Best way to sell car online now?

Trouble Maker

I don't sell or buy cars that often, so I'm pretty out of the loop. I searched but could only find 1 thread from 2016.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125648

Does the still hold true, or whats the latest and greatest way to sell?

This is for a 2013 Volt, so relatively speaking pretty normal; nothing with a unique following our super cheap car territory.

Facebook market has been mine/friends go to

That said I was targeting a cheap (poor) demographic with flip cars/parts.

Now that said, I still feel as if it is a viable option, being free and easily accessible, its somewhat easy to vett someone via FB anymore. If they looked to sketchy on there I would avoid selling/buying with them in the past.

Local buy/sell/trade groups were hot for me for a minute too with cheap cars.

Get it detailed and some good pics. Oh wait..... :)

Side note, I'll also be offering a $100 Voucher to Jesse that he can extend to the NEW owner regardless of them being a CR Member or not good towards my top three correction packages, the Premium Enhancement Polish, Elite Enhancement Correction or my Signature Level Perfection offering. Jesse will also receive the first 24 photos of both interior and exterior as part of my Clean & Prep for Sale or Trade offering he took advantage of having done.

His thunder to let out, but the car he is selling is a really nice Chevy Volt that peeps here on CR Should take a look at. This baby will polish out fantastic too as the color is really nice. Silver Topaz Metallic which is a very light silver/green metallic.

Sorry to thread jack Jesse. Nice car though for sure. More pics on Friday. Cell phone Sneak-Peak pic here.

Edited by TTQ B4U

Sounds like here, work and FBM is the ticket. I'll keep CL in my back pocket in case I don't get some good interest over the weekend. I don't care about the $5, it just sounds like it didn't fix any of the issues over there as most people here are still not suggesting it.

That will get most people i'd think. also take it to carmax and see what they offer you and see if its what you'd want?

I sat there once for 20 minutes once for a quote before I left empty handed while everyone working there looked like they were super busy playing candy crush on their phones. That place feels like the reception room for hell that Satan wasn't even clever enough to design that well. Whoever made it feel like a non-sanitary hospital despite being clean should win some kind of award. I hope they never run out of brownish tinted lighting or they are going to completely lose the feel of the place.

His thunder to let out, but the car he is selling is a really nice Chevy Volt that peeps here on CR Should take a look at.

Not stealing any thunder at all, it's good to get some pre-movement on it. I already got 1 PM about it. :)

I sat there once for 20 minutes once for a quote before I left empty handed while everyone working there looked like they were super busy playing candy crush on their phones. That place feels like the reception room for hell that Satan wasn't even clever enough to design that well. Whoever made it feel like a non-sanitary hospital despite being clean should win some kind of award. I hope they never run out of brownish tinted lighting or they are going to completely lose the feel of the place.

:lolguy: Just drop the car off for the estimate and then go get dinner, come back 2-3 hours later and get your quote and car.

I got a quote from Car Max once and they definitely had the process figured out pretty well. Dropped it off, wandered around best buy for 45 mins, they texted and I went back. Overall it was laid out well but their offer was laughably low, even taking into consideration wholesale prices.

But hey, I get it. If somebody walks in and IS willing to sell you a car for $3k which you could turn around and resell for $10k....Person that sold it is happy because they had a easy transaction and re-buyer is happy because just netted a few grand.

Post it in the Corral on CR - Free

Post it on Facebook Marketplace - Free

Post it on Craigslist - $5

That will get most people i'd think. also take it to carmax and see what they offer you and see if its what you'd want?

C list charges now?

As much as I hate to say it, I have had the best luck later with FBM and offer up for selling.

Posted to here and FBM on Friday morning, waiting for the posting police at work to approve it. Zero movement so far, so I posted to CL.

Did I price this thing wrong? I know I might be a bit on the high end, but it is very clean and shows well in the pictures and in person. Maybe it's just a little more unique as far a buyers than I thought and it will take the right person?

Has anyone ever done the boosted listings on FBM?