CoronaVirus

Forrest Gump 9

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a lot of folks in here don't know how to multitask while driving.

This.

Personally I've done all that stuff everyday for the past 15 years just fine and in the last few my job requires me to do most of it to continue to work while I drive. Nothing like TeamViewer at 70mph

I guess some are never going to be happy with stay at home orders and some are never going to feel safe opening back up. I don't think anyone thinks we can do this forever. We have to get back at it at some point. It's not going to be 100% safe for a long time so we're going to open up under less than optimal conditions either way. I do wish testing and PPE were in better shape and I do think 2 more weeks would make a substantial difference but at the same time it will mostly boil down to people's actions how successful we are after opening up regardless of when it is. I'm fortunate that I don't have to go anywhere so things for us won't change much. I just hope others control themselves and this doesn't blow back up.

Good update from DeWine and Acton today!

May 1st:

- Healthcare - elective procedures/operations, dentist, veterinarian

May 4th:

- Manufacturing/Distribution/Construction (social distancing, extra cleaning)

- General Offices

May 12th:

- Consumer, retail, services

Still no guidance for restaurants, bars, beauty/barber shops. Stay-at-home and 10 people/gathering max are still in place.

I keep hearing of people trying to keep cutting hair out of their houses, which obviously sounds like a terrible idea. Mother in law just last night asked my wife if she thought it was a bad idea to go to her hair stylists' house. She was facetiming and her mom said "Lady who cuts my hair called and asked if I wanted to schedule an appointment at her house. She said she's wiping everything down and has essential oil diffusers going everywhere, but do you think it's a bad idea?".

I had to leave the room, good GAWD people.

So obviously the big question is track days, I can't see anything resuming with this "no gatherings over 10 people" prohibition still in place. A couple of CDIs have reached out basically trying to get a feel for who's willing to instruct still, I was waiting to respond. My position has been that I'll do whatever the governor says, so this pretty much means I'm out, but I hadn't considered what I'll do if even organizers push ahead despite the guidance.

I keep hearing of people trying to keep cutting hair out of their houses, which obviously sounds like a terrible idea. Mother in law just last night asked my wife if she thought it was a bad idea to go to her hair stylists' house. She was facetiming and her mom said "Lady who cuts my hair called and asked if I wanted to schedule an appointment at her house. She said she's wiping everything down and has essential oil diffusers going everywhere, but do you think it's a bad idea?".

I had to leave the room, good GAWD people.

I :lol:'d at "essential oil diffusers".

So obviously the big question is track days, I can't see anything resuming with this "no gatherings over 10 people" prohibition still in place. A couple of CDIs have reached out basically trying to get a feel for who's willing to instruct still, I was waiting to respond. My position has been that I'll do whatever the governor says, so this pretty much means I'm out, but I hadn't considered what I'll do if even organizers push ahead despite the guidance.

I hadn’t seen the continuation of the 10 person max limit outside. Does that continue past May 1? If so then that’s hard to get around for track days and races. If not I think they can implement social distancing with some changes. Some of the organizers I’ve seen are moving to advanced drivers only so no in-car instructors.

I’ve been waiting to hear how we might be able to get back to kart racing. Newcastle, IN ran a race this past weekend with changes for social distancing, but obviously are held to different rules.

FWIW I got an email from NASA Great Lakes over the weekend that they were planning on their Memorial Day weekend race to go forward.

I hadn’t seen the continuation of the 10 person max limit outside. Does that continue past May 1? If so then that’s hard to get around for track days and races. If not I think they can implement social distancing with some changes. Some of the organizers I’ve seen are moving to advanced drivers only so no in-car instructors.

I’ve been waiting to hear how we might be able to get back to kart racing. Newcastle, IN ran a race this past weekend with changes for social distancing, but obviously are held to different rules.

FWIW I got an email from NASA Great Lakes over the weekend that they were planning on their Memorial Day weekend race to go forward.

Yes, it continues past May 1st, no end date on that yet. The prohibition makes no mention of indoors/outdoors -- "All public and private gatherings of any number of people occurring outside a single household or living unit are prohibited... Any gathering of more than ten people is prohibited unless exempted by this Order."

Auto Interests has said they won't hold in-person driver's meetings. Classroom sessions are also going to be streaming, I think. There's also provisions about instruction (lead/follow, etc) but I think it all hinges on what counts as a "gathering." If we all show up, stay in our respective squares in the paddock, and don't co-mingle, is that a "gathering"? That's the kind of shenanigans I worry about that would put me in a spot.

I got the same email about Memorial Day, I'm planning on doing the TREC race that Friday and whether or not that event proceeds as planned determines how concerned I am about the engine not being in the car at the moment....

Yes, it continues past May 1st, no end date on that yet. The prohibition makes no mention of indoors/outdoors -- "All public and private gatherings of any number of people occurring outside a single household or living unit are prohibited... Any gathering of more than ten people is prohibited unless exempted by this Order."

Auto Interests has said they won't hold in-person driver's meetings. Classroom sessions are also going to be streaming, I think. There's also provisions about instruction (lead/follow, etc) but I think it all hinges on what counts as a "gathering." If we all show up, stay in our respective squares in the paddock, and don't co-mingle, is that a "gathering"? That's the kind of shenanigans I worry about that would put me in a spot.

I got the same email about Memorial Day, I'm planning on doing the TREC race that Friday and whether or not that event proceeds as planned determines how concerned I am about the engine not being in the car at the moment....

Yeah that’s a bummer for sure. Even with virtual meetings car and karting events sure still seem like 100+ people in one area at one time. Now, it sure seems like the same thing could be said of a Walmart parking lot on any given day, but that’s just my observation.

Yeah that’s a bummer for sure. Even with virtual meetings car and karting events sure still seem like 100+ people in one area at one time. Now, it sure seems like the same thing could be said of a Walmart parking lot on any given day, but that’s just my observation.

Track owners are raising bloody hell behind the scenes with the elected officials over this. Tracks in the south have opened up for testing with 50 car limits and social distancing without any issues.

Personally, I would feel much safer at a race versus going to the store. Open air venue and plenty of room for people to stay away from me.

I've been doing everything I can to practice social distancing at the store when I have to go, however, most people don't.

I drove by the bike trails at Alum over the weekend and there were definitely groups of more than 10 people all close together, but if you’re not charging for admission I guess that isn’t going to get anyone’s attention.

There’s no easy answer, and any activities we participate in will put us at increased risk. Rest assured that no matter what happens, someone will be pissed about it. Most people won’t care either until they’re the ones who can’t breathe.