College Football Thread: Version 2018

Bigbird

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bubba Baxa? Is this real life?

I like that the info graphic they gave was that he made 4 of 10 field goals in HS.

I literally said the EXACT same thing to my girlfriend. Like really? The best they can do is highlight his 40% HS stats? Lol

Burrow looks good. Not crazy good, but good. Playing a decent team too.

Gonna go ahead and make some predictions... Season and Week one here

My Final 4

Alabama

Ohio State

Washington

Clemson

B1G Winner

Ohio State over Wisconsin

Heisman (Homer)

Haskins or Tua

Week 1

Ohio State 56 Oregon State 10

Washington 27 Auburn 24

Michigan 21 Notre Dame 20

Miami 20 LSU 28

Virginia Tech 27 Florida State 34

Ohio State players to look out for:

Offense

Dwayne Haskins - I think he could be the most gifted passing QB tOSU has ever had. We will wait and see

J.K. Dobbins - Maybe one of the most exciting players in all of college football. Every time he touches the ball, watch out. If he's gained some top end speed, it's a done deal for the B1G.

Parris Cambell - One of the most dynamic play makers in college football. He is our new Curtis Samuel with more of a receiving aspect to him.

Benjamin Victor - He is my somewhat under the radar guy to watch out for. Tall, fast, good hands. He reminds me of a young AJ Green. Watch out for him.

Tate Martell - Don't know exactly what his role will be in our offense, but when he plays, watch out. The kid reminds me of an even quicker Braxton. He needs to work on his passing ability but that will come. I expect to see him in some 3rd and shorts.

Defense:

Nick Bosa - Could be a defensive heisman watch player for obvious reasons

Chase Young - Kid is supposedly very special. Extremely strong, quick and athletic.

Tuf Borland - Unsure if he's going to go Saturday but he's as tough as they come. One of the prototypical LBs that we have come through tOSU. He will be fun to watch.

Jeffrey Okudah - He's the next great DB to come out of tOSU to add to our laundry list of greats we've produced over the past 5-10 years.

This might be the most talented team we've ever had. I'd put it right there with the 2014 or 2015 team. Time will tell if they can put it all together. I really cannot wait to see our offense with 2 incredible backs and a QB with a serious arm. I think defenses are going to be stunned at what hit them.

1/4 on your picks (outside of OSU) haha. Crazy weekend in CFB and week 1 is always so hard to pick.

You nailed it on Haskins. Dude is accurate and a true passer...he'll have a long, successful career in the NFL at this rate.

1/4 on your picks (outside of OSU) haha. Crazy weekend in CFB and week 1 is always so hard to pick.

You nailed it on Haskins. Dude is accurate and a true passer...he'll have a long, successful career in the NFL at this rate.

Well I got the LSU one right too. But yeah, not super proud of my picks/analysis over the weekend but it was week 1 which means a lot of guessing. Moving forward should be better as we see teams and players play. I’ll write up another one for this upcoming week later today

Well I got the LSU one right too. But yeah, not super proud of my picks/analysis over the weekend but it was week 1 which means a lot of guessing. Moving forward should be better as we see teams and players play. I’ll write up another one for this upcoming week later today

Yeah that was the 1 in the 1/4 lol. I agree- only one I would have changed on your picks would be taking Auburn- I don't believe in any Pac-10 teams after their bowl showing last year.