New car recommendations

PRD2BDF

So I just totaled my car yesterday in an accident on 70E past 256. If anyone was stuck in that traffic, sorry about that. Not my fault.

So I now will need to search for a new car. My requirements are few:

1. Must be unique, not something that everyone and their moms have

2. Large, I don't want a small car or SUV. The size of the Saab 9-5 spoiled me.

3. Can move out of its own way

4. Reasonably good on gas, I drive 600 miles a week. (Reasonable for what it is, meaning if a full size SUV gets 24 MPG highway, that's good)

5. Reliable, that goes without saying.

Brand-new is an option.

I did some quick browsing. I found a 2016 300S with the Pentastar with 10k miles for 22k. I found a 2014 Flex Ecoboost. Those two cars I like so far. Any issues with the drivetrains in these two cars?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I just totaled my car yesterday in an accident on 70E past 256. If anyone was stuck in that traffic, sorry about that. Not my fault.

So I now will need to search for a new car. My requirements are few:

1. Must be unique, not something that everyone and their moms have

2. Large, I don't want a small car or SUV. The size of the Saab 9-5 spoiled me.

3. Can move out of its own way

4. Reasonably good on gas, I drive 600 miles a week. (Reasonable for what it is, meaning if a full size SUV gets 24 MPG highway, that's good)

5. Reliable, that goes without saying.

Brand-new is an option.

I did some quick browsing. I found a 2016 300S with the Pentastar with 10k miles for 22k. I found a 2014 Flex Ecoboost. Those two cars I like so far. Any issues with the drivetrains in these two cars?

Glad you're okay dude. WOW!

In terms of bang for the buck and meeting your needs, I have to push point #1 aside and it appears you have too as the 300S is pretty common.

I searched and looked at just about everything in the sport sedan to SUV segment when I looked and I will say that the new 2.0T Accord is one of the nicest if not the nicest sedan out there. You can look at point #1 and say no but if you don't at least sit in and drive one you'll be doing yourself a dis-service. Seriously. May be more money but in the long-run I think you'll be fine as it will hold its value, be maint. free and no doubt resale on them will be strong.

If you want an AWD Version, go find a nice 1-2 year old TLX. No awe-inspiring styling but the AWD system is second only to Audi IMO. I still stand by the fact that the new Accord is nicer though.

All that said, one of Account Executives bought a low mile 300S with AWD for under $20k and he loves it. I am not sure how it will hold up over the long haul but it's nice, big, comfy, has bells and whistles and can be had cheap.

Oh I'm fine. The Saab took the blunt of the hits. Thank you.

The Honda , I'm just not sold on them. I do admit they look very very sharp but they're just not my thing.

Are Audi's still unreliable beyond a specific mileage?

If you want an AWD Version, go find a nice 1-2 year old TLX. No awe-inspiring styling but the AWD system is second only to Audi IMO. I still stand by the fact that the new Accord is nicer though.

I was coming in to say this. (the AWD thing). After buying the wife her Mini Countyman, I still didn't really care for the thing. But AWD is a game changer in these winter months. The stability and confidence is out of this world.

I highly suggest trying out some AWD vehicles. Now on dry, nice days all you may feel is nothing but a little loss in ummph, but no torque-steer! On a really wet or snowy day....its gonna freight train.

Good option all around. May seem small but they have a lot of room.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

They sure do, plus you get a lot for your dollar imo.

Look at a 2015+ or for that budget you can get a leftover 2017. DSG trans is a blast too.

I love the Flex. It’s one of the most comfortable cars I’ve ever driven. Coupe co-workers have them and they all love them. If you can find an EcoBoost in your budget, go for it. I’d also look into a SHO as well. You can find a CPO in that price range for sure and have an AWD 365 HP sleeper.

You can’t go wrong with a 300S. They’re kind of under powered with a V6 but I doubt you’ll be Racing it. I was impressed with the newer Impalas as well.

Since you’re a fan of Saab’s, why not check out an Volvo S60?

MPG wise its not in your range however price tag and uniqueness Saab 9-7x Aero. 6.0L AWD trailblazer SS with the added luxury of Saab with air ride.

However you would want to make sure you found a well maintained one

28026623669_60a2c61c87_c.jpgIMG_20180119_173648771 by Cody Seesholtz, on Flickr

39095081724_18fa57f5c4_c.jpgIMG_20180119_174111312 by Cody Seesholtz, on Flickr

The Saab

So far, I'm really liking the Dodge Durango, I know it's not uncommon but there's a charm about it I really like.

If you are liking the durango go check out grand cherokees. Probably the altitudes would be best id think for you. Sporty, quick, comfortable, 4x4 system is fantastic, tons of comforts.

Also when looking at the 300S remember the S is only an appearance package not performance so keep all 300's open.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I found a 2016 300S with the Pentastar with 10k miles for 22k.

I have a '16 300C Pentastar AWD. Never been in the "S" trim. It's no V8, but the transmission does not suck for what it is. For a DD, I love it. I average ~25mpg. It can be more, or less, depending on driving style.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

I have a '16 300C Pentastar AWD. Never been in the "S" trim. It's no V8, but the transmission does not suck for what it is. For a DD, I love it. I average ~25mpg. It can be more, or less, depending on driving style.

KillJoy

I've looked at both (not in person) but I just am not feeling the wheel setup on the AWD version. The one I like is RWD but AWD would make more sense

I've looked at both (not in person) but I just am not feeling the wheel setup on the AWD version. The one I like is RWD but AWD would make more sense

Not sure what you mean by "wheel setup". But if you are referring to what they look like, the "S" looks MUCH better than the "C".

That being said, car has stock tires, and this snow has been ez pz w/ the AWD. No major issues. Snows would be better, but, it could be a HELLOVA

lot worse!!!

KillJoy

Not sure what you mean by "wheel setup". But if you are referring to what they look like, the "S" looks MUCH better than the "C".

That being said, car has stock tires, and this snow has been ez pz w/ the AWD. No major issues. Snows would be better, but, it could be a HELLOVA

lot worse!!!

KillJoy

If you look at a RWD S, the wheels are dished in and looks attractive, the AWD S has the same size wheel but there is no dish, just a flat face.

The Saab 9-7x or the Trailblazer SS probably isn't an option simply because the design is so outdated (going from a 2011 modern interior to something from the old GM era...ugh)

I've been looking at some of your suggestions online, some made my list while some were a solid no. These suggestions are helping !