New Supra revealed

Aaron

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to troll here...but when even Toyota isn't shy about the car being pretty much all BMW powertrain, but with Toyota's engine management tuning, should the purists be super excited about this thing being called "Supra"?

Although as I type, you had Subaru help Toyota reintroduce the "AE-86" through co-development of the FRS/BRZ twins.

Not a bad thing to make good cars, but I find the nostalgia being drained significantly as platform sharing becomes more of the norm.

Not trying to troll here...but when even Toyota isn't shy about the car being pretty much all BMW powertrain, but with Toyota's engine management tuning, should the purists be super excited about this thing being called "Supra"?

Although as I type, you had Subaru help Toyota reintroduce the "AE-86" through co-development of the FRS/BRZ twins.

Not a bad thing to make good cars, but I find the nostalgia being drained significantly as platform sharing becomes more of the norm.

I think everyone is pissed that it isn't a supercar like the old MK4 Turbos were.......

:gabe:

I said it in CB, and I'll say it again. The Lexus LFA "feels" more like a Supra than this thing does.

I've never felt one so I cannot comment, but I love me some LFA I've never driven and will never own.

I think everyone is pissed that it isn't a supercar like the old MK4 Turbos were......

:gabe:

:lol: Muffuggin' SupEra.

Not a fan.

That being said, I wasn't a fan of the GT-R in 2008 either. The evolution of the aftermarket on the car eventually made it one of my favorites though.

I don't expect the same to happen with the new Supra, but it would be a pleasant surprise if I were wrong.

I'll have to see it in person. I don't think the camera angles were very flattering. Well, I *hope* it was the camera angles.

I'm curious about how it will drive and the price. Though I think the price will likely be high enough that I'd rather get something more special.

Awful, and yet another concept that the manufacturer teased for way too long. By the time it reaches production, the excitement has passed and the design loses its sexiness thanks to government regulations and real world drivability.

Going to be interesting what the aftermarket does with these things.

https://jalopnik.com/the-2020-toyota-supra-is-finally-here-with-335-hp-does-1831719119?utm_medium=socialflow&utm_source=jalopnik_facebook&utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_facebook&fbclid=IwAR1i4YSmoITaMeSbA5UVXx3G1aQ0Vrb5WyFe7F1vnWrFn76AgVCE63wJwWk

Wonder how long until we see the first 2j swap, the first 1,000 horsepower car, and the first wrecked one.