Found the Mrs. a new Whip...

TTQ B4U

Switched gears again and landed on this. Much nicer and worth the few extra bucks. Everyone was making deals today. Picking it up Tuesday and under the buffer and coated come Wednesday smile.png

2018 Lincoln MK-C Reserve, AWD 2.3l EcoBoost with 20" Wheels:

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/167240593/original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/167240719/original.jpg

It's a glorified Ford but with a bit more ooomph given the 2.3l EcoBoost. Scoots quiet well that's for sure. She loves the Pano roof and the way it rides and drives. I wish she went with the larger MK-X/Ford Edge version but she wanted a smaller SUV. Sync 3 has been pretty good and quite intuitive which is big for her.

FWIW the Mazda CX-5 was by far the 2nd choice. They bent over backwards on it too coming in nearly $150mo cheaper vs the Lincoln. A Fantastic deal on it's own and the car is certainly one of the best of the ones in it's class. Drives with plenty of power for a NA 4Cyl. too. Nearly identical to many of the other turbo ones but overall felt more peppy and solid. Quiet too. No buzz.

I think it's officialy though, my wife turns 50 this year so here comes AARP and Lincoln :p

Thanks! Color wise, I missed the red metallic on the Fusion Sport I had. Went to get it on the Q50 but black called out to me. Lincoln calls it Ruby Red Metallic and it also entails a Pearl Tinted Clearcoat. Here the wheels really set it off too. That's why it's not here until Tuesday. They only had 1 with the 20's on it and they wouldn't/can't swap them onto another vehicle. Hard to believe so many people are opposed to a modest upgrade $ like wheels when IMO they are what really make a car stand out but he said they are not a common choice.

Looks great Tim!

Thanks. Online now hunting down some brushed aluminum updates to remove the wood trim :( There were none equipped with that option. Damn old people.....

Scheduling up the tint too. I wonder what power mods are out there for the 2.3l :p :ninja:

Why did you want 20s, just for a style thing? wouldn't smaller wheels ride better and have cheaper tire costs?

I guess there's worse cars to have as a rental. Should have gotten your wife something fun like a manual corvette- that way even when she bitches you into driving her car you're still having some fun.

Why did you want 20s, just for a style thing? wouldn't smaller wheels ride better and have cheaper tire costs?

Styling. The car rides awesome with them. It has a dynamic suspension which really works well. Has a Soft-Standard-Sport mode. I drove one with 20's too.

Picked up the wife's new car tonight. Dealer prepped it by removing the plastic but left the rest to me. Gave it a quick waterless wash, stripped the windows including the pano roof and coated them tonight. Also gave the body moldings/trim a good coating. Inside I gave the trim a once over with some Optimum Leather Protectant and cleaned the inside of all the glass too. Lastly, I installed her Pro-Clip Cell mount and the cargo liner. All weather liners should be arriving Friday by 8pm.

My wife is going to enjoy it on the town Friday but I'll be getting her fully detailed Saturday. The only real bummer is I found a small ding on the rear hatch near an edge. My guess is it will have to be glue-pulled and tapped back down so I'm going to skip that small area when coating it. Not the end of the world as I know the dealer with get a PDR guy to fix it up.

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/167264933/original.jpg

Awful lot of work for a lease. :lol: I agree with you on the wheels. Those wheels definitely make that car look much better.

I'll be the first to admit my wife is a high maintenance woman :o The good news is when she's happy, I'm happy.

In the end, yes, all that effort for a Lincoln-ized Ford. She rides pretty nice and driving it this morning, I gotta admit the 2.3l scoots the hell out of it for what it is. I especially appreciate gobs of torque down low around town. It's a chick truck but I can dig it when I'm at the helm. The only real complaint I have is the bottom of the rear seat cushions should be another 1-2 longer to fit my legs and ass more comfortably. There's plenty of leg room to do it too.

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/167265838/original.jpg