New Supra revealed

Aaron

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am surprised that people are more angry about the styling than the fact that it doesn't have a toyota engine.

The styling is a bit "anime" for my taste, but it's not entirely ugly. It has a modern RX8 feel to it with the F1 inspired nose. I am surprised that the styling is literally all toyota is contributing to the car though.

the 3.0L bmw powerplant is certainly a capable engine, and one that I am sure is E85 and a tune away from 500 hp, and is the right configuration (I6), it still feels like a compromise that it's not a toyota developed engine.

my prediction? they will sell maybe 1000 of them a year, at a discount after they languish on dealer lots. then some 2nd or 3rd owners will discover they make hellcat levels of power if you run E85 and screw the boost on to the moon, and then everyone is going to want a now discontinued one.

Ttrs, rs3, rs5, rs7.

New rs6 avant coming to us.

Rs4 is.only one missing.

and of those how many are a three pedal manual in the US? yeah, that's what I thought.

In the past all we ever got was the RS4 and RS6 (and not the avant) and not every year, while everyone else got the RS2, RS6 avant, etc....

and of those how many are a three pedal manual in the US? yeah, that's what I thought.

In the past all we ever got was the RS4 and RS6 (and not the avant) and not every year, while everyone else got the RS2, RS6 avant, etc....

How many are in Europe you waste of space?

How many are in Europe you waste of space?

Do you ever get anything right? You just out words down, to hell with reality.

So let's get this straight - Audi is lol for going all automatic, but the moment someone else makes a joke about it suddenly they aren't LOL as you rush to defend them? Pick a lane, take your midol, and sit down.

Nobody really needs to buy an audi ever again anyway. They don't even give us the good RS cars.

So let's get this straight - Audi is lol for going all automatic, but the moment someone else makes a joke about it suddenly they aren't LOL as you rush to defend them? Pick a lane, take your midol, and sit down.

I was reaponding to your post that had nothing to do with the transmission. My response didn't either. They're producing more RS cars for the us than ever before.

The fact we agree that Audi sucks is something I'll have to live with.

I was reaponding to your post that had nothing to do with the transmission. My response didn't either. They're producing more RS cars for the us than ever before.

you don't think it's a little suspicious that only after they go all in on autolol that they start bringing them to the US? It's almost as if Audi be like:

[german accent] "these cars are too special for fat lazy americans and their mcdonalds hamburgers, ja? we better keep them here in Europe. Oh they are all auto now? well let them have the cars so they can drink 40oz cokes and drive the slow 88 kilometers per hour".

I'm not saying anything other than what I posted.

With that said I do think it's ludicrous how mfg decontent manual cars, or only provide manuals in stripped down base motors essentially stacking the deck from the get go, then point ting to the lack of interest in manuals as why they won't bring the others here with a manual.

complete disappointment...the concept shown in Detroit a few years ago was larger and much more smoothed out-like the last gen supra. If you want a z4, buy a z4. too much z4 with some odd rx8 influences at certain angles.

The proportions are just all wrong. I also would not buy a sports car with an auto. I used to demand a stick in my daily but, now that I have a 17 mile trek through tons of traffic, I am glad I switched to an auto. I will say automatics have come along way, I just am not sure a sports car is ever as good with an auto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hey guys! If the 335hp from the 6-cylinder is too much, you can get it in a turbo-4 with less than 200hp! :thumbup:

that has to be Toyota trolling people. There is no way they would release a supra with less hp than a toybaru B86Rz.

it's the bmw B48 engine - the work horse of 320i's and Mini Cooper S's everywhere. Here's the thing:

194 hp and 236 lb-ft of torque

ok, it may be down on hp being an undersquare engine (or for the american car guys - a stroker motor) but it will still feel fast because of all dem torques.

I suspect this combo is a tax dodge for other countries that rate and tax the car on performance (France) and engine displacement (almost all of Asia and England), which it why it isn't being brought here initially (even though the engine already has emissions cert for the us). Here in the US I imagine we will just call it the hairdresser/secretary special.

they are claiming a 243lb weight savings, all off the nose - I wonder what it will do for handling?

for a while I was wondering why the toybaru wasn't turbocharged yet...well this is probably why. 'yota be sandbagging the marketplace knowing their sports car was going to slake the turbo thurst and offer the toybaru fanboi's a legit "upgrade". Sneaky buggers.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-shows/detroit-auto-show/a25904506/2020-toyota-supra-four-cylinder-us-market/

Just saw this article. Kerry called it; looks like the 2.0L is not for the U.S. market.

Overall, I think it's a NOT-BLAND offering from Toyota that will hopefully sell well. Could be worse, boys...the world could be seeing another CUV.

It's not for most of CR, but I hope to see some out at CC&C soon!

manuals :cry: audi :cry

manuals :cry: audi :cry

America voted with their wallets, and they have for decades. Keep it up fatsos and soon it will be nothing but SUVs too (until gas prices go through the roof again lol). With that being said, as fun and awesome as manuals are, new transmission technology is superior to manuals, welcome to the future, bitches.

Cue Not Brian with a "cry about non-manuals started pack".

Which one of you wants to get dragged around 270 first by a DCT?