groomsmen gifts

HotCarl

For those of you who have gotten them, what are the best ones you've received?

Any ideas or advice for someone who's currently shopping for his groomsman gifts?

I've narrowed it down to embroidered soft coolers with each guys name on it, seems like something useful but not set on it just yet.

Yeti can coozie with my initials - Awesome and still use it today

Suit for the wedding - way better than paying for a suit, used it for 5 or so years

watch - meh its a watch i don't wear anymore

I gave my groomsmen bottles of likker, i think they liked it, who knows

I paid for their tux rentals. I think they appreciated that more than a gift.

^ This is a solid idea.

I fucking hate paying so much to rent a tux. Think about it.....hundreds of dollars to BORROW clothes for a day? Crazy. Then again, everything about a wedding is typically priced at ridiculous rates, simply because they can.

My favorite gift was a large beer mug engraved with my initials. Simple and cheap, yet awesome.

I got a massive 32oz beer mug with a little metal engraved plaque on it with my name and stuff. That's pretty awesome. Then I got a really nice money clip with my initials. Even if I were the money clip type, my initials are BJ so I wouldn't really sport that around.

I gave engraved pocket knives to my groomsmen. I received a flask for one wedding. Honestly paying for the tux or hotel is a better gift in my opinion. The last wedding I was in, the tux cost me $250, the hotel $200 plus gas to and back from Cleveland. I’m glad my friend got married but it was a hit cost wise.

Agreed with paying for their tux or a room. I was my best friend's best man. I was broke for about six to seven months because of the party and the tux. And all I got was a last minute engraved money holder