Track day helmet

Buck531

So I just found out that my Snell 2005 helmet expired January 1st 2017. Would I be able to get a way with using it being trails has new ownership?

That being said if that doesn't work anyone have a helmet I can borrow that'll fit my fat melon head?

Just buy a new helmet?

Why fuck around with something that could potentially save your life?

Sorry man but I gotta agree. Helmets are not expensive. If $100-150 or so for a legal helmet that's certainly on sale or clearance somewhere is too much, then wow.

If someone could find the cheapest, SNELL and DOT-certified helmet, I'd appreciate it as well. :) (Meaning, if you guys say there are $100-150 helmets, please show me one that guys recommend).

I've got a Simpson that was expired last track day...

• 2 weeks later...
Only thing worse than no helmet is buying a used one off of CL.

Id rather be dead

Or wearing a helmet in traffic.... On the street, wtf.

Someone sent me a pic of captain America above, doing mustang things. Rocking a helmet in traffic.

Ha Ha! I have a few times, to get used to it. I'm sorry, I fail to see how this affects you in ANY way. At 42, don't really care if anyone FEELS it's inappropriate.

And by doing "Mustang things"? Like driving home from work with traffic passing HWY Patrol, not getting tickets?

I will say this, I had a $1400 medical bill for the extraction of a piece of metal in my left eye driving a vert last year. I usually wear sunglasses now. And since some ass hat is throwing rocks off overpasses in the city this week, it's most likely not a bad idea.

Thank you for your concern. And Happy Father's Day.

Edited by Benjamin

Ha Ha! I have a few times, to get used to it. I'm sorry, I fail to see how this affects you in ANY way. At 42, don't really care if anyone FEELS it's inappropriate.

And by doing "Mustang things"? Like driving home from work with traffic passing HWY Patrol, not getting tickets?

I will say this, I had a $1400 medical bill for the extraction of a piece of metal in my left eye driving a vert last year. I usually were sunglasses now. And since some ass hat is throwing rocks off overpasses in the city this week, it's most likely not a bad idea.

Thank you for your concern.

Not sure if I ever posted it, but last fall I had a 4.5lb rock get thrown into our minivan in a construction site while my entire family was in the car heading back from Easton.

The Safelight guy said stock windshields are designed to prevent 5lbs from penetrating. That's the good news. Bad news is all of us were showered in splinters of glass from head to waist. If it wasn't for the fact that I make the kids wear sun glasses and I always where them in the car (wife needs glasses so she was safe), we would have likely wrecked and all been sent to the hospital. FWIW kids under age 21 do are far more susceptible to the negatives of sunlight than adults.

I work in the Eye Car business and can say that while I won't wear a helmet, I will always and do always wear some type of eye protection in a car, on a bike. I never really "believed" in doing so but I knew what I have been taught. Thankfully that day, I had them on.