CoronaVirus

Forrest Gump 9

Chris, I'm good at reading a room: There's a difference between people that own a business and/or have close friends and family negatively affected from the economic shutdown, concerned for their personal interests...and social-media warriors that throw around second-rate articles and dubious info sources to support a counter-argument where no one wins.

The second group of people are like cold, runny oatmeal.

As a Republican, I'm embarassed by the ignorant masses that back Trump blindly, at the same time humbled by many Democrat friends that have no problem supporting DeWine and praising the job that he and Ohio are doing. I wouldn't have to say anything if I felt "my team" was moving forward in a positive direction for our country.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being alive and able to earn that cash and not dead or on your back sick is essential to ALL.

I risk life and limb every time I go out to work. I even have an illness that causes me to be mostly bed bound except that I have to man up every day and go work the best I can a few hours then back to bed. Now the .gov shut down the fucking planet and took what little work I can do away by default.

I haven't taken disability even though I qualify, I want to go forward and fight the good fight everyday and maybe even still make some of my goals, mostly a better future for my children. I can't care about everyone else around me, at the end of the day.

I risk life and limb every time I go out to work. I even have an illness that causes me to be mostly bed bound except that I have to man up every day and go work the best I can a few hours then back to bed. Now the .gov shut down the fucking planet and took what little work I can do away by default.

I haven't taken disability even though I qualify, I want to go forward and fight the good fight everyday and maybe even still make some of my goals, mostly a better future for my children. I can't care about everyone else around me, at the end of the day.

I'm very sorry to hear that, seriosuly my heart goes out to you.

And I get it, both my brother and his wife are out of work with 3 kids and because they were both 1099 employees they don't qualify for unemployment in NY. We gave them a good chunk of the house money we saved to get them through the next couple of months.

I work in the financial industry and I've not slept well since february - trying to keep up with all the laws and orders to protect customers to make sure they are in place as soon as possible, plus expanding the debt releif and foreberance programs and I still worry it's not enough to help them. I would very much like the economy to open up if for no other reason that I would like to sleep again - I don't want to worry about how bad people are going to be affected by this.

And yet, all the financial experts and the medical experts projections show that if we open too early and we are not careful it could get far worse than we have had it already. More people would die and the economy won't recover. This isn't just them throwing darts against the wall, there is historical precident for this going all the way back to the spanish flu.

The only thing I can say is - apply for whatever assistance you can get. Manage your health risk ask best you can and take the disease very seriously because it is. Make the tradeoffs you can afford to make. I am pretty sure you can get of disability if you return to work later so its not permanenet.

How fucking stupid do you have to be to believe you can inject lysol.

He asked the question about ultraviolet light and was told by dr. birx that wouldn't work. Did he refute the fact, I don't think so.

So how may times has the media taken medical advice from other presidents.

Has the media and the left gone that fucking stupid ..not ignorant..but stupid!!!!!!!!

Jezzzus

First of all, there are people that stupid, guaranteed.

I think overall you're missing the point though. Answer a couple of these, or at least think on them for a minute, perhaps imagine the final jeopardy music playing in the background.

When was the last time:

- A president offered medical advice (let's not forget this isn't the first time Donnie has this month).

- A president has been so completely in the dark and ill-prepared for national press conference that he first poses a question to medical staff live on tv ("Does UV light kill it"?)

The conversation SHOULD ABSOLUTELY be about the crazy nonsense the president says, rather than about how stupid people must be to believe the stupid things the president says.

I really shouldn't bring my rant here. I'm just a mental case (more than usual) with all this and my wife and I have been through way to much in the past twenty years and are extremely focused on trying to make things better for our children.

First of all, there are people that stupid, guaranteed.

I think of tide pods.

My theory is that the president is trolling to some degree. Not because he's a genius because he's not, but rather there are PR people involved and I don't understand why but they always want the Republican playing stupid. I think this time it's dangerous.

Same thing with Bush except he portrayed an idiot cowboy

My theory is that the president is trolling to some degree. Not because he's a genius because he's not, but rather there are PR people involved and I don't understand why but they always want the Republican playing stupid. I think this time it's dangerous.

Same thing with Bush except he portrayed an idiot cowboy

If he's trolling, then it was a bad job and terrible timing. Plus, his explanation today was in some ways WORSE than his comments yesterday...and show even more that he's not sure how all of this works.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/trump-claims-his-comments-on-injecting-disinfectant-were-sarcastic/

If he's being sarcastic, his humor sucks. He's the Dane Cook of presidents. No one was laughing, least of all Donnie.

Scary thing? He's not trolling, he's just that clueless...and ultimately doesn't care as long as he can talk his way out of looking bad (in his mind).

3 Things Don should've figured out by now:

1) Stop talking off script.

2) Trust the people around you to do a good job. Communicate your expectations.

3) Own up to the ups and downs like a real leader does.

How fucking stupid do you have to be to believe you can inject lysol.

He asked the question about ultraviolet light and was told by dr. birx that wouldn't work. Did he refute the fact, I don't think so.

So how may times has the media taken medical advice from other presidents.

Has the media and the left gone that fucking stupid ..not ignorant..but stupid!!!!!!!!

Jezzzus

Dude...the media is reporting on what he said. CNN didn't make up that conversation...those were the suggestions of the president himself because, you know, he's interested in this stuff. Instead of blaming the media for Trump's stupid comments, he shouldn't present bad information on a Coronavirus Task Force briefing as the leader of the USA.

It's not the media's fault that Lysol had to come out and remind global consumers to not ingest disinfectants. People have died because of what Trump muses (see: hydroxychloroquine).

Mace, don't blame anyone else for what Trump says himself.

If he's trolling, then it was a bad job and terrible timing.

If he's being sarcastic, his humor sucks. He's the Dane Cook of presidents. No one was laughing, least of all Donnie.

3) Own up to the ups and downs like a real leader does.

Agree on all three points. Again, I think he just had an off-script Biden moment thinking about the points about ultraviolet light or whatever but his lips were moving with the talk of disinfectants and he fucked it up.

He really does need to just own it and learn to laugh at himself. If he simply did that he'd come across more real and extinguish part of the media's talking points. Instead he just throws more gas on them. Either way it's comical and typical Trump.

I truly don't buy his sarcasm excuse or whatever he was trying to sell. As you note, if that was the case it was the worse play on humor and sarcasm he's had in a while. Who knows, every organization has higher ups that don't listen or see things.

Regardless, the internet is having a field day with LOL Memes and it's lessened the talk of Armageddon that we've seen poured on thick lately so I'll take that for a Friday.

It's not the media's fault that Lysol had to come out and remind global consumers to not ingest disinfectants. That was Trump's suggestion.

In all fairness, I've watched the media's presentation of this and the above is also not a fair statement. He never suggested or implied viewers inject or ingest anything. That's a stretch and just fuel for his fire of fake-news talk. They don't care though as both sides play a game of no take-backs on things said and live with the fact that people hear what they want to hear. Honestly, if anyone anywhere regardless of their source of inspiration is doing either with any type of disinfectant (remember the tide pod challenge numb-nuts) then let Darwin take over and rid the earth of them. No cares given here for them. Stupid people play the games and win prizes too.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/24/revealed-leader-group-peddling-bleach-cure-lobbied-trump-coronavirus

Apparently, he didn't just get confused about UV light, or make it up by talking off script on the fly, but he's been actively lobbied by nut jobs that are selling this as an actual cure, and before he said this in front of the world those nut jobs claimed to have reached the President directly.

Are we surprised that a guy who buys into every Alex Jones conspiracy theory would buy this crap and peddle it on TV as possibly the next breakthrough cure of the week?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Watch a full unedited replay. He didn't tell people to drink or inject those things. That's a stretch, folks.

Let's not forget though, I don't recall him specifically telling anyone to ingest the same hydroxychloroquine used to treat bacterial infections in aquarium fish, but there's at least one dude dead because he did exactly that. There's a track record here, and its safe to say that those who respect the president's commentary and take what he says at face value stretch it on their own.

Let's not forget though, I don't recall him specifically telling anyone to ingest the same hydroxychloroquine used to treat bacterial infections in aquarium fish, but there's at least one dude dead because he did exactly that. There's a track record here, and its safe to say that those who respect the president's commentary and take what he says at face value stretch it on their own.

Let me fix your hydroxychloroquine explanation from drugs.com :

http://www.drugs.com/hydroxychloroquine.html

Mar 17, 2019 · Hydroxychloroquine is a quinoline medicine used to treat or prevent malaria, a disease caused by parasites that enter the body through the bite of a mosquito. Malaria is common in areas such as Africa, South America, and Southern Asia. This medicine is not effective against all strains of malaria.

The quote is the same method used by the mainstream media

Let me fix your hydroxychloroquine explanation from drugs.com :

http://www.drugs.com/hydroxychloroquine.html

Mar 17, 2019 · Hydroxychloroquine is a quinoline medicine used to treat or prevent malaria, a disease caused by parasites that enter the body through the bite of a mosquito. Malaria is common in areas such as Africa, South America, and Southern Asia. This medicine is not effective against all strains of malaria.

The quote is the same method used by the mainstream media

Yo dog. You seem to be confused and in need of an explanation here, not me. Yer boi Donnie said chloroquine (identified by him as a drug used to treat malaria) showed great potential for treating the 'ol rona. A couple regular rocket surgeons in Phoenix decided that the chemical they had on hand to treat their fish tank would be, ya know, close enough. It was actually chloroquine phosphate, they decided to enjoy a couple scoops over their cheerios which killed the guy and put the wife in the hospital.

Thems the facts, as I recall. Here's some mainstreamy media type stuff for you to ignore:

https://www.fda.gov/animal-veterinary/product-safety-information/fda-letter-stakeholders-do-not-use-chloroquine-phosphate-intended-fish-treatment-covid-19-humans

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/03/24/820512107/man-dies-woman-hospitalized-after-taking-form-of-chloroquine-to-prevent-covid-19

Trump nor anyone is even remotely responsible in any way for a dumb fuck idiot ingesting aquarium shit nor anyone who would drink a disinfectant. Dumb people do dumb shit and die. Only they are to blame.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Trump nor anyone is even remotely responsible in any way for a dumb fuck idiot ingesting aquarium shit nor anyone who would drink a disinfectant. Dumb people do dumb shit and die. Only they are to blame.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Agreed mostly on direct "responsibility" here, dummies gonna dumb and the fact is this Phoenix dude may well have been taken out soon enough by forgetting to breathe or something similarly hazardous. However, the lesson here is that talking out of his ass has consequences, and Donnie should probably not even hint around the edges of providing medical advice in an effort to grasp at some straws of positivity.

I apologize.. I didn't here of that dumbass

Here's my take on stupid people, thin out the herd asap.

These are the same ones testing while scooting down the road, not looking both ways before crossing the street, pulling wheelies at 70 mph on the freeway,,,etc,

I call on Darwin for natural selection.

ps. let's add the asses that cruise the passing lane and won't move out of the way

I apologize.. I didn't here of that dumbass

Here's my take on stupid people, thin out the herd asap.

These are the same ones testing while scooting down the road, not looking both ways before crossing the street, pulling wheelies at 70 mph on the freeway,,,etc,

I call on Darwin for natural selection.

ps. let's add the asses that cruise the passing lane and won't move out of the way

You probably should add the people texting at red lights......that aren't red anymore.

Where's the article that says that just because you have antibodies, you cannot be infected again?

Is it by the same source that said you can only get The Flu once in your lifetime?

https://www.10tv.com/article/no-evidence-coronavirus-survivors-who-have-antibodies-cant-be-reinfected-who-says-2020-apr