CoronaVirus

Forrest Gump 9

There you go insinuating that people should die so the economy can open up. disgusting.

There you go putting your words in place of mine. People die Kerry. We drive cars , sell food, do and are exposed to lots of things that cause illness and death. The next time we open a golden arches ill remind the franchise owner they are about to kill people just to make a living.

What does it matter that they were "very old people"? do you think they don't diserve to live?

Your approach is laughable.

Tim, personally do to fit your narrative of "they were old they were going to die anyway" that somehow doesn't keep you up at night.

No.

But please don't spare us the theatrics of you denying that you don't think people should die from this easily presentable thing while advocating that people should die so you can get a haircut.

My theatrics? You're the drama queen and script writer dude. I already have a source for haircuts too.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do understand there will be severe limitations initially. What I don't trust is the public's ability to use common sense. Go sit in a Lowe's parking lot right now and just watch people. It's ridiculous.

This. So much unessential crap being done all because people are, well, stubborn.

There you go insinuating that people should die so the economy can open up. disgusting.

What does it matter that they were "very old people"? do you think they don't diserve to live?

Earlier this month the numbers in NYC were 40% of confirmed cases in the 18-44 age range. That's more young people than old.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/young-people-coronavirus-new-york-city-percentage-patients-covid-19-symptoms-dying-hospitalizations/

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-01/coronavirus-in-young-people-ny-patients-skew-younger-some-die

Accuracy issues with the anti-body testing notwithstanding, it seems that this is just an across the board increase in the number that seem to have been infected. It doesn't speak to any information about the age groups.

Assuming that antibody testing would skew old is not just baseless, it's something that you, Tim, personally do to fit your narrative of "they were old they were going to die anyway" that somehow doesn't keep you up at night.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/23/nyregion/coronavirus-new-york-update.html?type=styln-live-updates&label=new%20york%20&index=1&action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage#link-6bcc6a71

But please don't spare us the theatrics of you denying that you don't think people should die from this easily presentable thing while advocating that people should die so you can get a haircut.

Didn't you go to Lowe's 3 or 4 times and to an ATM in one day for a grill this week? So you're willing to risk spreading it to others for an unessential grill but want to come here and judge others? You're willing for folks to die so you can cook outside rather than inside but want to act superior online? Interesting. The epitome of hypocrisy, but interesting.

"You're wrong because you want a haircut but it's ok for me to make several unnecessary trips to the same packed store and other places for a grill because I'm stubborn!" Just...lol.

Please, for all of us, get off your high horse.

Is one of those chronic health conditions being a tubby lard bucket? (Ohio looks around nervously).

I feel attacked. :lol:

Good news, guys...all you need to do is ingest some disinfectant and go to a tanning booth to take care of all this COVID-19 silliness. Also, let the light of the Sun shine from within.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/trump-suggests-injecting-disinfectant-shining-uv-light-inside-patients-to-kill-coronavirus-in-bizarre-rambling-tangent/

Why does anyone let Trump talk off-script?

We need to ramp up testing, we need to allow herd immunity to happen, we need the world to wear a mask when out in public, we need to diligently work towards a vaccine etc.

We need to open this motherfucker up.

The above are both 100% valid and NOT mutually exclusive statements.

The social distancing measures were never intended to stop the virus, just slow it down. We have done that. In most cases the demand on hospitals never reached an overflow beyond what the system could take. That’s all good news due to local, state and federal governments. Of course we will never hear the good news in the media because that doesn’t sell like panic.

Not sure if this link has been posted here but just another one I like to keep my eye on...the R0 and right now Ohio is looking good. We were at 1.6 just a few days ago.

https://rt.live/

good link, very interesting to see what happened in NY and NJ vs here. I'm not sure if all the numbers are so low because of quarantine or if the virus just isn't as bad as everyone thought from the beginning.

good link, very interesting to see what happened in NY and NJ vs here. I'm not sure if all the numbers are so low because of quarantine or if the virus just isn't as bad as everyone thought from the beginning.

I think with any of these charts and graphs that only so much faith can be put into them. There's just not enough testing going on to get a halfway decent idea of what's out there. You can't do a couple thousand tests a day in a state of 11M and get an accurate picture. Also...the criteria to even get a test skews the results. I still watch all the graphs but more for amusement than an actual snap shot.

Yeah I was going to say, who did Kansas piss off? But I can't imagine they're doing a lot of testing in Kansas.

In 2 days they went from 39 cases a day to 271. Looks like they increased testing and also had a back log of tests that were reported.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.kansascity.com/news/coronavirus/article242233111.html

Didn't you go to Lowe's 3 or 4 times and to an ATM in one day for a grill this week? So you're willing to risk spreading it to others for an unessential grill but want to come here and judge others? You're willing for folks to die so you can cook outside rather than inside but want to act superior online? Interesting. The epitome of hypocrisy, but interesting.

"You're wrong because you want a haircut but it's ok for me to make several unnecessary trips to the same packed store and other places for a grill because I'm stubborn!" Just...lol.

Please, for all of us, get off your high horse.

When the shelter in place order came out The wife and I instituted a plan and a set of protocols:

- we moved grocery shopping to a 2 week schedule. 1 person goes out, we do as much curbside pickup as we can choosing not to go into the store unless it is necessary.

- mask and gloves for any outside contact. masks are homemade out of vacuum HEPA filters since we couldn't get N95s. Latex gloves when we go in the store get put in the trash can on the way out and not brought into the car. The wife is mildly immunocompromised due to medication she takes so we have to take these precautions.

- All of our cars have antibacterial wipes. When we have to use our cards they get wiped down with an antibacterial wipe before they go back in the wallet. I've only used an ATM once under lock down and I wiped it down before touching anything and put on a latex glove (that got thrown out after using the ATM).

- we count out contact with strangers. Kid is down to 0 contact with strangers. The closest she comes is her and the neighbor kid sit on our respective lawns (easily over 100ft apart) and play by yelling across to each other, or when we take an exercise walk and she knows to be on the other side of the street. Wife is down to 0-1 per week, she has one perscription we can't get delivered and she has to pick up in person. I am down to 2-3 people a week because I am the designated person that goes to the store.

- for food we have our own set of protocols: at curbside if the attendant doesn't have a mask they can't get within 6 feet of the car. We decided to do pickup rather than have food delivered because we didn't want the entrance way to our house to become a portal for strangers to stand and touch things. I watched a food delivery person hock a big loogie into the neighbor's bushes and wipe his mouth on his sleve before delivering food at the beginning of this and decided I'd rather avoid that all together. Also my neighbor is undergoing kemo right now and in bad shape and I don't want to put strangers near his door since our driveways are siamese.

I have listed this out in case anyone wants to adopt some of these measure in their own plan.

I told you the Lowes story for a couple of reasons. We use our grill for at least 1/3 of our cooking, even in winter, so to go without it was a significant adjustment to our lifestyle. It may not be essential but it isn't a leasure item either. Still we waited till the next shopping cycle and I went. I also needed a few other items because we have a toilet that was running and the seal around the shower had begun to leak and ruin the ceiling, but the main misson was the grill.

I was pissed that I violated my own protocols to get it. I thought it would be an easy curbside pickup, but lowes bungled that and I had to go in the store. They also had me waiting a significant amount of time in the store. I should have walked away when it was apparent they couldn't do it easy and curbside. I should have walked a way when the stock guy hung me out to dry for 30 minutes while he got one out of stock, I should have walked away when their credit card machine went down (one of the reasons I foudn out later I couldn't pay online - it was company wide) and I had to leave to go to an ATM (across the parking lot). I am pissed because I got target fixated when things started to incrementally go downhill.

I am also kind of pissed at lowes for their poor management of things. Most of their employees didn't have masks. While they were managing the door and restricting the number of people in the store they didn't lock down the garden center and people were sneaking in that way.

I was not thrilled to see how the other customers were interacting in the store. I watched customers push past other customers more than once. Although it is a big store more than once another customer came close to me and I had to move. waiting 30 minutes for some stock guy to get something out of stock meant I was constantly walking around the store instead of being parked somewhere out of the way.

The lesson I learned from this is that what the state is doing is the correct course of action. Not everyone is prepared for this or has a plan, but at least they are doing something to help and it has shown to have a measurable effect.

Regarding Tim and his bullshit - I am not on his case because of his management of his own exposure risk. He could run through walmart naked licking all the door knobs on the way in and out for all I care. People are adults and they can manage their own risk. This virus is agressive and if you don't take it seriously you run a high risk of contracting it, it's almost karmic (but still extremely sad) to read in the paper about the "this is a hoax" zealouts contract it and either get really sick or die from it.

What I don't like is that he keeps making this argument that there is an acceptable loss of life attached to this pandemic and since we are below that we as a society should take an unnecessary risk and potentially expose more people when all of the scientific, medical, and political communities disagree fundamentally. It boils down to trading human life for money, and honestly if it was just a shitty opinion that he kept to himself fine, but he's sharing some really ugly rhetoric across all the social media platforms he is on.

He is free to speak his opinion, just as I am free to call him an amoral scumbag for valuing money over human life. Yes the economy is in bad straights, yes everyone wants to see it open up. But opening it prematurly will lead to a much greater and unnecessary loss of life, and justifying that loss of life as "natural selection", "just part of the risk we take every day", "acceptable risk to preserve the american way of life", or "the old and vulnerable should scrafice themeselves for their kids future" is a very dangerous brand of bullshit, and being part of the social media churn that keeps this bullshit afloat is garbage.

Kerry let me understand this. If you have a public interaction schedule for your yourself then its ok to go out in public when needed? You were so unhappy about lowe's distancing that you stood in line to buy a grill.

Waiting for protesting about how Sweden and Israel is handling things regarding corona.

It may not be essential but it isn't a leasure item either.

You're right, it's not essential, which absolutely makes it a leisure item. Regardless of how you prefer to cook you have viable means to do so in several other ways. You PREFER to grill (as do we) but you don't HAVE to grill. That is literally a "want".

He is free to speak his opinion, just as I am free to call him an amoral scumbag for valuing money over human life.

This is where the hypocrisy comes into play and you said yourself you went back numerous times and ventured out for a grill just because you're "stubborn" (to use your term). You also stood there waiting for a non-essential item and went back and forth at least 3 times per your telling of the story as I recall and while doing so stood there judging others for their actions as well. :lol:

Like I said in CB when you ranted to everyone about how crowded Lowe's was: this is (still, kinda) a free country and I personally don't care where you go or for what. We all have the freedom to do as we please. Some decisions have favorable consequences and some don't. You made a decision to go out into public to get a "want" and that's fine. It's just very unbecoming (and, again, hypocritical) for you to then say, "but please don't spare us the theatrics of you denying that you don't think people should die from this easily presentable thing while advocating that people should die so you can get a haircut," especially when you go out because you're stubborn and want a grill while still collecting a paycheck and lambasting those worried about being able to earn income.

Your grill is no more essential than anyone's haircut and you know it. You'll never admit it but deep down inside you know it's true. ;)

We now return you to your regularly schedule 'rona thread.

Regarding Tim and his bullshit - I am not on his case because of his management of his own exposure risk

don't pull my name into your arguments about your actions. you got called out just like I do, don't deflect to me. this is your shit dude.

What I don't like is that he keeps making this argument <snip> .....It boils down to trading human life for money, and honestly if it was just a shitty opinion that he kept to himself fine, but he's sharing some really ugly rhetoric across all the social media platforms he is on.
You're lying to yourself if you don't think the entire world and just about everything we do in society isn't tied to risks and lives in place of money and convenience. You argue the points that center around that very thing in just about every liberal thread you participate in. Everything from war and oil, the economy to climate change and even the food you eat and the health of yourself and others to gov't policy is tide to trading life, money, risk and reward. Please..... You don't like that I'm here and willing to tell it like it is and IMO it likely does personally bother you but then you likely also feel guilty because you participate in life and society just like the rest of us. I just don't let it eat me up inside or try and play some act on CR like you do insinuating that your shit doesn't stink. It does.

My problem with the "Liberate" people like Tim is that it's a self-serving bitchfest. It does nothing to help our situation, except show people how selfish they are and irritate people around them.

They're not writing to DeWine's office or their state rep. They aren't stupid enough to run around thinking there's fruit to be gathered in the marketplace from a business standpoint, but they also don't have the balls to run around without a mask to support their stance that COVID-19 is a Dem plot to undermine Trump.

The CR people I see on FB trying to man-splain Trump's comments from yesterday are ridiculous, using grade-school child's logic of "Well, maybe Trump is right because he said the doctors are going to test the UV light on people" open-ended argument shows no common sense, and no free-thinking. Sad!