CoronaVirus

Forrest Gump 9

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coronavirus Pandemic, day 16:

If anyone is still out there, I’m alive but struggling. Food is running low!! Down to only 652 days worth. My hands are super sanitized and my butt is super clean. Down to 24,999 rounds of ammo (dropped 1 round down the heat vent while doing daily inventory). Power still on, but for how long? Missing human interaction but I have my dogs.. for now.. (I'm soaking their food in BBQ sauce in an attempt to marinate him from the inside in case I have to eat them). I fear dark days ahead. News is all bad. Neighbors have attempted to leap from windows to their death, (or near death... most have single story homes so they are badly bruised). Blew through most Netflix series so may have to rewatch some again..Basic Survival is a definite challenge. I vow to persevere to the end, I am a survivor! Please, if there is life out there, communicate with me to help preserve my sanity..

yes i stole this from somewhere so you probably saw it or the like

This made me LOL in real life. Haha well played.

This sucks, for everyone one way or another. The vast majority of us will be fine in the end, definitely just need to weather the storm. People just need to not get crazy or stupid. The government appears to be at least getting on top of things now with these shutdowns, etc. maybe a stimulus package, etc. They are working on things. People just need to go with the flow, and try not to be shitty people to each other. We are are all going through the same thing.

I say this as a delivery truck driver out there in the thick of things delivering to hospitals, grocery stores, manufacturing plants, and restaurants. Everyones hurting but working together will make this a lot easier.

The world is not going to end.

We should all take a week off and go to Florida....seems like the place to be. I'd like to say dumbass kids but I see more than 1 older person in the footage that should know better.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/videos/us/2020/03/18/coronavirus-florida-gatherings-acfc-full-episode-vpx.cnn

Just heard they were shutting down barber shops. I assumed this was inevitable and got a hair cut yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

yup, My wife works at SportClips she called me yesterday telling me they're shut down. She said the place was a mad house after the announcement. They had to stay until the last customer was done before closing the doors. Her last customer works for AEP, he left her a $80 tip!

Finally some good news: Talked to my manager in our tier meeting this morning, he had a call with one of our China groups and they are back in the office, the virus is started to subside there. Nice to hear it right from the source and not the news.

Weird story...

Just about the time the virus started in China, my youngest son was at the gas station.

This older guy pulls up, he's got an air force sticker on his vehicle, wearing an af cap, and my son said his face looked like he'd been in a fire or just aged horribly bad.

So they strike up a conversation, and the guy begins to tell him to stock up on gas and goods because something is coming.

He came back and we began to sort of laugh about it....well fast forward to this past 10 days and it looks like he knew or saw something.

The reason I bring it up now is my son was just here and stopped at the gas station as he was pulling out the same car with the guy was pulling in. He called to tell me the the foreseer of the apocalypse had just arrived again...he said it was like the twilight zone...lol

Finally some good news: Talked to my manager in our tier meeting this morning, he had a call with one of our China groups and they are back in the office, the virus is started to subside there. Nice to hear it right from the source and not the news.

I friend of mine work for AF, she was able to place orders in China four weeks ago. Things in China are getting back to normal, everything is about six weeks behind but people are back to work.

China saying things are getting better....this is from the same country that hid the fact.

Hopefully they are right but I don't know

It's not just China, there are several countries that are seeing a decrease in the number of new cases -- meaning they've stopped the exponential spread. South Korea is one of them.

Behind its success so far has been the most expansive and well-organized testing program in the world, combined with extensive efforts to isolate infected people and trace and quarantine their contacts.

That's it in a nutshell -- testing. We're all on lockdown right now because we don't know who's infected. Every one of us is a potential carrier, so we've had to grind our economy to a halt in order to stop it. Other countries are light years ahead of us in terms of testing infrastructure and so they're able to allow non-infected people back to work and only quarantine the sick.

We'll get there eventually, but we're like 2 months behind South Korea in terms of being able to ramp up enough test kits. There are, of course, reasons why we're behind the curve on test kits, but those reasons have been covered in previous posts in this thread.

It truly isn't good for your mental health to perseverate on this stuff. Turn it off and go outside.

Yep, don't even bother watching the bullshit anymore. My wife is a CNN addict so I just leave the room when that junk is on*.

**please note I'm not a fan of any cable news, fake news, talking head, influencer, or other non-bias media outlet.**

This. I'm only going to check the news like twice a day. It's getting very tiring.

I logged out years ago, liked it so much I deleted it completely and never looked back. It's somewhat refreshing now not to have to check in there all the time.

A lot of our production is back to normal as of a few days ago, we're just hoping the US can follow the same curve.

It's not just China, there are several countries that are seeing a decrease in the number of new cases -- meaning they've stopped the exponential spread. South Korea is one of them.

That's it in a nutshell -- testing. We're all on lockdown right now because we don't know who's infected. Every one of us is a potential carrier, so we've had to grind our economy to a halt in order to stop it. Other countries are light years ahead of us in terms of testing infrastructure and so they're able to allow non-infected people back to work and only quarantine the sick.

We'll get there eventually, but we're like 2 months behind South Korea in terms of being able to ramp up enough test kits. There are, of course, reasons why we're behind the curve on test kits, but those reasons have been covered in previous posts in this thread.

SK had two major infection zones and that was it. It's spread all over the USA, nearly randomly. Also the USA is a hell of a lot bigger than SK. Comparing to SK, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore isn't a fair comparison.

On the other hand comparing USA to Italy isn't fair either. I see a lot of "we're 2 weeks behind Italy"... yeah in total numbers, but as individual states are are way behind Italy.

Again with the fucking media. DeWine pretty much said the exact same thing the other day. Media person asks some random-ass question like, so what are you going to do (after he just said everything)...and he would be like "We make recommendations. The government has the power to suggest things all the way up to martial law-type scenarios. We will address things as they unfold". (Im completely paraphrasing / guessing here)

Notice how that exceptional piece of reporting you linked doesnt have a video so we can gain the statement with context.

I logged out years ago, liked it so much I deleted it completely and never looked back. It's somewhat refreshing now not to have to check in there all the time.

A lot of our production is back to normal as of a few days ago, we're just hoping the US can follow the same curve.

Our production is shut down and won't be back for some time. I said early in this thread that the impact of this will delay new model launches, but now it could cancel some plans entirely. Ford just took out a ~$16 billion line of credit. Everyone's making plans on how to save capital. It's going to take a while to get back to normal.
Those don't exist.
NPR

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk