Anyone into bitcoins?

Jewtoys

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Founder of Bitcoin Rival Litecoin Sells His Cryptocurrency After 7,500% Rally"

http://fortune.com/2017/12/20/charlie-lee-litecoin-cryptocurrency/

This was due to "Conflicts of Interest"... but yeah generally not a great sign when the inventor runs for the hills. Although, cashing out at +7,500% is a no brainer

I owned a bunch of Ripple back when it was a quarter, I got bored after a week and moved that money back to BTC. Ended up being a good move but I just moved it all back to Ripple this morning based on last night's rally.

Every time I try shit like this I end up losing money but I have high hopes this time.

I still doubled my money. So not to bad still. I’m glad I did not buy any bitcoin cash. I was thinking about it.

Same- definitely dodged a bullet on that one.

Down $300 now. It'll need to go up to about $260 for me to recoup my initial investment. I did make $300 on BTC so technically I'm still even.

Honestly this has been fun as hell. Worth it whichever way it goes.

Have you seen how the IRS is treating this as property vs capital gain for reporting losses. And 2018/9 tax returns will be heavily audited because of this.

Only thing I read was that coinbase is required to report transactions of a certain amount. I don’t have enough in to take a huge loss or worry about an audit. Just a reminder of how late I was to the party.