Where to post a car for sale?

caseyctsv

So where do you guys go to sell a car these days? eBay? Autotrader? I know it depends on what you are selling so, for this purpose, it would be my Camaro. I won’t do Craigslist most likely due to scammers. I sold the TA quickly and painlessly on ebay but that was a while ago. I could post it on Camaro 5 but it does not look like there is much traffic there anymore. Any other options?

I used Facebook marketplace to buy and sell some motorcycles recently. It’s probably not much better than craigslist, but at least for most potential buyers you can view their Facebook profile to get some idea if they are legit.

what did you decide on to replace it?

Have not decided but know I want to sell the Camaro first. I do know it will be a sport sedan with a beater truck to follow. If I get impatient it will likely be an SS or S4. If I am willing to wait for what I really want it will be an ATSV.

+1 for facebook marketplace. If some saggy pants gangsta messages me about my whip and his profile is covered in ride or die 420blayzit I can tell them I don't accept EBT then wait for other interests.

:-)

I am ready for the “do you take bitcoin?” Message

I would imagine posting a car like that on craigslist wouldn't fetch the kind of riff raff replies you typically get from listing a cheaper car. As far as scams go, simply ignore them, don't put your phone number on there and you'll be fine. I would start with camaro5, ls1tech, CR, craigslist, and go from there.

This is how I've gotten rid of my last 3 vehicles.

1) Friend totaled it

2) Trade in

3) Trade in

Quick and easy :lol:

My last 3: gave to daughter, had it totaled by texting teen coming left of center, and gave to daughter...

I would see what CarMax would give you as well as a dealer if they just bought it from you. Maybe one will give you a good offer. If anything, it will give you a good baseline on how to price it.

I've had good luck with Autotrader, but it's been a while since I've sold a vehicle PP.

My last 3: gave to daughter, had it totaled by texting teen coming left of center, and gave to daughter...

If it wasn't for that accident, I never would've found my CTS-V, Casey.

I'm glad everyone was OK, of course... but it's funny how some things work out.

I still used Craigslist a lot (including cars) you just have to know how to weed out the idiots. If they start with a retarded email, comment, etc. I just simply don't respond, meet up, etc.

Last few vehicles I’ve sold without buying anything have been to Carmax. As long as it’s a newer car in good condition with reasonable mileage I’ve found them to be very competitive.

I am guessing no dealer will want the Camaro due to the mods. It is a 2011 with only 26k miles and is close to showroom. It will be marketable as a convertible going into spring but I am sure the big cam might scare a dealer off :)

I have a good idea what it is worth. On the cash offer I suspect they will use the mods to not honor the offer when I take it in for inspection. I will probably list it for 21-22k. Trade-in is 17-18k. It is hard to get comparable sales on a vert with the 6 speed. There are very few of them changing hands. When I bought it 4 years ago there were 6 for sale in the whole country.