CoronaVirus

Forrest Gump 9

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The shutdown comes tonight.
I'm betting that the college students get the weekend to move out, shutdown Monday. Soon for sure though, so you may be right......

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

All non essential travel. Just like Cali. There are still a lot of people moving around out here.

There really are a lot of people that just don't get it. Traffic has been lighter, but way too many people out and about.

There really are a lot of people that just don't get it. Traffic has been lighter, but way too many people out and about.

Well that depends on where they are going. My company / plant will have an exception and I'll be going to work because we manufacture essential nutritional products that hospitals use. All of our lines are running full out right now to keep up with demand.

You'd be surprised how many people are still mandated to work and are out and about for that. Apparently our company has been identified by the gov as "essential" in several of these shelter in place mandated locations already, as we support a huge number of medical facilities, local transit facilities, government buildings, etc.

I'm working from home mostly, but did have to visit a customer site yesterday. Nearly all of our ongoing construction work at hospitals has been indefinitely suspended, with the justification being that they don't want visitors/contractors in and out of the facility.

Wife is an RN at Nationwide Children's, and though she now has an office job she has been directed to continue reporting to her office every day. The understanding is that if too much staff becomes sick or they can't adequately cover the demand she can be re-allocated to direct patient care. Crazy times.

I sit and listen to the highway out front and I'm not noticing a huge reduction in traffic really. Way to many people working I think. I'm sure some of it is essential stuff like groceries or beer but a large portion has to be people working.

I'm in IT at a food packaging facility. We are essential, but have sent as many non-essential people home as possible to WFH. I was told I could WFH as long as there wasn't a hardware need. Got up this morning to WFH and guess what, immediate hardware needs in the plant; mainly because people are stupid and can't figure things out themselves.

It's times like these that you find out how much your company really cares for you. I've explained that my wife has an autoimmune deficiency. If she gets this, she's done for. I am told I still have to go in to work. If I didn't have to carry insurance for us, I would have quit.

Ohio is averaging about 2-3 cases a day (Since it hit the US). With 11 Million people that's like a .002% chance of infection.

Hang in there guys.

Sarcasm aside, Ohio is doing pretty good, has the lowest number of cases among all the states >10 million people. CA, WA, NY, and NJ are a different story,

Ohio is averaging about 2-3 cases a day (Since it hit the US). With 11 Million people that's like a .002% chance of infection.

Hang in there guys.

Sarcasm aside, Ohio is doing pretty good, has the lowest number of cases among all the states >10 million people. CA, WA, NY, and NJ are a different story,

I appreciate the optimism. For the last 8 days I've been almost bed ridden due to my back. Just sit around most of the day on my phone and it's beyond fucking depressing. There's just not many optimistic points of view floating around.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-21/nigeria-reports-chloroquine-poisonings-after-trump-praised-drug?srnd=premium

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-21/nigeria-reports-chloroquine-poisonings-after-trump-praised-drug?srnd=premium

#TrumpLiedPeople...uhhInNigeriaGotReallySick ??

Doesn’t roll off the tongue as well. He’s got to get on message to instill more confidence in what the government’s doing. I just spoke to my ophthalmologist neighbor who’s pretty much off for the next 3 weeks and he’s been spending his time looking for medical supply donations/sources. He said frontline medical providers are pretty frustrated.