College Football Thread: Version 2018

Bigbird

Let's get to getting...

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2018/08/94773/new-report-suggests-urban-meyer-ohio-state-knew-about-long-history-of-zach-smith-abuse-allegations

Is Urban out? I'm not in town so idk what the local media is saying, but from DC it's not looking good.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"...Courtney Smith said, adding that she was never told that Shelley Meyer had told the coach about the allegations at the time"

He will make it out alive but not unscathed. Call this season even more of a bust now

And she's claiming that she told other assistant coach's wives as well. You think all of them never said anything to their husbands? This is going to get real ugly.

Unless Shelley Meyer comes out and says to the world that she never told Urban because she KNEW that he would fire Zach....he gone. Either by resignation or firing. And if he DID know about this shit, then he deserves to get canned.

It's 2018, y'all. The only parson who can disrespect women like that and get away with it is your president.

Is there proof that Smith's ex wife told anyone? Who knows. She probably asked for a pay off and when she didn't get it, she went to the media with her "story". I wonder how much she got for her interview. He wont be gone unless there is proof of a cover up.

Is there proof that Smith's ex wife told anyone? Who knows. She probably asked for a pay off and when she didn't get it, she went to the media with her "story". I wonder how much she got for her interview. He wont be gone unless there is proof of a cover up.

There's all kind of text messages floating around right now

Unless Shelley Meyer comes out and says to the world that she never told Urban because she KNEW that he would fire Zach....he gone. Either by resignation or firing. And if he DID know about this shit, then he deserves to get canned.

It's 2018, y'all. The only parson who can disrespect women like that and get away with it is your president.

You are letting your emotion rule over the logic of the situation

If you are to believe Courtney Smith and the "accusations" then here is a list of people who knew and did nothing, or not enough I guess.

Gainesville PD

Gainesville DA

U of Florida

Earle Bruce

Urban Meyer

Shelly Meyer

Powell PD

Delaware DA

Asst Coach wives

Her parents

His parents

OSU

Her attorneys

his attorneys

Divorce Judge

Now that is a lot of "collusion", swamp level haha.

I am not trying to marginalize Courtney and what she apparently is having to go through, however let the facts evolve and come out. Stop with the pitch fork emotions and lets break this down. Some of it looks damning, but much or it seems counter to the law/facts/OSU's knowledge.

I would hope Urban is not dumb enough to try and Jerry Sandusky level bury something, if he did he deserves to go down with the ship.

Edited by Brandon

Edit: Urb on administrative leave while they investigate...Still doesn't mean he buried it or is guilty yet, the university is going to separate him while they determine what is happening clearly and that it the right move.

ole Gene Smith needs to go. Buddy of mine at work is on Weber's instagram and apparently he is on his 2nd brand new dodge charger. Wonder if the car stuff is going to come up again adventually.

I told my friends that it is Gene's turn to go under it. Tressel took one for the team before. Smith will be under fire before Urban.

This social climate we're in drives me nuts. I get that he's held to a higher standard, but it ain't like ole Urb slapped the lady. If it meant that much to her, then go to the police (and maybe she did). Urb's job is to be a head coach at OSU, not a marriage councilor.

I hope it works out in his favor. We've got championships to win.

This social climate we're in drives me nuts. I get that he's held to a higher standard, but it ain't like ole Urb slapped the lady. If it meant that much to her, then go to the police (and maybe she did). Urb's job is to be a head coach at OSU, not a marriage councilor.

I hope it works out in his favor. We've got championships to win.

Agree 110%

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

This just stinks.....all of it....smells like she tried to extort more money from him because she ran out of her plastic Surgey, porcelain veneers, stupid shit etc money fund and when she didn’t get it, she went to the Media.

Source: former players/friends, coaching staff friends etc that know this situation better than me.

Let’s see how this turns out. I hate to see physical abuse (he should have been canned and charged if he abused her) but extortion was the form of abuse she was able to wield to get back at him.

It's ironic you said that. Tonight I thought, isn't it ironic that as soon as the rumblings from the past start that she calls the police on him. It's almost as if she wanted to fuck him over or was angling for something. It could also be polar opposite, that he beat her for years.

Per 11Warriors, the guy had some serious issues, how was Urban supposed to know about all the Police encounters? I bet someone at OSU knew well before Urban..Smith shoulda been canned long ago for being so unstable.

ZACH SMITH HIRED AT FLORIDA

Urban Meyer hires Zach Smith as a graduate assistant at Florida. Smith played for Meyer at Bowling Green and is the grandson of former Ohio State head coach Earle Bruce, a mentor and father figure to Meyer.

JUNE 21 – ZACH SMITH CHARGED WITH FELONY ASSAULT

Zach Smith arrested and charged with felony assault. Documents show Courtney, then pregnant, told police that Zach “picked her up by grabbing her T-shirt and threw her against the bedroom wall” after a heated argument.

OCT. 21 – COURTNEY SMITH REPORTS BEING FOLLOWED

Courtney Smith told police she felt she was being followed by someone in a black SUV, and shared she was having issues “with her soon to be ex-husband,” a report obtained by Cleveland.com reveals.

OCT. 25 – COURTNEY SMITH REPORTS THREATENING TEXTS

Police were called when Courtney Smith alleged Zach Smith refused to bring his son back to her when it was her time with him. Courtney also said she “has threatening text messages saved on her phone from her husband,” a report obtained by The Lantern reveals.

OCT. 26 – "FELONIOUS ASSAULT" AND "DOMESTIC VIOLENCE" OFFENSES FILED

Police called to the house of Courtney Smith. A police report lists charges of "Domestic Violence" and "Felonious Assault" with Courtney Smith as the victim. Courtney Smith told Powell police she wished to file a restraining order against her husband, a report obtained by Cleveland.com reveals.

NOV. 9 – "MENACING BY STALKING" OFFENSE FILED

Powell Police respond to a call to Courtney's apartment and filed an incident report with an offense of "Menacing by Stalking."

NOV. 10 – RESTRAINING ORDER GRANTED

Courtney Smith was granted a restraining order against Zach, according to Brett McMurphy.

NOV. 12 – DIVORCE FILED

Courtney Smith files for divorce from Zach Smith.

JAN. 5 – COURTNEY SMITH TRAFFIC STOP

Courtney Smith is stopped for speeding and was visibly upset. Courtney told police said “she was having domestic issues with her ex,” a report obtained by The Lantern reveals.

SEPT. 5 – DIVORCE OFFICIAL

Zach Smith and Courtney Smith officially divorce.

DEC. 17 – SMITH ISSUED TRESPASS WARNING

Zach Smith issued a trespass warning after Courtney told police that neighbors caught Zach looking through the windows of Courtney’s home and car, and banging on her door at 1:30 a.m.

MAY 12 – ZACH SMITH CHARGED WITH CRIMINAL TRESPASSING

Zach Smith charged with criminal trespassing at the home of Courtney Smith.

JULY 11 – STALKING AND HARASSMENT REPORT

Courtney Smith files a report that Zach Smith has been “relentlessly stalking” and “harassing” her, a report obtained by The Lantern reveals.

JULY 18 – ZACH SMITH APPEARS IN COURT

Zach Smith appears in court for a criminal trespassing charge.

JULY 20 – CIVIL PROTECTION ORDER FILED

Courtney Smith files a civil protection order against Zach Smith. In the document, Courtney states that Zach “would corner me in my laundry while groping me and pulling his pants down and begging for sex,” and describes hidden cameras she found in her home, which she said were used by Zach to surveil her, their children and her boyfriend, according to The Columbus Dispatch.

JULY 23 – ZACH SMITH FIRED

Zach Smith is fired after a history of domestic violence allegations against Zach Smith surface.

JULY 24 – MEYER SAID HE KNEW ABOUT 2009, BUT NOT 2015

Urban Meyer said he knew about a 2009 incident involving Zach Smith, but was unaware of any 2015 allegations.

JULY 26 – BRIAN HARTLINE HIRED

Ohio State names Brian Hartline interim wide receivers coach after the firing of Zach Smith.

AUG. 1, 2018 – URBAN MEYER PLACED ON ADMINISTRATIVE LEAVE

New report surfaces suggesting Urban Meyer and Ohio State knew about a long history of domestic assault allegations against Zach Smith. Ohio State places Urban Meyer on paid administrative leave and promotes offensive coordinator Ryan Day to interim head coach.