IMO Best Looking Red out there now....

TTQ B4U

Not sure what others think, but to me Mazda makes one of the best looking red colors around. Soul Red Metallic is definitely a color I like. This is Tamie's new-to-her 2018 CX-5 Touring that we picked up with just over 32k miles on it. It's been in service just over 30 months and was in need a of a make over.

Overall the car was in good shape less the swirls from a lifetime of tunnel washes. The treatment here given Mazda also has about the thinnest paint out there, was to get it between 85-90% correction leaving room for future polishes and re-coatings as needed. Maybe not a long term ride for her but I would expect we'll keep it 5-7 years at minimum.

I put it through it's full paces of course, including a full steam extraction the day we brought it home. A full leather treatment including a leather coating and a full engine cleaning.

After enjoying some time off for the holidays it was time to get to the exterior of it. Here I did my Premium Enhancement Polish, which is a good 1-Step Correction which included a base-coat primer as a prep for the ceramic coating heading its way.

Ceramic wise, it received the full treatment, Glass Coating on all windows and mirrors, Wheels were polished and ceramic coated, Plastic Trim and Cladding was cleaned and stripped then coated to keep it black and fresh too. Paint coating wise, this one received 3-Layers of CarPro's offering. Two products including their newest Silicon Carbide Ceramic. Finally door jams were polished and sealed as all too many manufacturers leave them dull and lifeless with minimal clear coat on them.

Now onto the pics. Typical grey weather in Ohio but at least mother nature gave me a few dry minutes to take her outside for photos.

So how bad was it? Let's just say the paint matched the tail lights

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Engine is cleaned but up next will be the underside of the hood. Pretty much the only part I didn't get to this time.

original.jpg

Trim all coated including the cowling area which always takes a beating

original.jpg

Doors and Door Jambs all polished. Aftermarket Door sills installed too.

original.jpg

original.jpg

The Gold Metallic Flake really pops under the lighting. Can't wait to see her all cleaned up in the sunshine

original.jpg

original.jpg

That red is hands down the best there is! Every time I see it I can't believe its on a Mazda!!

I know right? It makes me want a Mazda just for the color. If I roll with a plebeian dailiy driver, the 3 Turbo in Red with gloss black accents is really a great looking sedan. The smaller CX-30 is too. My wife laughed thinking no way I would but I've strongly considered an Accord Turbo but then heck would love to have AWD which makes me look at used TLX's now that new model will drop prices of the outgoing one. But then then I'm right back to Mazda that has a turbo, super nice interior and ride and AWD for even less.

Looks great. Crummy weather doesn't do that paint justice.

Agree. Heck, every year I get stuck with 3-4 months of crummy pics on great details. Thanks Ohio.

Never been a big fan of red cars, but I love what Tim's touch does to make that hue pop.

Continued thanks.

Slightly off topic what do you use to condition leather seats Tim ? we used to use https://www.lexol.com but they changed the formula and now gets crap reviews, thx.

Optimum and Leather Masters make some great products. Griot's Garage too. Older leather, I do the Leatherique Treatment. Works awesome. Then treat with Optimum going forward.