Whats Up With The Helmets?

NightRider

I would like to start off by saying how much i enjoy Ohio-Riders. There's a great bunch of people on here. There's assholes where ever you go, but everyone from top to bottom here...seems pretty cool. One thing i did notice though, looking through the forums...these weird looking helmets. Now...i'm not trying to bash anyone, in any way, i was just wondering if someone could tell me why you choose these style's of helmets.

They wouldn't look bad on women at all, however i've seen a few of them on men here. Guys, i'm not saying you have to go out and look like the terminator with your lid...but thats what alot of people look at. These helmets, just look a little...feminine...and there's nothing wrong with that. I just feel a man...should look like a man.

Here are the helmets in question. At least some that come close to what i have seen. Hope these images work.

2007_Suomy_Vandal_Aquarius_Helmet_--.jpg

2008_Suomy_Vandal_Dream_Helmet_--.jpg

2008_Suomy_Vandal_Flower_Helmet_White.jpg

2008_Icon_Mainframe_Death_from_Above_Helmet_DFA.jpg

2008_Suomy_Extreme_Amleto_Replica_Helmet_Gold_Black_Red_White.jpg

These helmets just look a little hello-kittyish lol, especially the 2nd to last. Again, if you wear helmets like this, awesome. More power to you. I just don't get the look.

Anyone else agree?

I tried to put this in the most polite way, without pissing on anyone's shoes. I'm just trying to find the logic behind the choices.

Thanks to anyone who chimes in :cheers:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have noticed a sharp turn towards the ghey in helmet graphics lately too. I like a lid with some color to it, but it shouldn't look like you won it at a kids' b-day party at Chuck E. Cheese.

I think it's about originality...

Picking a helmet that you can be pretty sure that nobody else will be rocking...

just the way I kinda figured it works, and part of the reason I chose the bike I did, it's fairly rare and unique

How can there be any originality to wearing anything with the ICON logo?:confused: I don't get it!

In a seriousness I wouldn't wear any of the helmets pictured. I like plain, flat, as little flash as possible. But to each their own! I would rather see someone in a ghey looking helmet than no helmet at all.:cool:

:funnyshit::lol:Make fun of some sweet original helmets & not have a motorcycle, who does that???????

Those helmets are definitely far from sweet. I'm not sure about that...this guy's a real tool...<<.....:(

In tough times people gotta do...unfortunate things. I've been one of the unlucky bastards...but soon i will have another. No worries! :D

Thanks to all for making me laugh and bringing me down at the same time. :cheers:

Those helmets are definitely far from sweet. I'm not sure about that...this guy's a real tool...<<.....:(

In tough times people gotta do...unfortunate things. I've been one of the unlucky bastards...but soon i will have another. No worries! :D

Thanks to all for making me laugh and bringing me down at the same time. :cheers:

I GOTTA A TOOL FOR YA!!!!!!!!! HOPE YA GET YOUR LUCK BACK & GET BACK ON 2 WHEELS. :honda::smilieRR:

everyone of those helmets to me sucks ass..the icon lid looks like it belongs to a child, not an adult. suomy helmets all look like ass to me besides the one with the bald eagle. i prefer the designs of shoei and arai and hjc. i also hate barbed wire that mainly make up most hjc ids as well. in the end i think my helmet looks badass, reason why i bought it. hundreds of people think my helmet looks like ass, but its mine so i dont give a fuck. in the end go with what you like, and who gives a fuck what others think.