Best Movies in 2017

BStowers023

Watched another weird movie last night 'Mother!'. You kind of want to turn it off, but at the same time, you want to wait a few more minutes to see what happens next. And Michelle Pfeiffer's in it, so there's that.

Anyone excited to see Phantom Thread? The previews make me wonder what the movie is even about but I've heard rumors that it's Daniel Day Lewis' 2nd best performance behind There Will Be Blood so I will go see it. If it's even close to as good as There Will Be Blood it's worth every penny and minute to see IMO

Saw "Baby Driver" a couple nights ago. It was entertaining, and I did love the driving scenes and music score - very much like "Drive" w/ Ryan Gosling in that aspect - but I didn't love it like I did for "Drive". Maybe I'll want to see it again down the road.

The cast was great: Punisher-dude, Kevin Spacey, Jon Hamm, Jamie Foxx was the best.

Was watching "Wind River" (Jeremy Renner) last night...it was off to a really good start before I fell asleep. :lol: #oldmanproblems

Was watching "Wind River" (Jeremy Renner) last night...it was off to a really good start before I fell asleep. :lol: #oldmanproblems

For whatever reason when I go to the movies I tend to pass out. I think I'm like 1/5 in my last 5 movie theater outings staying away :lolguy:

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the The Disaster Artist last night because of this thread. I usually like weird movies but damn, that was fucking terrible. I thought Franco did a good job playing that character but overall the movie was about as good as the movie it was about.

Good movies:

Dunkirk

Blade Runner 2049

Logan

Decent:

Life

Dark Tower

The Shape of Water

Alien: Covenant

Baby Driver

It

Nope:

The Disaster Artist

Logan Lucky

Get Out...was great. Really well done, and I loved the end as well. I didn't realize Jordan Peele (from Key & Peele) wrote and directed it.

Yeah they definitely have some potential. I hope they follow that up with another great flick. Perfect amount of thrill, mystery, suspense, twist and comedy