“What is it Worth” 1983 380sl

STEVE-O

Old co-worker of mine has a 1983 MB 380sl is pretty darn good shape.

Needs some minor things but here is the kicker on why I Have a blank here

It has a sticking odo that has made the title Branded since 2009

What does the CR consensus say that it would be worth?? I don’t deal with Mb at all but I know these are collectible even with a branded title

R107s are climbing in value, but prices are all over the place. A branded title certainly won’t help increase the value of any car, especially a Mercedes. The 380sl is definately the bastard child of the 107 chassis. With that being said if it’s a rust free running car in good condition that runs well, $4000 would be a good starting point. Condition and pedigree is where the value is.

R107s are climbing in value, but prices are all over the place. A branded title certainly won’t help increase the value of any car, especially a Mercedes. The 380sl is definately the bastard child of the 107 chassis. With that being said if it’s a rust free running car in good condition that runs well, $4000 would be a good starting point. Condition and pedigree is where the value is.

This is the ballpark on what I was feeling but kind of roughly pulled that value from the back of thin air

I don’t think I am going to make this deal happen as poor bastard has dumped way more money into it than that even though he never drives it

Appreciate the bit of insight

just as an addition, I wouldn't touch an R107 without the euro bumpers and headlights. That is the desirable setup and people spend for that specific look. There are enough euro imports and the parts are reproduced so there are enough of them out there that you can be choosy.

I have to be honest, the R107 doesn't have the looks of the 190's or the Pagoda's, nor do they have the legendary reliable of an old diesel mercedes. they also made them for 18 years and they aren't rare in the slightest. I feel like the R129 will end up being more iconc and collectible before the R107 really increases in significant value.

This is the ballpark on what I was feeling but kind of roughly pulled that value from the back of thin air

I don’t think I am going to make this deal happen as poor bastard has dumped way more money into it than that even though he never drives it

Appreciate the bit of insight

And you will continue to dump money into it. The last owner of my 380 dumped $33,000 in well documented repairs from the early 2000s to 2016. He drove it from 90,000 miles to 128,000 and sold it to me for $1000 because the engine had developed a knock. They are better than r129 which are total piles of shit.