Picked up a new toy today

buelliganx1

So I really tried to be normal but then I spotted this on Craigslist for cheap and I said fuck it, normal sucks and those "cool" kids aren't realy that cool anyways. I need to straighten a few things out on it but it should be a fun car for me and my son to cruise around in.

IMG_0371-L.jpg

IMG_0374-L.jpg

IMG_0372-L.jpg

IMG_0373-L.jpg

I dig it. Those can be had for a low price and just tooled around in with no cares.

Agreed, I picked this one up for $1000, paint is a 20 footer and I've got to fix the power steering but other than that it's a solid car and the interior is pretty clean.

Great pickup. It's hard to find such a fun toy for a thou'. I see it has the requisite pine tree air freshener.

I'm sure Clay is kicking himself for not finding it first.

I've been using those damn things since high school, a car just doesn't feel like mine if I don't have some vanillarama going on

I've been using those damn things since high school, a car just doesn't feel like mine if I don't have some vanillarama going on

You're goddamned right. I tried strawberry once. It was the biggest mistake ever. Twenty years and a thousand trees later I tried chemical guys stripper scent. Nope, back to the vanillaroma tree. I never throw them away. I'm a neat freak in the car, but the old trees go under the seat for luck. No clue why anyplace carries a different scent. God help you if you accidentally buy Jasmin.

I'm a bit jealous of the Tbird, looks like a great find.

Vanillarama is the shit. I tried those stupid air vent clip-on things and they're garbage. Back to the trees.

Oh and cool car, I guess. I don't know anything about those 70's sleds, but I like the looks of that one.. especially for a grand. Would look pretty cool having dual exhausts sticking out the rear.

I'm pretty sure this was coil-spring suspension all around, like my Continental. If so, it does look slightly lowered in the front.

That 351M is probably breathing through the same 2BBL Motorsports carb as my Lincoln's 400ci. Yeah, it's not going anywhere quickly.

Man...for $1000 that's a heck of a car. Great MAD MAX candidate. :lol:

You are correct it does have coil springs all around, in the interest of that true 70's vibe it's got air shocks on the rear, I haven't seen a set of those in years.

Someone did change or the ford carburetor for a Holley but I've got a edlebrock waiting to go on it, I just need a manifold and I'd like to swap cams while I'm in there since I'm reading the stock Cam is horribly retarded.