2016 Mustang GT - Derek's Ride get's the Business

TTQ B4U

So many of saw Derek's Mustang that he and his wife added to their stable a few months back. It's a great looking 2016 GT that he's since done a few things with.

Anyway, his plans for the car were to get it cleaned up and coated so that going forward it would be easier to clean. It was loaded with swirls but the good thing is white tends to mask them and he wasn't so much concerned with that aspect of it as he was the cleaning ability going forward.

The that were present are what causes the finish to NOT "pop" or reflect like well so diminishing them considerably would not only help the overall appearance, but when it comes to coatings, one of the key aspects to having a hydrophobic dirt and water resistant property is to level it out as best possible. No different than any surface.

All that said, we opted for the following:

The coating packages I put together included 2 layers but there's a third layer of a secondary coating that is also offered that I gear towards cars that sit outside or get exposed to a lot of fallout. Doing the entire car with this third layer wasn't what he was looking to do but I was able to put it on all the horizontal surfaces to help protect against tree sap and other contaminants that are prone to these surfaces.

I started later in the morning and mother nature didn't give me enough sunlight at the end to get great pics or many at all but here are a handful. These however don't do it justice. It looks stunning in person with the black and white contrasts and the surface is so smooth and hydrophobic, I can't wait to show him and his wife when they get here.

Lastly, later on I'll add a cold start video as Derek absolutely nailed the exhaust. This one sounds awesome and without being too loud and no rasp.

Anyway, off to the pics because she is looking "Purrrdy":

original.jpg

The gloss black wheels look great on this car

original.jpg

The trim coating will not only keep it's dark look as if it was freshly dressed but will help shed the bugs, etc. better.

original.jpg

original.jpg

Reflective Surfaces Baby!

original.jpg

original.jpg

In my garage for the night awaiting Pick up on Sunday

original.jpg

Thanks again for trusting in my work Derek. You set the standard for service and reliability here on CR so I hope to follow in those same footsteps!

Edited by TTQ B4U

Great idea on the license plate cover for pics, is that magnetic? Gives the customer privacy, (lots of people don't want their plate blasted all over the internet, even though it's out in any parking lot or road) lets you show off the quality of your work and promotes your brand. Awesome job

Great idea on the license plate cover for pics, is that magnetic? Gives the customer privacy, (lots of people don't want their plate blasted all over the internet, even though it's out in any parking lot or road) lets you show off the quality of your work and promotes your brand. Awesome job

Thanks! Home-made not printed professionally like they do on dealer ones but I may go that route later. I always remove the plates when detailing so it's easy enough to just finger tighten in the screws on these to hold it in place. Like you said, a little more exposure to the business name with the added benefit of a bit of privacy.

+1. Noticed that too. Great idea, Tim!

...because when your rockstar pics ARE blasted over the intarwebz, at least you can get some free advertising.

Thanks again for trusting in my work Derek. You set the standard for service and reliability here on CR so I hope to follow in those same footsteps!

Thanks bro it means alot. You did a killer job on the car!