My wife wanted a new daily, so I ordered...

AudiOn19s

BMW M2 competition.

Yasmin has been daily driving the E55 for 9 years now and wanted something updated and with modern tech. I've been putting way too many miles on the truck and pretty much hating every minute of driving that thing so this works out for me too since I get her "hand-me-down" to start driving :-)

One of my biggest automotive regrets was selling our E46 M3. The hopes here are that the M2 competition is a modern iteration of that car that we miss.

We will get the first 2020 build allocation from Kelly, hopefully to be released in the next 30-60 days. For now we wait for winter to clear and for this bad boy to show up!

Specs:

Alpine White

Black interior with orange deviated stitching

6-speed manual

Executive Package

Moonroof (I was against this but she HAD to have it....girls are dumb)

33152789118_38c7cb7956_c.jpg

<-- super jelly. I love the 2 series, pretty much the only modern BMW that has done anything for me.

Same, I had moved on from the brand completely until the original M2 release a couple of years ago. That car still wasn't quite where I though it would be but the updates on the competition model made it a really attractive car to me.

I hate the idea of buying a new car, have never done it before, but in this case it was the right car.

I looked up that suspension you wanted this morning. Pretty inexpensive for a BMW kit. Its readily available as well.

yeah, since the car has passive dampers none of the options are too expensive. Just trying to decide coilovers vs. a sleeve type kit like KW and Dinan offer.

So, is the E55 for sale now?

I'm going to start driving the E55 so that I can park the truck and quit putting so many miles on it. Save it for towing needs.

That's going to be a GREAT looking car. I went on a test drive in a 2018, not sure of trim or options on it, with a friend and it was a wonderfully fulfilling drive experience wise. Interior was modest but the soul of the entire car came through even for me sitting in the passenger seat. The one he drove wasn't a manual but I can only imagine how much fun it will be. It felt more like the M-Series I remember.

Thank you so much for getting a manual.

Wives-who-drive-manuals-club hi-five.

Hope the diff isn't as retarded as the m3h diff

I cringed as I read expecting the dct and was pleasantly surprised it was manual. 3 way wife German manual high 5!

I cringed as I read expecting the dct and was pleasantly surprised it was manual. 3 way wife German manual high 5!

I still strongly stand by the fact that the PDK in the 997 turbo is the right transmission for that car, but for me...it kills the experience a little.

I don't care how good the dual clutch gearboxes are these days, I'm not buying another one unless I come across a car where that's the only transmission I can get.

fantastic car and congrats!

I am a little curious though....you are ordering it and could have had any color you wanted, and yet you went with BMW lease fleet white. Why? besides not showing dirt as easy was there some practical reason for it (easier to number for track events)? That Long Beach Blue and sunset orange are striking colors, I'm just curious why someone would pass on them for white.

fantastic car and congrats!

I am a little curious though....you are ordering it and could have had any color you wanted, and yet you went with BMW lease fleet white. Why? besides not showing dirt as easy was there some practical reason for it (easier to number for track events)? That Long Beach Blue and sunset orange are striking colors, I'm just curious why someone would pass on them for white.

Personal preference thing...I really like White cars. I feel like White is the perfect way to show off lines and design features. It's bright, easily seen and grabs attention without shouting "look at me" ( I already have a yellow and red car for that). Now couple that with the fact that our old M3 was white and there wasn't even a discussion on color at all.

I don't even think we would have chosen a different color if we had the whole BMW individual catalog available, which it's not for this car.

My GT3 would be white if I had my way...but after 9 months of searching I found the right car in yellow and caved. Our Turbo was destined to be Red but white was the second color on the list.

E46 picture for the heck of it.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=22&pictureid=522

Personal preference thing...I really like White cars. I feel like White is the perfect way to show off lines and design features. It's bright, easily seen and grabs attention without shouting "look at me" ( I already have a yellow and red car for that). Now couple that with the fact that our old M3 was white and there wasn't even a discussion on color at all.

I don't even think we would have chosen a different color if we had the whole BMW individual catalog available, which it's not for this car.

My GT3 would be white if I had my way...but after 9 months of searching I found the right car in yellow and caved. Our Turbo was destined to be Red but white was the second color on the list.

I get it, and I'm not judging. I happen to own an alpine white e90 right now and I despise the paint because it's thin, it scratches and chips easily, and I think it hides some of the more attractive contour lines of the car that a metallic would highlight. But if it is what you are into, then congrats on getting exactly what you wanted. I also feel like your M2 will probably be painted with more care than the churn and burn base model 3 series lease fleet special that I drive.

that black and orange interior though :masturboy: