Winter Call Out Thread

wagner

I actually think you and I would have a good race (with the 335). I'd prefer a roll race but I definitely think it'd be fun/close either way.

Anyone have a running car that runs high 13s? I need someone as slow as me to race. Running and driving cars that won't break from a dig only need apply.

I'll break'er down for everyone:

2007 CTS-V

China tires

122k miles

Worn Nivomat shocks. :)

You may read 405hp/405tq on the Intarwebz, but she's due a tuneup and fluid changes. Upgraded '06-'07 diff hasn't shattered on me yet!

DD RACEWARZ

Wags/Cordell are right....shouldn't take a writ of Congress to get carguys out having a little fun! I'm down for wherever I'm not going to get into trouble (track?) and at least 55degrees.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2007 CTS-V

China tires

122k miles

You may read 405hp/405tq on the Intarwebz, but she's due a tuneup and fluid changes. Upgraded '06-'07 diff hasn't shattered on me yet!

DD RACEWARZ

Wags/Cordell are right....shouldn't take a writ of Congress to get carguys out having a little fun! I'm down for wherever I'm not going to get into trouble (track?) and at least 55degrees.

I'll run ya. I'm sure you're still 3-4 car lengths faster than me 0-110ish

2007 CTS-V

China tires

122k miles

DD RACEWARZ

We will have a lot of testing to do with the car this summer so anytime we're out and about I'll make a post.

If anybody is feeling froggy there will also be the Pacemakers Cash Days events, lots of racing to be had there, if you actually race.

Agreed. I think they need to take it a step further and just fuck.

Exactly. Part of being involved in the car community is learning about cars. Whether it's basic stuff or what the torque spec for a rod bolt is. This pissing contest between Miller and Grant is fucking stupid. Race and quit bitching like 2 little girls.

I can't give you guys common sense...Grant challenged me/my car right when it was apart. Now 3 days after it's together I can't race him until x months out.

You guys just rustled me more than Grant has. Figure it the fuck out.

We will have a lot of testing to do with the car this summer so anytime we're out and about I'll make a post.

If anybody is feeling froggy there will also be the Pacemakers Cash Days events, lots of racing to be had there, if you actually race.

So, because the only drag racing I've done since early-CR street racing days is at CR Track Days....is there a certain track evening format where we can call each other out within reason and race? Instead of being in a line and tearing down next to whomever is up?

My bad homie. I'm not up to date with how much you can get on trade for your food stamps.

Proefi 128- $1600

Plug and pin kit- $170

Can cable- $400

3x pressure sensors @ $150/ea

2x temp sensors at $40ea

O2 sensor setup $150

Harness from $600diy, up to $1800 professionally

Tune $1200ish

Should equal $5250ish, split difference on harness, look it up if you don't believe me.

Induction performance has the cheapest pricing. Wiring specialties for harness work.

So, because the only drag racing I've done since early-CR street racing days is at CR Track Days....is there a certain track evening format where we can call each other out within reason and race? Instead of being in a line and tearing down next to whomever is up?

On a TnT night you can just pair up in the lanes with who you want to race and let the guy in the head of staging know when you're up there.

At Cash Days you just line up with whoever you want and race it out. They are really cool about making that happen.

Pacemakers is MUCH friendlier towards racers IMO for stuff like this.

Anyone have a running car that runs high 13s? I need someone as slow as me to race. Running and driving cars that won't break from a dig only need apply.

According to Car and Driver I'm at 15.5 :lolguy:

High 13's? Is this 2004?

I have no dog in this fight since I drive a sled, but shouldn't you be able to produce a verifiable slip before assuming you're running a certain number and talking shit about what others know they run?

Just an observation/thought. Carry on.

I have no dog in this fight since I drive a sled, but shouldn't you be able to produce a verifiable slip before assuming you're running a certain number and talking shit about what others know they run?

Just an observation/thought. Carry on.

My 1992 weighed 200+ lbs more, was on twins at 14psi, stock cams, junk fuel system and hitting boost cut and still ran a 12.9.

This setup has cams, standalone, E85, better gearing and a moderate sized single. Really shouldn't be hard to dip deep into the 12's with a junky 60' just to prolong the diff. No anti-lag or launch control. Just rolling out at 3k feathering the clutch. Even at the same boost level this turbo flows a lot more

My 1992 weighed 200+ lbs more, was on twins at 14psi, stock cams, junk fuel system and hitting boost cut and still ran a 12.9.

This setup has cams, standalone, E85, better gearing and a moderate sized single. Really shouldn't be hard to dip deep into the 12's with a junky 60' just to prolong the diff. No anti-lag or launch control. Just rolling out at 3k feathering the clutch. Even at the same boost level this turbo flows a lot more

Not arguing the fact. Just wondering if one should claim to know precisely what a car runs if they haven't. That's all. :)

As I stated previously, carry on and have a great evening everyone.

Not arguing the fact. Just wondering if one should claim to know precisely what a car runs if they haven't. That's all. :)

As I stated previously, carry on and have a great evening everyone.

I don't know what it will run, it know what it won't run. Wont touch 9's, maybe even 10's, wont go 13's, if it goes 13's+ its either mechanical failure or traction issues.