Craigslist Freak-of-the-Day

Geeto67

You can buy an already swapped SC 3800 Fiero for that price.

a SC 3800 swapped fiero with 308 GTB bodywork and the emblems already deleted apparently:

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/d/fiero-gt-with-body/6216808520.html

Range 15 miles? Hey Clay....I found your road legal UA golf Cart.....

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a SC 3800 swapped fiero with 308 GTB bodywork and the emblems already deleted apparently:

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/d/fiero-gt-with-body/6216808520.html

Barf.

There's a SC 3800 swap 87 GT (and it's a 5 Speed) in Delaware going for $2500 on the FB market place. I can't do FB from work but if you type in Fiero it's the first one there. Might need some work done but for $2500 (or less) it's a decent ride. Probably a mid-high 12 second car.

Barf.

I didn't say good taste was a part of the equation. Although to be fair, I like the rear roof treatment of those kit cars (and the Fiero GT fastback roofs) much better than the stock notch-back of the fiero. I also like the V8archie hatchback conversions so what do I know, I'm weird like that.

I didn't say good taste was a part of the equation. Although to be fair, I like the rear roof treatment of those kit cars (and the Fiero GT fastback roofs) much better than the stock notch-back of the fiero. I also like the V8archie hatchback conversions so what do I know, I'm weird like that.

Agreed. I just don't like it when the wheels are tucked in like 6" and it just looks like garbage. Just my opinion. But then again my GT is just primer black with black wheels.

Agreed. I just don't like it when the wheels are tucked in like 6" and it just looks like garbage. Just my opinion. But then again my GT is just primer black with black wheels.

it can't ever get worse than this so....

Pontiac-fiero-showroom-poster-1984.jpg

Barf.

There's a SC 3800 swap 87 GT (and it's a 5 Speed) in Delaware going for $2500 on the FB market place. I can't do FB from work but if you type in Fiero it's the first one there. Might need some work done but for $2500 (or less) it's a decent ride. Probably a mid-high 12 second car.

Just saw it on there. Soooo tempting......

WOW that guy put a ton of time and money into a pure shitbox car. Then again you wouldn't want to do that swap on anything else nicer.

I dunno...a lot of the early conversions I saw years ago used porsche 914's and to be honest I think those were kinda the perfect car for an EV conversion, until they got expensive. They are light, compact, flat floor, and pretty easy to package. Come to think of it, many of those 70's rear engine rwd small roadsters (fiat 850 spyder, 914, Lotus, etc...) probably make a good platform because of both simplicity, balance, and weight. All of them I would consider nicer than a cavalier.

Just saw it on there. Soooo tempting......

Word of the wise from the Fiero crowd of people. Some tend to hack things up. I've seen a LOT of "swapped cars" that people buy only to find out that stuff is hacked together, broken, or just plain wrong. As someone else on the Fiero boards said "you're buying someone elses project".

you don't see this everyday on CL:

https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/pts/d/maserati-bora-cam-engine-hp/6195410487.html

00T0T_7Uxw4JukxXN_600x450.jpg

This engine was pulled from a wrecked 1978 Maserati Bora with 6600 original miles in the early 80's. The body was restored only to be lost in a building fire. The engine was stored offsite and has been in heated storage since then. Only 575 of these mid engine supercars were sold worldwide. This engine has the Bora specific larger sump but shares internals with other Maserati models of that era. It is well known to be a very reliable and tractable engine with good parts availability. The 4 downdraft webers and twin cams give it the look of an F1 engine and the sound of an exotic car. I plan on using two or more of the carbs for another project if not sold before then. Its all aluminum and 320HP.

So I have to ask, am I the only one who sees this and has the knee jerk reaction that it would look awesome powering a t-bucket?

https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/pts/d/maserati-bora-cam-engine-hp/6195410487.html

So I have to ask, am I the only one who sees this and has the knee jerk reaction that it would look awesome powering a t-bucket?

I would put it in a DeLorean

It would be cool as hell to have a motor like this in my rx7, but it seems fairly pricey for a motor that needs torn down and gone through. Although I do understand that it is for a rare italian car to witch I know nothing about pricing (so it could be a very fair price, but I wouldn't pay it).

https://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/d/porsche-wide-body/6230277183.html

00S0S_gtBMnRTwy9X_600x450.jpg

Props for Jalopnik finding this jewel...5-speed 928 with THAT BODYKIT for $4k? I'm smiling looking that this thing. The only item that scares me is the lack of a title.

I'll go half/half with you Clay

I'll go half/half with you Clay

You got room in the secondary driveway behind the Z? I have to get rid of the Eldorado in my driveway to free up a spot.

Plus, I don't have a trailer, and the title issue gets me.

I'm thinking it could be an RWB-tribute car. Like, this is what a 928 would look like (including "Idlers" white lettering on tires and "RAUH-Welt" banner on windshield) had Nakai-san been active in the '80s and his bodykit activities had been funded by cocaine dealers. I'd plasti-dip this thing all white and black out the trim and window tint...call it the Great White Shark. :lol:

I'm tellin' you guys...if RWB, Magnus, and Singer are getting away with what they do to 911's, for $4k a widebody 928 with foot-wide wheels would command an audience.

Edited by zeitgeist57

You got room in the secondary driveway behind the Z? I have to get rid of the Eldorado in my driveway to free up a spot.

Plus, I don't have a trailer, and the title issue gets me.

I'm thinking it could be an RWB-tribute car. Like, this is what a 928 would look like (including "Idlers" white lettering on tires and "RAUH-Welt" banner on windshield) had Nakai-san been active in the '80s and his bodykit activities had been funded by cocaine dealers. I'd plasti-dip this thing all white and black out the trim and window tint...call it the Great White Shark. :lol:

I'm tellin' you guys...if RWB, Magnus, and Singer are getting away with what they do to 911's, for $4k a widebody 928 with foot-wide wheels would command an audience.

Exactly, I'm working on buying the house next to me. Those wheels alone worth the asking price, lol