood.....

00s0s_cZeFzzUfyl4_600x450.jpg

I love 1990-1999 454 suburbans, but not enough to offer $3K for a broken one. I genuinely hope all of the internet keeps lowballing this guy until that throbbing vein in his temple bursts.

• 1 month later...

I used to see the ads for these in Kit Car magazine in the 90's, It was a kit for CJs and wranglers. I think it had been around since the '70's as the ads always looked low budget and xeroxed.

I mean, it's just a stock wrangler with the roll bar removed and fenders and flares, not really hard and certainly unique. It's also futt bucking ugly which....it hard to get around.

In the late 80's 4x4 hot rods used to be a thing, and you used to see guys at shows with old lifted CJ's with 1930's bodies mounted to them. It was kind of a cool blip of a trend that gave us Grave Digger

Edited by Geeto67

• 3 weeks later...