Columbus Cars and Coffee update for 2018

zeitgeist57

Well to be fair your "business" model of being free and open to everyone kinda gets in the way of their monetizing the cars and coffee concept.

I mean, how are you going to convince sponsors to give you money and set up a "watch bar" (yes a bar that serves wristwatches instead of drinks) if your lot is filled with rusty 240Z cars with ford 5.0 swaps and chevy cavalier's with "Mechanical slut" written across the windshield. Also, your event promotes too much social interaction - how can you stand around being cooler than thou while a DJ blasts regaton and trance house at 9AM at full volume when all these beer gut bourgeois want to talk to each other about their hella flush honda civics.

Seriously though clay, is there a way lennox would let you "give away" food and coffee and accept donations to help with clean up of the lot, pay for the website, and maybe do one or two special events?

I have never seen said chevy cavalier with "Mechanical slut" on the windshield

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never seen said chevy cavalier with "Mechanical slut" on the windshield

Sorry, It's red and says "Slow and Slutty" - my memory failed me. Also looking at the pic on my phone it may be a 4 door cobalt and not a cavalier. Still, it's there pretty often.

Cars & Salads doesn't seem to flow as well. Some salad place is going in there and although they do serve coffee, I doubt they open early...

“This is whole, clean, healthy food,” he told me. “This is driven by Millennials. This is what they want. They care about where their food is coming from, how it’s raised.”

https://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2017/10/30/what-is-replacing-johnny-rockets-and-cup-ojoe-at.html

A fast casual brand is making good on its promise to grow.

New York-based CoreLife Eatery opened its first Central Ohio restaurant 11 months ago at 8741 Sancus Blvd. across from Polaris Fashion Place. At that time, they company, which started in Syracuse in 2015, had seven restaurants.

As of the end of October, it has grown to 21 open restaurants and at least a pair of other Central Ohio eateries in the plans among the more than 30 additional sites listed as coming soon.

The company this year committed to the Wilson Place project, a Schiff Properties LLC development at the southeast corner of Lane Avenue and High Street near Ohio State University. The opening is targeted for August 2018.

A unit also appears to be slated for the Lennox Town Center filling a pair of spaces previously occupied by Johnny Rockets and Cup O’ Joe coffee shop.

I haven’t spoken with the company yet, but CoreLife lists the Lennox unit on its website, while Beachwood-based property owner DDR Corp. (NYSE:DDR) shows it on a map of the site as well. Construction on the space is underway with a March opening targeted.

Co-founder Todd Mansfield, speaking to me last year, said he and his co-owners see fast-casual healthier food as an under-served market.

CoreLife takes the fast-casual model of assembly-line ordering and applies it to a healthier menu.

Its ingredients are free of trans fats, artificial colors, sweeteners and additives, it uses no genetically modified organisms, and its chicken and steak are free of antibiotics and hormones.

There is no soda – just artisan lemonades, cold-pressed teas and coffee.

On a serious note Clay, are there any mobile food trucks you know that would do breakfast at the event? Would Casto allow it?

So, Casto doesn't want any food/coffee trucks to come by for fear of backlash from lessees (Like Champps or CoreLife or Barnes&Noble). Yes, a coffee van isnt much competition, but it opens up a can of worms with other groups wanting in, charities whining, etc...it can escalate out of control and get them - and the group, of course - in trouble.

I'd love to tell Tupelo Donuts and other coffee-trucks that they could show up but leave the parking lot by 10am, and I think that would work where none of the restaurants would feel competed against, but I don't want to be responsible for that level of effort/logistics/relationship maintenance with Casto.

another possible route would be find public park that has a decent sized lot, have food/coffee trucks pay a permit fee to parks and recreation, and see if the parking lot can be reserved for those few hours with parks and recreation. The food/coffee truck permit fee would pay for any reservation fee of the parking lot and then some.

another possible route would be find public park that has a decent sized lot, have food/coffee trucks pay a permit fee to parks and recreation, and see if the parking lot can be reserved for those few hours with parks and recreation. The food/coffee truck permit fee would pay for any reservation fee of the parking lot and then some.

No truck I am aware of will pay to be at an event like this. Any truck I have seen requires YOU to pay for them to show up.

curious as to what this means? because I am the only one paying for the site hosting that I know of. :lol:

wouldn't you like to be reimbursed by the community? I assumed someone was paying out of pocket for it, just didn't know who.

I don't get down to the Lennox location much, but when I do, I love the company there. I've met so many people there, getting coffee and or tea there doesn't bother me. My son travels a lot for baseball, so going there when I have a free weekend is great for getting out and having fun with other people. I say, keep going there and don't worry that Cup of Joe's is no longer there. I made it to the Dayton C&C and was a blast. If I can make several of those trips with others would be great.