CoronaVirus

Forrest Gump 9

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who didn't see that coming? I bet there's riders attached all over that thing that has nothing to do with our current issue. I'm generally a person that gets along with everyone. I like most people which pisses my wife off because she says I'm too trusting. That being said....I hate those motherfuckers guts in Washington. Not just one party....I hate all those pieces of shit

I think the problem with the media is they are still trying to sensationalize the lack of the above. Even though the media is told daily production is being ramped up the media still pulls old data to make it look like there is a bigger problem with lack of equipment than there truly is.

Also I feel the media goes to where the supplies aren't needed as bad and haven't gone to where the majority of cases are to see if they have what is needed. But that's me.

You can make anything look the way you want..figures lie and liars figure

I don't think it's sensationalism when it's the current reality and the reason we're all sitting at home right now. The hospital nearest me is asking for the public to donate any unopened/unused personal protective equipment (PPE) because they are running out. The hospital down the road from them was completely out of masks on Saturday. They were asking doctors and nurses to bring their own from home. At the end of last week there was an interview with a guy from an Atlanta hospital who said they've already gone through a 5 month supply of masks and only had a 3 day supply left. The only company that has any available is in Mexico and is charging $7 per mask. He said they usually cost less than 60 cents, but they would probably end up having to buy them.

Supply chains take time, and companies that make a press release saying they're going to make masks can't just flip a switch, and they may not even materialize.

Meanwhile, people are putting their own health, and their family's health) at risk to care for others.

That's not reporting sensationalism, that's reporting reality.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

What I mean by sensationalize is we all know supplies are a short but production is being increased, so why keep beating a dead horse. Also, who do they interview the gov of Illinois, someone in san fransisco, and other trump haters.

You can selectively ask questions to get the response you want. This is bassically what happened with truman and dewey. How was the poll taken? By phone! Who had phones? Those with money that voted republican, hence the media had it looking like a truman loss.

This also was a study in a business class while I was in college, we would go out and ask a question in different ways to get the response we wanted.

LITMUS TEST: If Trump fires Fauci (or Fauci is forced to resign) in the middle of this crisis, that's your sign of how much Trump focuses on loyalty and looking good over having competent people working the problem.

https://www.thehour.com/opinion/article/I-know-but-what-do-you-want-me-to-do-Fauci-s-15150393.php

LITMUS TEST: If Trump fires Fauci (or Fauci is forced to resign) in the middle of this crisis, that's your sign of how much Trump focuses on loyalty and looking good over having competent people working the problem.

https://www.thehour.com/opinion/article/I-know-but-what-do-you-want-me-to-do-Fauci-s-15150393.php

I think that question was answered with the Kelly and Mattis firings..I'm surprised Pompao has lasted as long as he has

That sneaky bitch. It's 's good thing the good guys in the senate caught her and kicked her out so they can get back to work.
LMAO. It really is amazing how they can turn everything into Pelosi's fault, even when she's not in the room.

Edited by Mallard

My job was listed essential after my company spoke with someone from Ohio.

Had 6 months of money ready to go for a while now incase another recession hit. Found a 12 pack of TP behind the customer service desk at giant eagle.

Waiting on a stimulus check to put more money in the market

We'll see what they end up approving but my wife and I will almost certainly not be getting checks. I don't know what all of you make of course but given all the dick swinging on CR I'm forced to assume that you're all loaded and have too much income to be getting checks either :-P . Ymmv.

So, the press conference this evening was.... concerning.

I would best describe the conversation as disconnected from reality and incompatible with the facts shared by medical professionals up to this point. Also Dr. Fauci is no longer present or speaking. Seems real transparent / not at all swampy to me.

So, the press conference this evening was.... concerning.

I would best describe the conversation as disconnected from reality and incompatible with the facts shared by medical professionals up to this point. Also Dr. Fauci is no longer present or speaking. Seems real transparent / not at all swampy to me.

I agree. I understand the desire to re-open everything, but if we do it too quickly then we're potentially in worse shape. This has not given supply chains enough time to catch up on production of PPE or respirators, which the hospitals already desperately need. I can see relaxing some of the restrictions once hospitals have capacity and supplies, but we're definitely not there yet. (At risk demographics need to stay on lockdown until we see if this actually does taper off when the weather changes)

Also, reading the comments on Facebook live, A LOT of people misunderstand his comments of "the cure being worse than the virus." People are freaking out thinking that the drugs they want to treat patients with has horrible side effects, when he's actually saying that shutting down the economy is worse than 10's of thousands of people dying (uh, which is so much better).

Also, at least my employer seems to be jumping in to help now too.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fiat-chrysler-automobiles-to-produce-face-masks-for-first-responders-and-health-care-workers-301028532.html