Craigslist Freak-of-the-Day

Geeto67

holy fuck that is funny

Boy howdy, are there lots of problems with this car. When I go online to Google fixes for this car, what boggles my mind is how numerous and widespread the issues are, and most incredulously, the sheer acceptance of all these issues plaguing Corvettes reminds me of how Audi fanboys insist that their cars are reliable even while the interiors of their cars are lit by the warm glow of check engine lights.

savage

Edited by Geeto67

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree, especially if he started with a couple parts and made something from nothing.

...but the end result is one ugly, off-proportioned rat rod that couldn't haul a candy bar in the "bed" without losing it in a turn at 20mph. :gay:

...but the end result is one ugly, off-proportioned rat rod that couldn't haul a candy bar in the "bed" without losing it in a turn at 20mph. :gay:

Clay, you've literally just described 99.485% of rat rods. :lol:

I still give props to anyone who can create something from nothing. Haters gonna hate.

SXT? Really? All that extra money into an SXT?

Don't forget it's used at 11k miles.

Says it's a v8 car so I assumed base RT, where do you see sxt? Also aren't sxt cars 6cyl?

Don't forget it's used at 11k miles.

Says it's a v8 car so I assumed base RT, where do you see sxt? Also aren't sxt cars 6cyl?

I went to the dealers page. It said SXT in the title of their ad.

If i'm not mistaken all SXT's are 6cyl.

outstanding:

https://lexington.craigslist.org/cto/6151500765.html

00N0N_bpFGWzXMRZ_600x450.jpg

00b0b_5uVNbvWAS70_600x450.jpg

I think this is the same car:

http://www.dailyturismo.com/2015/10/chevy-powered-1958-wartburg-311-camping.html

I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a wartburg of any kind, let alone a wagon. I think they rival Borgward for obscure german iron curtain era cars.

I dig this van. Makes me wish I was around when this was cool.

https://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/6152121989.html

When I was in high school, there was a yellow Chevy panel van a few miles from where I lived that had Cragars and "Mad Max"-style zoomie pipes coming out from under the van just in front of the rear wheels.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZOOMEIS-ZOOMIE-SIDE-PIPES-HEADERS-EXHAUST-HOT-ROD-RAT-ROD-VAN-FORD-CHEVY-/272657777418

It's that visual impression I had many years ago that still reminds me how much I love custom full-size vans.

I looked very seriously at building one years ago. Not a terrible price, the kit goes for $25k without shipping. $5k to cover all the drive train and suspension parts. I just can't imagine picking up where he left off after it's been sitting for so long.

I looked very seriously at building one years ago. Not a terrible price, the kit goes for $25k without shipping. $5k to cover all the drive train and suspension parts. I just can't imagine picking up where he left off after it's been sitting for so long.

Dude you'd spend 6 months just trying to figure out what fuckery he did. Cool concept, but execution would be really tough.