Who do you trust locally?

timmy43016

Hey All -

I am looking for a GOOD shop/person who can swap chassis on a LR rifle. I have a Tikka T3X CTR and just bought a new chassis (KRG Bravo) and I want to swap them out. I could do it myself...I think. I am not sure if I want to attempt to do so or if there is someone locally that is great at doing a good swap. Suggestions?

Places like LEPD or Black Wing?

Edited by timmy43016
Words

I mean even if you are going to glass bed the a rifle you should be able to do it yourself. Unless I am missing something. Worst I ever had to do was shave off a few MM of plastic in a stock one time to get it to seat correctly.

especially in the bolt action like you are talking its usually just one or two screws that hold the entire action in and it slides out.

I vote DIY! I think you got it!

HA! I thought I would be able to do it myself. I think I just needed the validation.

Chassis arrived right after I posted this and it doesn't look all that crazy (no glass bedding required). I think I will sit down and have at it. I will post pics for shits n giggles once I get it on.

I mean even if you are going to glass bed the a rifle you should be able to do it yourself. Unless I am missing something. Worst I ever had to do was shave off a few MM of plastic in a stock one time to get it to seat correctly.

especially in the bolt action like you are talking its usually just one or two screws that hold the entire action in and it slides out.

I vote DIY! I think you got it!

I'm with you on this. A buddy of mine just did his on his Tikka, worked out well. Hell of a rifle too!!!!