Dad got a "new" 1976 F150

Otis Nice

We had gone to a swap meet/car show in Chillicothe last Saturday looking for a T5 transmission for the '49. We had found out about the show a day before and it's not far at all from his place. Got there, saw some friends, checked out a lot of the vendors, and not a T5 was found. We decided to walk through the show section before circling back through more vendors on the other side of the fairgrounds hoping to spot one.

There were all matters of vehicles from full resto's to ratrod's to some brand new stock mustangs and camaros with their hoods popped for who knows what reason. There was also the usual small smathering of nothing vehicles from the 90's to 2000's.

Anyway, we were looking at any and all old chevy's like his others. It's always great to see what others have done and get ideas or info. There were a few but nothing really stood out.

Suddenly I spotted a "For Sale" sign in this bad boy:

20171104_121623.jpg

It's a 1976 F150 Ranger. Dad is, as of today, officially the 3rd owner. As it sits at his house now it has 40,205 miles on it and has not been restored or modified in any way. Nothing has been hauled in the bed and it is 100% original form bumper to bumper. It's a 3 on the tree and that right kind of ugly color combo that I absolutely love. It has been meticulously maintained and garaged it's entire life. When he drove it he said it steers and handles better than anything he currently has, even their new vehicles. It has not one scratch nor rust spot anywhere on the body. The frame is completely rust free.

I don't know what CR thinks, but I'm fine with whatever because I friggin' love this thing.

20171104_121638.jpg

20171104_122100.jpg

20171104_121609.jpg

At its new home (although it's going to live in the garage).

16165.jpg

Edited by Otis Nice

Yeah, that truck is stupid nice condition!

It makes me almost a little crazy, in that you need to COAT THE ENTIRE UNDERBODY before rust starts eating away at that thing.

...and get some historical tags on it ASAP!

That's all up to dad. He's retired. He can handle all that crap. Hahaha

Edited by Otis Nice

Looks solid. Cool to see older vehicles in that kind of shape too. Enjoy it, for however long you end up keeping it :)

More than you can afford....Ranger....haha ;)

Lol.

Said price? No clue. PM an offer and I'll ask. I don't get into his financial business. Haha.