New “fun” daily driver

caseyctsv

Thanks all - it is great to commute in so far. No way Inwould have pulled the trigger on an S4 without the convos with Trey. I still find it hard to believe it is “only” 333 HP - it feels stronger than that around town. It does fall on its face a bit > 70 MPH but I don’t spend a lot of time making runs > 70.

Thanks all - it is great to commute in so far. No way Inwould have pulled the trigger on an S4 without the convos with Trey. I still find it hard to believe it is “only” 333 HP - it feels stronger than that around town. It does fall on its face a bit > 70 MPH but I don’t spend a lot of time making runs > 70.

They are a bit under rated in terms of power. Keep in mind that the DSG transmission is pretty efficient too.

Every ounce of me wants to give you shit for getting an "auto", but it sounds like a fun car being dual clutch. Maybe I just need to ride in one to see how it really feels. I still prefer my fun car to be of the manual variety, but my daily is an auto. With all of my newly found nerve issues I may have to stay auto for a daily. Who knows.

Every ounce of me wants to give you shit for getting an "auto", but it sounds like a fun car being dual clutch. Maybe I just need to ride in one to see how it really feels. I still prefer my fun car to be of the manual variety, but my daily is an auto. With all of my newly found nerve issues I may have to stay auto for a daily. Who knows.

I relentlessly bashed users here about how a DCT was just an auto no matter how badly they wanted to say it wasn’t. Jones especially. Then I drove one. If you punch it, it will do full throttle upshifts that sound and feel like the best power shift I have ever experienced. One where a manual driver does not lift on the gas when shifting. It results in the “Audi fart” almost like a backfire when it shifts. It is pretty awesome.

Interestingly, the B9 (2018+) switched to a conventional auto. Read a few threads out there complaining with that direction.

They did. At least it's a ZF one. Soaks up the added power they gave it though. I helped a good friend buy one just this week. Drove very nice. Slight bit of turbo lag vs the previous gen SC 3.0l. Trans wise however, it's smoother all around thus one of the reasons they went that route. Saves lbs and likely costs. No doubt cheaper to maintain.

Interestingly, the B9 (2018+) switched to a conventional auto. Read a few threads out there complaining with that direction.

It's the same 8 speed that's in my A5 and for an auto, it's not bad. Kicks down quickly, downshifts appropriately and at the right time when slowing down. Better than the DSG though...I dunno.

Speaking of B9s, I drove a loaner for about a month...they really nailed it with the interior on those. Except for the front cup holders, my travel coffee mug hits the touch sensitive climate control buttons every time I take it out :mad:

It's the same 8 speed that's in my A5 and for an auto, it's not bad. Kicks down quickly, downshifts appropriately and at the right time when slowing down. Better than the DSG though...I dunno.

Speaking of B9s, I drove a loaner for about a month...they really nailed it with the interior on those. Except for the front cup holders, my travel coffee mug hits the touch sensitive climate control buttons every time I take it out :mad:

I did LOVE the new interior

So glad to see the photos of the car. I love the layered Aluminum trim. It is pretty rare and just does something a little different that I like. Not many company’s can even do that. I can’t wait to get off my ass and get one this summer myself. Looking for you and seeing a few special ones around makes me want to pull the trigger so bad, but the newborn addition has slowed me some so we know we are in a good spot. Hate to give up the Avant, but stage 2 B8.5 S4 makes it easy to forget it. Thanks for the kind words and don’t forget to bring it by my work some day.